A formal request

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*Daine pipes up from the back.*

I think it sounds interesting! (gets a wistful look in his eyes) I mean, imagine all the gadgets and gubbins that are probably just laying around. Not to mention that it'd be just neighborly to help out the Caldonians.

*Looks around and coughs, shrugging*

I mean, uh, we'd certainly have to take some care and precautions while we're there of course, but still.... you have to admit. A couple little side adventures while on the world-saving business couldn't hurt, as long as we're careful. You know, "spice of life", and all that rot.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*After about 20 minutes Aurora returns after seeing Ark off. She looks at Daine.*

Humm...if I remember my grandmother's journal about this. *Looks back up towards Mohdri* Didn't gnomes have something to do with that disease about to be released because they wanted to find and use ancient things that were locked away there Uncle?

*Starts making her way towards the front of the assembled crowd to assist Mohdri and get the scouting information she is going to need for the trip.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan listens to Daine and his jaw slowly drops.*

"Son-of-a-bitch... there's the guy who's gonna find the rock."

*Laughing, Korrigan points at Daine.*

"I like you, Daine, but if your gadgets and "spice of life" gets me blown up I swear I'm gonna crawl out of the ground and eat your friggin' brain!"

*Looks at Dallid, still laughing.*

"And don't you go banishing me before I get to eat his brain, either. If his tinkering blows me up, he rightly deserves to get his brain eaten, dammit!"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Korrigan and Daine*

Ummm...not funny. Sorry Mr. Korrigan Sir, Daine, but this Elthinar stuff isn't something we should be playing with. So, seriously so as not to release whatever has been sealed there please do not "tinker" with stuff.

*Looks at Mohdri*

Guess this means I'll be carefully looking at stuff then, eh Uncle?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri gets a short smerk at Korrigan's jesting but it quickly fades,

"All jokes aside, we could only one hope to recreate the An'Dar's most basic tools, and the gate system is probably one of the more basic, and the elves can't even duplicate it fully. The really dangerous stuff we probably won't get a chance to take or even study because we may not even know what it is and it would be WAY over our heads anyway. 'Caution' WILL be the key word while we're there." Looks at Daine, still with a serious look on his face, " 'cause I'll be right beside Korrigan and I don't think Dallid could get us both fast enough to stop us."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“That is assuming Daine and I still live. However, should recklessness cause something to go wrong, it may not be one or two who suffer for it, but all Phanterra – if what little known of the power of the Andar holds any truth.”

“I have never been one to hold to the belief that ‘there are things out there we were not meant to know’. I cannot accept ignorance as a method of defense. So just as Daine will actively seek out devices long lost to this world while we search for the missing party, so too shall I pursue forgotten knowledge with dedicated focus.. But we must proceed with methodic care in our explorations. Take no chances.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"I never claimed we were not meant to nor capable of eventually understanding the power of the An'Dar. In my opinion, we're just not ready right now, on many levels."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I need to go get things ready for the trip. Ingram will be staying here to protect our interests. Tellineum for example. If any one needs me." Abaddon says, limping out with his cane.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Mohdri and the representative and then to the assembled people.*

So, besides my Uncle and I who here are scouts?

*Looks at Mohdri*

My apologies, but I just would like to know who all will be able to assist us once we get down to the scouting information this gentleman here has.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

Outside the inn the new Valkin'Vi falls into step with Abbadon. Not saying a word, he follows him, a slight smile on his face and softly stroking his bow.
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*Daine raises his hands placatingly and laughs*

I don't think you need to worry about me Kor, you see, I have a personal theory when adventuring:

*Holds up his right forefinger* "Finding interesting old things"

*Holds up the left twin* "Grabbing interesting old things"

Unlike some Guthries, I make a very important distinction. Plus, it was left to me to fix things once back at the fishing village; I don't plan on leaving any of my friends to do the same with something I cause.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks around*

So, umm..*Looks at the messenger* Can my Uncle and I get all the scouting information you have please Sir since the conversation has died down a bit?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"If there is nothing left for me, then, I will take my leave after meeting with the scouts. Thanks for your help on this matter."

He gets down from the table and begins giving directions to the scouts.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Grabs paper and a writing instrument for the meeting in case some important details on things are discussed from a scouting perspective*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

*A man walks into the inn. A pack is slung over his shoulder, and a blade is sheathed at his hip. He sits heavily and pulls a bottle from his pack. He drinks and looks around. His eyes stop on the gentleman giving directions to the scouts.*
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith