The Elves

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*Daine climbs on a chair to make sure he can be seen over all the tall peoples' heads*

I vote for Far Reach. We stopped being Havenites the night we fled, and won't be again until we return triumphant. I swore to all the people I brought here from the fishing village that I knew this was a safe place to come to. From what I heard, there were clear lines drawn between factions in Haven, and that's what led to Corbyn's betrayal, and now I see signs that it's happening again here. Don't prove me wrong.

My mother always told me about my grandfather's stories. She said his favorite saying was always, "Those who don't fight together, fall alone."

*Crosses his arms and scowles*
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Daine and pipes up*

I agree with Daine. We do this as one unit or all efforts will be in vein. We need to band together as one group both people at the Inn AND people at the keep.

We are all one group not two collectives and we should act like it.

*Looks at Daine again and tries to smile at him*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Silent until now, Esmerelda speaks up.

"There will be no division. We stand as the Town of Far Reach, both in tavern and keep. Through some careful negotiations, we have all united under one front. Those at the keep have decided to pledge their allegiance to me, and we will ALL work together for the better of everyone. We may be bunking in two seperate locations, but we stand together as ONE town united. This is the best possible situation for us all. Ingram and Abbadon have been mroe than helpful in maintaining the keep, which will be our best last line of defense. Darkclaw and Mohdri, I would like the two of you to put together some scouting parties and find some defensible places around the town where we may be able to set up defenses. Abbadon, if perhaps you could work with the other Magi of the town to brainstorm some magical defenses. And we should consult Ingram on engineering possibilities for defenses as well. I know his previous military experience will benefit us all.

"There is a small party that is going to be setting out shortly to search out what happened to some of Haven's former allies. I explicitly trust the people who are going on this mission because I know they will be discreet and not alert the elves that many escaped their trap. I would have those who are remaining behind to work on defenses here and cultivating what allies we can here on the Caldonian border."

She surveys all who are present with a piercing stare. "I know many of us have had our differences of opinions, and I am sure that we will have differences of opinion in the future. We do NOT have to all like each other and be the best of friends. In a realistic world, I know that this is not a possibility. I do, however, expect us to treat each other with respect and keep disagreements to verbal sparring only. If you feel you can absolutely not work within these rules, please let me know. But like Daine said, if we all stand together, there is nothing that we cannot do. divded, however, we will be picked apart by our enemies."

She grabs a goblet off the table and raises it high. "I propose a toast, to the united town of Far Reach!"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan grabs a tray of mugs and pours drinks for anyone who even pretends to be interested. Giving Esmerelda a wink, he lifts his mug.*

"It's not like I need a reason to drink or anything but, I'll raise a glass to that. Here's to Far Reach and the people in it, to the House of Chance and the Tipsy Traveler. May our roofs never fall in and the people underneath them never fall out. Slainte!"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora grabs a glass that is offered and raises her glass to the toast.*

Here is to unity!
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith Takes his mug and not saying a word just lifts it and downs the rest of the ale inside the tankard....

After the toast Serith can be seen gathering some bread and a waterskin and is heading out towards the door
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora notices*

Where are you going? You are not doing what I think you are doing yet again are you?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Pauses at the door

"Wouldnt think of it...."

*winks and goes to step out and turns back

"But thinking has never been a strong suit for me...but no I am only going to do a bit of scouting for some herbs i need"
Serith Darkheart

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at him*

You better promise that is all you are going to do. No going after a certain individual without some backup.

I'm serious on this especially with all that is going on around here.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Laughs heartily

"I am still recovering from the last jaunt we had in the woods...No, this time im sticking close to the shore and just gathering some ingridents for some potions i will be making."

*Nods to Aurora

"and Besides, I dont dare take the joy outta stomping a new hole in Raviels chest from you, all I ask is that I get the chance to singe what remaining humanity he has left from his body."
Serith Darkheart

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She giggles*

I don't think he has any. Remember I've read those journal entries. Just be safe. I mean if you want some company I could go with you.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*shakes his head

"Nah, Ill be fine, I like to take some time to gather my thoughts as well, stay with your tribe and drink, It seems that you are all gathering some good ideas about retaking your lands, and I applaud you at that, but I for one am not one with the even-headed temper that would benefit such discussions."

*turns to all in bar

"But know, if you need me to do any scouting please do ask, I can....at times keep a cool head, and I wouldnt want to do anything to cause you folks trouble"
Serith Darkheart

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Ummm....I'm just helping my friends. Remember I'm sort of from here. Well, I spent the past 10 years of my life here.

*She smiles*

But that's ok. I can totally understand you needing some time to yourself out in the woods to clear your mind.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Well said Esmerelda! I'm glad we've managed to work this out in the best interests of everyone. HUZZAH!" Abaddon says, leaning into his cane, and cupping a drink in the other arm.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid nods, heartened by the show of unity*

"A united town, forged from so many different cultures, will not be easy to maintain. Constant effort and vigilence is required. As social moors conflict, they will need to be addressed on a case by case basis. But so long as you are willing to work at holding this town together, it most certainly can be done."

*He then turns to Modrie*

“Unfortunately, the Elven Prisoners were slain before they were adequately questioned. We have no proof they were from Sil’van’dar, but, to my knowledge, we have no proof they were not. I understand the Elves to have conquered many territories. They don’t just want Haven – they want the world, and are always moving forward in their conquests. In this they are not proceeding slowly, but swiftly and methodically. Thus I feel a high priority ought to be placed upon discovering how they might reach these lands. If that Elven contingent WAS of Sil’van’dar, then their means of travel to Far Reach is all ready secured.”

“Scouts apparently all ready comb the landscape. Based on their findings, we may best determine our next set of actions.”

“I would not be surprised if these Vampires are members of the Red Tear. If not, I see little gain in placing blame for their actions on the Red Tear. Either entity would be attacked on sight by many elements here. Their lists of atrocities are far too long to notice the addition of a few recent events. Perhaps they merely wish to keep their existence secret. I am pleased to hear they have failed. Modrie – would you tell us how you know them to be near?”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.