Diplomacy at work.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks over at Esmerelda then Abaddon and then Darkclaw. Trying to think on her feet to come up with something.*

Hey Darkclaw, how about you and I go hunting? I'm sure Uncle would appreciate you and I going out on patrol. If we are lucky, maybe we'll run into someone I actually need to talk to.

*Looks at him and smiles*

Wanna go?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

Sounds good to me. Lets make sure the roads are safe for people.

*Darkcclaw puts on his helmet and grabs his shield and heads out*
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“I can’t say I have ever felt less than welcome at the Keep. Indeed, I have yet to see those within ever turn anyone away. The gate doors are often left open. When closed, there is good reason. I have been present there while the undead attacked, and again when giant spiders bypassed its walls. Indeed, I would recommend the gate remain always secured and accompanied by a tower sentry.”

“Darkclaw, I would hope words alone never caused ally to attack ally. Empty words are as the wind, easily dis-“

*Darkclaw exits, and Dallid returns his focus to those still present.*

“At any rate, good moral is a key component to any society’s success. The House of Chance offers much needed leasure services, and I find it difficult to believe such games are their sole focus. Indeed, those of the Keep have provided critical aid and performed critical tasks over the recent turbulent times. The mere presence of the Keep is a monument to their drive, resolve, and wisdom. They know war is coming, and have been preparing since their arrival at Far Reach.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith has been sitting by quietly just watching the exchange between all of the people in the inn, slowly sipping his cup of berry lemonade

*Finally after a while Serith smirks and follows Dallids statement about the House of Chance

"It seems to me that this Gambling house has taken some peoples apprehensions away from the plight that they have just survived, and the one that seems most certainly imminate."

*Holds up his cup and goes back to listening
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum folds his arms and watches with a slight smirk until Aurora and Darkclaw go to leave then turns back to Dallid*

I never wanted any title or position in this town. I have a king that I serve and truthfully I'm still struggling with whether or not it was a betrayal of that to take a title of my own in another land. I only ever took such because it needed to happen. At the time Roderick was in MY inn speaking about how things would go in Haven. And while Roderick eventually became a very valued ally. At the time I saw him as the man who's kingdom we had just saved and was already making claims on Haven. Too many of us had fought much much too hard to see everything we worked for taken from us. Donovan was missing, you had... completed your cycle... as I think you say, Corbyn was under Rodericks rule, which as it turned out was probably actually a really good thing. The few people that I had seen the potential to lead the Haven were either gone, dead or following Corbyn.

So, I did what I had to. There are atleast a few people now I think could lead the town, so I will leave it up to them as to how the town proceeds from here out. I of course will still give all I can for the continued prosperity and freedom of the people of Haven.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora grabs her shield and sword and follows Darkclaw. On her way out she notices Dallid was talking to him when he walked out the door.*

Sorry about that. Good luck with your discussion everyone. There are cookies on the counter for whomever wants some more.

*She scurries out the door after Darkclaw to go on patrol.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As Darkclaw explains his position to Abbadon about Ingram, Esmerelda goes into the kitchen and returns a few moments later with drinks for everyone. After Darkclaw leaves, she shakes her head.

"I will speak to him. We have enough outside threats against us without the need for all of us to threaten each other. Might I ask you Abbadon, to please ask Ingram the same? We do not need to all like each other here, merely be able to work civilly togther. And unfortunately, civility needs to come from both sides. Ye,s we all know Ingram has many a time admitted that he can be an ass, and I do believe that underneath it he has good intenetions, but goading people is never a good way to go.

"As for the gambling parlor, Dallid is right, it is one way of possibly improving morale. Hopefully those at the House realize that not everyone likes to relieve stress in that manner and are not offended if some do not partake in the activities offered there. I do not think any of us have forgotten what a dire enemy we face in the elves. We do also, however realize that we cannot go charging headfirst against them. If we are to have any hope of sucess, we need to have much planning and strategy behind us. As for leisure, we cannot reamin focused 100% of the time on the fight. Otherwise, we forget exactly what it is we are fighting for that was so precious to us in the first place." As she says the last, she turns to Atrum with a large smile on her face, one the few genuine smiles that anyone has seen from her since the night her brother died.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

"Speaking of Dire enemies, I do believe we have another target on the horizon"

*Serith finishes up his drink and gets up and heads closer to Esmerlda and Abaddon

"I believe that the newcomer Raviel is pretty close to being blasted into oblivion, and I cant really say that that would be a bad thing."

*Starts retelling of the events from the Topic By a Tree
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As Serith recounts his tale, Esmerelda's eyes go wide and she pales a little bit.

"He seems like a monster. Between that and what he said around the fire the other night. I do not think we should let him be around our town."

She turns to Abbadon. "You spoke with him at some length, did you not? What is your opinion of him?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I will ask Ingram. We do not need to fight each other. I do know that Ingram will take threats. Physical ones to him or his very seriously. How can he not? Words are air, but an attack...will be dealt with in an according manner. We seek to help, but must protect ourselves and our charges.

As far as leisure, We feel no ill will to those who do not come. Some prefer to drink in the dark or in the rain.

As for Raviel, I to believe him to be a monster. He has made nothing but threats. Still as you said, words are the wind. He is a Valkyn'vi, and I am oath bound that I can not turn him away unless he has harmed me or mine, which he has not.

I asked Aurora to arrest him and bring him to justice. If he fights, then you will need to do what you must to defend yourselves. If he comes to face his punishment, then he will have proven he deserves that chance. I do not trust him, but I have no choice in this matter. "
\
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Those of us with cooler heads realize that words are air, but there are some who take words as seriously as a drawn blade. I do not expect him not to take threats seriously, but he needs to understand that he should not provoke them either.

"I am glad that we are in agreement about Raviel. One who wants to cause pain to those of our community to study them should not be tolerated. It gladdens me to hear you sent Aurora after him. I would think between her and Darkclaw they should have to problem catching their quarry. Although it worries me what Raviel did to Aurora..."

A concerned frown crosses her face.

"All the more reason for us a get a set of laws into place, and quickly. What sorts of laws did you have in mind?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Indeed. Aurora is a fine hunter, and tracker, I expect she should have no difficulty.

Laws, I'm sure we can expound upon the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

Fines and taxes for minor crimes. imprisonment and labor for greater crimes, and Death, for serious crimes.

I think we can trust Mohdri as matter of course in the course of the enforcement.

Murder: Killing another person with out just cause.
Theft: stealing another person's goods with out cause.
Assault: attacking another person with out just cause.

We also need a list of assumed rights."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Indeed, I think Raviel is currently a non-issue. He seeks to cause trouble with his words, but such words are even less than the wind if he never shows his face. He has visited Winter Haven, as well, in the guise of Crypt. But there, too, was he nothing more than hollow words. Ignore him. Your usual vigilance should be guard enough.”

“For laws, perhaps Modrie’s wisdom will suffice for now. His wisdom, enhanced by the council of the Guard and augmented by interviews with the wrong-doer and those who have been wronged may be all that is required for an infant society such as this.”
Last edited by Dallid on Wed May 14, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Ah, but how do we decide just cause? I want to argue about these kinds of things before they actually pertain to a crime. And what kinds of rights were you thinking of?"

Glancing at the bar, she smiles and tries to bring some levity to the conversation. "I know Korrigan would want everyone to have the right to drink..." she grins mischeviously at those sitting around the table as a ghost of her former impishness makes its way to the surface for a moment.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I agree with Dallid. Just cause would be Modhri deciding. He would have see if there was an extenuating circumstance."

"As for rights.

everyone has the right to live
everyone has the right to question. Indeed after the elf, this is a requirement.
Everyone has the right to seek justice via the lawkeepers.
and so forth."