Walking into the House of Chance

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Walking into the House of Chance

Post by Esmerelda »

One afternoon Esmerelda enters the House of Chance.

"Are Ingram or Abbadon about?" she querries of whomever is present. "I have an idea I'd like to discuss with them..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

*Ingram exits his room and approaches*

What was it you wanted to discuss?
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"I had an idea that I wanted your input, if not assistance with. While I know you personally will probably think the idea foolhardy, I think it may have some merit. I have heard a lot of grumbling still amongst people who are still insisting on a division between the town. What amuses me most, I think, is that those who are the most vocal about it and who keep bringing up the events that happened at Haven are those who never even resided there." She has a look of disgust on her face.

"But I digress. My point in coming here was to look into boosting the morale of the town. I have been told by some of the locals that there will be some kind of games in the fall. What if we were to pool our efforts to throw a party that evening? Perhaps nothing so formal as the ball attempted at Haven last year, but something for everyone to socailize and get to know each other better. To continue to foster goodwill and morale. I know you've expressed that you think such pasttimes are a waste of time, but would you be willing to lend your support to an event for those of us who do enjoy such things?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"If not Ingram, Then I will help you. An evening of frivolity would be right up my alley.

A formal ball, or perhaps a Carnival would work well. We could host two sections, one in the House, and one at the tispy tavern. Games, demonstrations and the like would be good. We could even offer small prizes. The teamwork needed to win the games would go a long way towards binding the town together, and familiarity will make the fear go away."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

I will leave Abaddon to assist you with this. I have some things to attend to. Should you have need of me with preparing anything specific, let me know.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda smiles.

"Thank you. What ideas do you have in mind, Abaddon? I have some old style party games in mind. But team events would be a wonderful idea. "
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*Daine leans over the railing of the second floor of the great room*

An evening of games and eating, huh? *winks* Sounds like something that'd be up my alley.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I was thinking some team building games. Three legged races, and egg tosses. We mix the teams. six pairs, six from the Tavern and Six from the House. We reward the winners.

Then we do a round of your party games, one set at the House, one at the Tavern with Wine and dancing. That should pick spirits up. " Abaddon says with a smile that actually touches his eyes.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda's eyes sparkle as Abbadon speaks and a wide grin crosses her face.

"I like it! And what would you think about a possible scavanger hunt as well? I think the cooperation games would be an excellent idea. I also played once at a party in my youth a game where someone is handed two wooden spoons and blindfolded. They are then spun around and placed in the center of a circle of the rest of the guests. The blindfolded person then walks towards someone and has to guess who it is, touching them only with their spoons! We could also maybe look at a riddle contest or even poetry or such if we have enough creative spirits amongst us as well."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I like the spoons, and the riddles, both are excellent. I don't know how well the poetry would go over with this crowd. " Abaddon says with a quick laugh.

"Dancing at the Tavern and feasting at the House? or the other way around? "
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"That sounds good to me. I'm so excited, I think this will be the party I was hoping for last year and never got," she says wistfully...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,