Advanced skills

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Advanced skills

Post by dier_cire »

lol, just noticed you can deal damage while in negatives with a fist and a hero point via Perservereance. Not really game breaking, due to the healing changes but kinda cool.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

What are you talking about?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I don't think you need the advanced skill if you use a hero point to deal damage. It's the no blocking thing that gets you.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

well, normally you can't run around swinging damage while bleeding to death even with Perserverance. Since in Perserverance it specifically says "skills anyone can do", you could use 'wield fist'.

But that does ask the question if you have Perserverance and you use a hero point, could you call damage with a weapon?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Can't ANYONE swing a sword for 1 damage?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

not if they are in negatives.

this will probably help:
Perseverance - While in negatives, can run, yell, drink potions, and use any “special action available to all character types” that takes less than one minute to perform. These include killing blows and carrying another person. If you have Determination, you can also continue to block incoming damage.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

But isn't that the skill.

"While in negatives..."
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

I guess one need to define "special action." Maybe Wield Fist shouldn't be a special action, just a combat provision.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

no one can swing damage while in negatives. Even with determination. Perservance does not say you can swing damage it's just running around. However, it does say that you may specifically use the skills listed in “special action available to all character types”. This includes 'wield fist' (and the breaking weapon attacks) which is a skill, not an inherit ability that was revoked.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Don't get me wrong, I'm arguing against somthing that would benefit my character. Maybe "Wield Fist" need to be re-catagorized.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I don't have a problem with this. Actually sounds pretty cool to me.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

so you could swing 1 with a hero point in negs with a fist but not a weapon? That actually does sound fine, and heroic. :twisted: *ducks*
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Any one can use a sword to swing for 1 damage. You need a special skill to do damage with a fist (hero points and ALL other skills aside for the moment. I'm talking contunuous, non-boosted damage).

With Perservereance and a hero point, you can do damage with a fist, but not a sword.

It just sounds a little weird to me. But if nobody has any problems with it...
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Just imagine it as the classic, good guy has been shot in the arm, is on his last bit of energy, can't even pick up his weapon, moment. The bad guy moves in and gets cracked in the jaw and goes down.

I'm not usre I care if you call one with a weapon, though it'd have to be added that a weapon may be swung for 0 damage. Then you'd have the ending scene from "The Patriot".
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Advanced rule question.

We need to update the regneration skill in defense so it falls in line with the curent regeneration skills.