The House late at night.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

The House late at night.

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon, who does not sleep much, given that he does not dream. He has no visions, no premonitions, no touch with the future. He is cut of from that sixth sense that so many of his people have.

He walked through the darkness checking the wards, and watches. He carried a heavy ruby lantern.

Then he walks past Ashune's door. Strange that he has never really spoken with her. But she is familiar. Her voice is familiar.

He knocks on the door.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

A moment later, after a few clicking noises, the door swings open to reveal the pale woman on the other side. Her eyes meet Abbadon's breifly before she lowers her head, moves to one side, and extends her arm into the room as if to show him the way in.

"Please enter, if that is your wish, Master Abaddon."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

The old Valkyn'vi mystic steps through the door, leaning on his staff heavily. His braids dangle in front of his eyes, mercurial in the shadow and flame.

"Is Lady Ashune awake. I would to to palaver with her a bit." Abadodn asks quietly.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

"She is not here at the moment, Master Abaddon. Is there anything you wish me to do?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"It would seem that the one time I wanted to talk to that harpy, she would be gone. No, Kami, go back to sleep. I will see myself out." Abaddon says, turned around and going back towards the main area of the House.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The tailed woman pauses at the door to the House of Chance and puts her hand on the frame. She touches each in turn, shadows playing across her face as she passes through.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"There you are. I was looking for you. We haven't really had a chance to speak." Abaddon says, leaning against his cane. "I find you familiar for some reason. You remind me of someone. "
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

She stops and looks at him, with a momentary, startled sort of expression on her features. She recovers and smiles, walks towards him.

"I should think...if we have met, I should remember you." She lifts her hand and seems to caress his face with the back of it, not touching him, but only by the slightest hairsbreadth. "And if not you, your card-playing. You are a terrible card player, charlatan." She smiles at the corners of her lips.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"You've never seen me play cards when I was trying to win. Losing a few hands goes along way towards making friends in this world. I know someone who used to call me that. It was along time ago. " Abaddon says. His dark eye clouded over.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Her eyebrows crease and her voice softens. "Forgive me, Abaddon. I did not know it caused you such discomfort." She lowers her hand. "I will not call you so again, if it will do so."
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

Coming around the corner Arjan pipes in,

"Thing is, what is causing the discomfort? The name charlatan, or the memory of those that called him such?"

The hint of humor in his voice has disappeared and a look of concern briefly replaces the amusement ever present in his eyes. Holding out a glass to Abbadon he says,

"Here, it doesn't have any alcohol in it but, it'll make you feel better all the same."

He offers another to Ashune and steps back so as not to interpose.
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"It doesn't cause me real discomfort. Just...old memories, for an old man. The older you get the more think about what's past. But I never considered myself someone who lingered in what was gone, I look to the future. And the name just evokes memories. Please don't worry about it. " Abaddon says, taking a lon drink and nodding to Arjan.