A formal request

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

A formal request

Post by GM-Mike »

A Caldonian wearing the colors of the Galbraith clan enters and stands upon a table, so as to get everyone's attention. He speaks clearly and with authority.

"As some of you may know, we sent out a party that never returned. As of this date, no word, no knowledge of what has happened to them has been obtained. There has been some recent evidence that suggests that the effects of the cataclysm are ongoing, that the world continues to be ripped apart, albeit slowly. This party was looking for information as to the exact cause of the cataclysmic event, of what exactly happened so that, if necessary, a plan can be formed that may reverse the effects. We believe that the person primarily responsible for the event was Strider, and we are currently searching for him, for anything he may have left behind, for anything that might help us with this task. I am here on behalf of Galen to formally request that you, that all of you, do us this favor of trying to locate this party. I cannot stress the importance of this mission enough. Galen personally assures the safety of your buildings and possessions while you are gone. He wanted me to take the time to answer any questions that you might have and the he expects you to leave at your earliest convenience."

He waits for questions.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"What evidence is known that associates Strider with the Cataclysm? What leads was the missing party pursuing?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"Strider was very vocal in his assertions that a great cataclysmic event was in the foreseeable future and that if something wasn't done, then this event would destroy the entire world. Not long after, something, apparently, was done, and while the world still stands, the effects of this action are still being felt to this day.

"Strider spent a good portion of his life in a town called Elthanar. That town was obliterated by its inhabitants. However, the town of Elthanar was built over an ancient city that the town's inhabitants were unlikely to completely destroy. The nature of the city makes it a likely place for a person like Strider to hide valuable secrets, and thus it was this city that the party sought."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"How for will we need to travel to reach this place, and who will guard far reach in our absence."

OOC:
I am assuming this the hook for the location change?
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"It's a several day hike, and Galen has promised guards to look after your belongings and to protect Far Reach."

OOC: Yep
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*The young woman walks back into the Inn with Ark and Atrum following. She then smiles at both of them.*

Thank-you. I still have some more to learn but I appreciate the sparing so I can get batter.

*Sees the individual and listens to what he has to say.*

*Sees the individual and listens to what he has to say then addresses him*

What direction will we be heading...north, south, east, west, Might there be a map or any such documentation so that scouts can be better aware of the environment that we are heading to sir?

Is there anything else known of what Strider was seeking, such as this effect, would it be able to be detected by those who can sense the flow of magic?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark follows Aurora in and notices, but ignores, the man ranting on the table, he whispers to Aurora and Atrum while the man talks.

"Sounds like this is your buisness, if we are all done for now I will be leaving, I left a matter sitting at the camp i must attend too."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda climbs up on the table next to the Caldonian.

"We would be happy to give King Galen our assistance in this matter. He has opened his kingdom to us, we would be remiss in repaying his hospitality if we did not search for his missing countrymen.

"While I hope Strider is rotting in whatever abyss he created for himself, he has a lot to answer for. I just hope his folly has not caused the deaths of yet more people. When do you need us to move out?"

She gestures for Aurora to come over, and Mohdri as well if he is in sight.

"These are some of our scouts, sir. They would be the best ones to give the last known coordinates of your search party..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Ark.*

Sir Ark, if you could give me a moment I would like to walk back with you to the gate so that I might know where to head to later if I am in need of training.

*She looks at Esmerelda, nods and walks over to wherever she is standing underneath her in front of everyone. She doesn't say much, just head to the front to be noticed. She looks at Esmerelda.*

I have a visitor I'd like to return home fairly quickly. I'd also like to check and see where the other scouts are. I know of one more if they are around.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark jumps onto a table in the corner and resumes his crouching stance,..waiting.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan, who is relaxing at one of the tables near the door, peers out from under his hat with a questioning look on his face.*

"I'm perfectly willing to go poke around in ruins that decent people have no business messing with... hell, that's just my sort of thing; but I can't help but wonder why in blue blazes you want this rag-tag bunch of refugees and adventurers to go on a rescue mission. You've got men, since you've got people to watch over this place while we're gone - which is no small task, I might add."

*Rubbing his chin, Korrigan continues.*

"You knew something was up, enough to send a party, anyway. But that party was either ill-informed or ill-equipped to deal with whatever they found. Regardless, this is either something you think we're uniquely capable of handling, or there's a reason you don't want to send your own people. What's your game, Galbraith? What do you know?"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The man nods his appreciation to Esmerelda, thanking her, and then turns to Korrigan. "A man with wisdon. I appreciate that. In these lands, it is easier to find people who are willing to guard, to defend the home, than to wander away from it. In truth, I don't know what that party ran into out there, so ill informed is correct. We do know the dangers of this area, however, far better than you, and so our people would simply be more comfortable defending it, instead of losing people to a mission that isn't quite so...immediate--the world may ba falling a part, yes, but not tomorrow, when an invasion could come at any moment. Therefore, we thought, given the circumstances and all that has been done for you that perhaps you might be willing to do this for us."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*gently taps Esmerelda so she'll bend down so that Aurora can whisper in her ear.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda bends down and raises an eyebrow at Aurora's words. She shakes her head for a moment, then shrugs.

"If you really think it's more important, than go." She turns back to the conversation.

"I apologize for the rather unncessary interrruption. Please, continue."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"By what you say, I would think Stryder would have been working against the Cataclysm, not on bringing it about. However, if he did dedicate himself to the Cataclysm, whether for or against, he would likely possess much knowledge regarding it."

"Still, is there not more information on this Stryder that would link him to the Cataclysm he had warned so ferverently against?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.