A formal request

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Stands there looking at Ark to see how patient he would be to wait for this discussion to play out.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"And, I suspect that the Caladonian's fear of Magic may not be helpful int his regard.

Ancient ruins, terrible magic and lost men. We have no choice, but to do what we must. However, Can we eget more information on this Elthanar? That will need to be our starting point."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

From his "spot" he can see and understands, he nods his head to say "yes" and then begins writing in a book.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at the man*

Sir if I could take a look at a map or something so that I know where we are going.

*She thinks*

Humm...Elthinar resided in the Kingdom of Silverthorn. It was named after an avayana if memory serves me correctly from the academy. My grandmother began her witch-hunter career there. I think a huge battle against the evil magi Narnian was fought there.

I remember a few other things about the place but *looks at Esmerelda* now is probably not the best time.

*Looks at the gentleman*

If I could look at where we are suppose to head please sir, either that or if you have a map I could do my best to try to copy it.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"You want information on Elthinar, talk to someone who has been there"
*Mohdri steps into the inn.

"I also began my adventuring career there along side Aurora's grandmother. I was one of the last to leave the area after it was collapsed in on itself intentionally. Any information I have on the town is long irrelivent as the town has not existed in about 60 years. The area UNDER the town is another matter entirely. An'Dar as I recall.

*To Aurora, "You are correct about the avayana part, by the way.

*To all, "Narnian, Florian, Pentaguisine, a lot of evil was fought there at one point in time.

*To Dallid, "As To Stryder... " Mohdri lowers his head and rubs his temples as if getting a headache. "... I really don't know where to begin. He probably has a great deal of information swirling around in that head of his, assuming it's still attached to his body. But the problem there is trying to find him, or anyone who was supposed to be at the conclave he called for just before the cataclysm. Where it not for several twists of fate, I would have been there too, but that is another story. No one has seen anyone from that meeting since then, that I am aware of.

Any other question I can field, I would be happy too as much as I am able."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smiles when Mohdri tell her she had her information correct.*

*She looks at Mohdri*

I'll be right back Uncle, I promise, but I really should see the guest that arrived off. I won't take but a few minutes I promise. Stuff on Elthinar is more your area anyway.

Besides, we are going to need more scouts to brief on this mission anyway.

*Aurora nods to Ark and then steps outside*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark hops off his table and slides out the door behind her giving a slight wave to everbody in the room. "have fun"
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"And'ar you say. Ancient ruins and forgotten magic is of interest, as is prophesies of cataclysms. I will be going. I will be bringing my assistant, and I seek Valkyn'vi youth to act as body guard. I don't know if Ingram will go, he has duties to attend here, but I do know we will support those who go."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

To Dallid, the man nods. "You may be right. Either way, he seems to be one who may at least know what happened, what exactly happened, and therefore what if anything can be done to reverse it, if that is even necessary."

The man sighs, clearly frustrated by the little information he does have. At Mohdri's words, he perks up, as if reminded of something. "An'Dar, yes, correct sir. And if I'm not mistaken, the town was, how did you put it, intentionally collapsed, in part because of this city, though the details are sketchy, As you can guess, the town and everything in it would have great interest to House Toevass. We do not believe they would have been content to simply let it remain buried."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Interesting.Will we be expected to unbury? or keep buried this place? or do we just seek stryder and his information?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"We have reason to believe that it has already been unearthed. Find Strider, or how to find him, or anything about what he did, save whoever can be saved, and get out again. I myself have never been to an An'Dar city, but rumors suggest that it may be unlike anything you have ever seen. Don't let greedy eyes keep you there any longer than necessary to complete the task. Remember that it was almost certainly buried for a reason, and a dire one at that. I say these things not to scare you but to prepare you." He looks at Korrigan again. "I would hate for anything to happen to anyone simlpy because they were not prepared."
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"Actually, I believe it was "intentionally buried" because some of the residents of Elthanar had released, or were about to release a terrible plague that was there in the An'Dar city. It was collapsed in on itself in an attempt to contain the plague. Since we are all here talking to each other, I assume it worked. As to what beacme of the plague or any cure for it, well... I believe this would be an example of the "greedy eyes" you talk about."
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan smirks and points at the Caledonian.*

"See, that's what I was talking about. 'Area is an ancient An'dar city likely to be filled with incredibly dangerous items of power' is exactly the kind of information I need to have. Now when some idiot runs up to me holding some glowing rock he found, I know to run like hell. Knowing that it was buried to stop some nastly plague should help stop people from digging around for souvenirs, too."

"Hey Mohdri, what flavor of nasties did you encounter while you were there? Undead? Goblinoids? Giant Rabbits?"
Last edited by GM-Taki on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"Fortunatly, or unfortunatly depending on your point of view, I was never at the An'Dar city itself.

What I do know is second hand from people who where there though. Undead may not be out of the question but I heard no specific stories of them though. No stories of any living, or unliving, beings at all for that matter.

Though, with the cataclysm, I would expect concentrations of random magic that are the usual source for undead creatures.

The An'Dar knew levels of magic the likes of which we can not imagine, and with the refusion of magic, I expect there to be items, locations, and devices active there that the Elthanar adventurers at the time would have overlooked as junk. I wouldn't be surprised to find a fully active gate there, too. Maybe several.

I expect those that can sense magic will be of a lot use on this mission.

Galen, if he can be contacted before we go, would probably have more information as he was one of the "Elthanar adventurers" there at the time.

I will also try and utilize other sources of information I may have about the place."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"So caution is paramount. Exploration of the region is required, but we must be extra careful of what we find and where we go. We cannot let the fear of what might lie ahead in the unknown prevent us from venturing forth, but we must examine with great care all we discover."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.