The Elves

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

The Elves

Post by Darkclaw »

*Some time later Darkclaw is in the Tipsy Travler talking with some patrons and the subject of the elves comes up*

You know, I was thinking about how to take Haven back and hurt the elves at the same time. I know this will take some time, but the foundation to Haven's freedom needs to laid down now. Here is what I see that we need.
1. A way to travel from here to the outskirts of Haven. We would need to find a cave or two and maybe set up some of these gates people have been talking about. Do we have anybody that can create the gates? Maybe when the Gavin tribe travels to Haven, they can scout out some secured locations where gates can be setup.
2. We need to find out who is still alive at Haven and the surrounding area. Maybe the populace can be used to gather information and hide weapons for us. Did any of the village leaders make it Far Reach? We could use there knowledge of the area around Haven and should get their input. If I was them, I would want some payback.
3. We need to scout the area of Haven and see how well the elves have forified the area and see how many troops are stationed there.

Once we gather this information, a plan of attack can be formulated. As this is being done, we can build up our strength here and be ready for the day we counter attack.

*Looking around the table*
So what do you think?
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*After coming back from Scouting for signs of Raviel, Serith can be seen perking up at the mention of Elves

*Listening to the ideas put forth Serith breaks his silence

"If Hu'Tuun Dogs need to be "taken care of" than Im offically signing on to help..."

*Looks confused at the mention of the gates

"I know nothing of these gates, other than I was told that I arrived on the outskirts of your lands because of one of these gates, but do know I know how to gather information and scout out paths of attack"
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

Gabrial is sitting at the end of one of the tables, he seems very focused on a book. Every now and again you can hear him mumble something to himself as he writes in it. At the mention of Gates he perks up an ear and listens to what is being said.

"The Gates you ask? I would love to sit down with a craftsman to see what we can come up with. I myself have put hours upon hours of research and study into them and how they work, but lack the skills to make a sound structure." Gabrial looks around the room "If anyone else here has any type of information we could share with eachother I would be greatly in debt."
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Nods to Gabrial

"As I said, Im not one for the gates, but you and I for scouting seems to work out pretty well, add to that your knowledge of haven, and my hatred for elves, and Darkclaws skills as a warrior and I say we have a good start to a stike force, If we decided to go the hit and fade tactic"
Serith Darkheart

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Listening from the kitchen Aurora pops her head up.*

I'm in. Can't let you three go kicking the tar out of some elves and not volunteer my abilities and skills. *She says this with a mischievous yes serious grin.*

*Looks at Gabriel*

I was serious about that conversation I was trying to have with you earlier. As for a craftsman, I don't know how skilled of one you need but I know Mal is studying to advance her skill. All I do is repair armor and I think you'd need someone who knows a bit more about constructing an item.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"To address some of your points, Darkclaw," Mohdri says, "A way to travel from here to close to Haven has been discussed and is being looked into. There is already a party planning a trip back to Haven to find those allies that may still exist back there. And as for evaluating the strength of the Elves at Haven, believe in the worse case scenario.

As for an attack, I believe that is one of the worst things that anyone can do right now. We are in no way in any position to protect ourselves should the Elves actually see us for the threat we hope we are. If they come now, we're finished. If any attacks are followed back to their source, you have put ALL of the refugees here in danger, not just us.

This is the definition of 'Don't shit where you eat'"
Last edited by Adam on Wed May 14, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Nods to Modrhi

"That is why I plan on burying my shit, well before I have settled down to eat"

"But as I said, I will simply go along with any plans that are had, Im not going to put anyone else in danger, just so my vengance can be sated"
Serith Darkheart

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at Mohdri and nods her head*

He's right. I wasn't hoping you wanted to go on the attack right now. Actually I'm going to be taking off on that scouting mission. I can give you all better information on what we are looking at in terms of forces, potential allies and all when I return.

I'm going to keep my eyes open and report back what I find out as well as provide some defense if the group runs into trouble.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri looks relieved at Serith's and Aurora's words...

"Believe me, the time will come soon to put a stop to the Sylvandari plans. Just not yet."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She smiles at her Uncle.*

I know, we need more information before we can get a good plan in action. Hopefully, this mission will provide some good information.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

By no means do I suggest an attack at this time. That would be very poor stragety. We have much work to do before an attack plan can be made and even longer before the attack happens.

It is good to hear about the research into the gate idea. Does anyone know who all survived the elf attack and made it to Far Reach? How many people do you think can be mustered for a counter attack?

I see this as the time for brian storming, planning, and information gathering.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I believe the best way to face the ancient enemy is slowly. We must first build upon the this area. Thine gates are an important key. They move instantly in the world. Like the wind. If we can gate, we will level the playing field.

Ingram constructed the gate in front of the house of chance from blueprints taken from the elven craftsman. We research a way of making travel to other places now. anyone who wishes to participate and share in this research need only ask."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

If you go to slowly, the elves will win becasue there will nobody left to stop them.

It will be just a matter of time before they storm this place and no matter how much you prepare for them, they will win. They will have resources of Haven to use against us here and the patience to wait us out. They only have to destroy the food sources in this land and jsut watch the people starve to death. Food is hard to come by here and easy to destroy. The land here is rough and baren. It is not meant to grow crops.

I do not suggest a rash attack, but information must be gathered and a plan formed before we run out of time. Time is short, very short. The attack by the elves shows us they know of this place and will be eventualy sending troops here.

Build a tempory defense here to protect the people, but focus on finding a way to strip Haven from the Elves. It will weaken them greatly and give the rest a fighting chance.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I agree with Abaddon and Modhri. While we should be interested in finding how things are back in Haven, we should also be working on the defenses of Far Reach, because in any scenario, the elves will likely be here, sooner or later. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

As for anyone escaping Haven (he looks down)......I figure if they aren't here by now, they either didn't get out, or maybe went somewhere else we don;t know of. As far as I can tell, Kelsey, myself, and the others I led here are the only survivors of the Fishing Village.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Count me in. I for one do not support the efforts of the homeland. They have become that which they always claimed to hate. They are rash and warmongers. I will never follow their beliefs. They know not that which they do now. I am ashamed to be of their blood, and I will help in anyway to use that blood against their tyranny and aggression! We must free Haven. We must reclaim our home.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )