Reincarnation

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Reincarnation

Post by Sunny »

Meh... I've tried to stay as FAR from this rules forum as humanly possible... but sadly need a little clairification so that it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass later. (which it still prolly will)

I like the new wording of the spell, but there is a point that makes it kind of ambiuious about location. How near to the site of actual death need one be to cast the spell. I mean, sometimes we don't remember down to the foot. Can the spell be cast within 100 yards of death, half a mile, one mile, ect (game locations, not REAL distance).

Just wanna make sure I have all my ducks in a row ere I cause a fuss in game do to the fact that at the current wording it's kind of left up in the air. Arbitrary always causes problems. ^_^
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It is important to ask a GM.

The location, as far as I am concerned, will be the place that is dramtically significant.

For example, if you died because you were eaten by a dragon in its lair, then the dramatically significant place would be the dragons lair not say outside the lair. It is not important the exaxt place in lair as much as you are inside the lair.

If you die randomly in the woods by a wandering monster then it is dramatically important that you are in the woods outside of town in danger of wandering monster attack. It is not important that you are on the spot where you died.

If you died within the walls of the fort then it is important that the ritual takes place within the walls of the fort. For example, if you died next to the east wall inside the fort then I would make you get raised on the east side within the walls insead of the nearly identical place outside the walls.

If you died within the building then I would want you to be raised within the building instead of the nearly identical place outside the building.

A very good example of this was the florin plot we ran where we HAD to raise him within the walls of the inn. It was dramatically significant. :)

Lastly, it is important that you ask a GM so that you have a full description of the scene. Last thing you need is to start a ritual then to find out you had an enemy lookout watching you the entire time.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

maybe "near (as determined by the overseeing GM)" since this really is a GM controlled spell?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I understand the why, but I think it really really sucks that this got put into place after most of the town died somewhere neary inaccesible.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Though it is little comfort this was talked about and agreed on before the event where everyone died. We did not put it ino effect until the start of the year.

On a good note it gives you motivation to try and take back Haven eventually.
Chris
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

*shrug* It just means that I'll prolly NEVER be able to complete this spell ever again. In the five hours it will take to cast this spell, in a dangerous place, the likelyhood of actually completing it without my circle being interupted is almost nothing. Even with half a dozen fighters. (who are not going to sit around for half a day waiting for a fight to protect my ass)

I understand the reasoning... and I don't even know if I disagree... it just blows, is all.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

so does dying...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

dier_cire wrote:so does dying...
Not that you would know, eh? *wry and slightly bitter grin*
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Blind loyalty has it's advantages, from time to time. :)
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

dier_cire wrote:Blind loyalty has it's advantages, from time to time. :)
Heh... It got me killed. Funny how it all works out in the end, eh?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Yup. I'm sure I'll get mine. *And there will be much rejoicing* :)
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

dier_cire wrote:Yup. I'm sure I'll get mine. *And there will be much rejoicing* :)
*another wry grin* I'm taking the fifth on that one. *wink*
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

But think of the drama and the plot as you did try to get this spell off. It would be EPIC!

Heck if it was dramatically appropriate and you wre casting rites while elves attacked, and you completed the spell, I might be inclined to give the person brought back some extra special power to help turn the tide of battle. You know something cool.
Chris
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Ok now that would be kinda cool...

Not that I want to die or anything....LOL
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

GM_Chris wrote:But think of the drama and the plot as you did try to get this spell off. It would be EPIC!

Heck if it was dramatically appropriate and you wre casting rites while elves attacked, and you completed the spell, I might be inclined to give the person brought back some extra special power to help turn the tide of battle. You know something cool.
Epic. (forgive me if that word makes me a little bitter these days.) I suppose. At the end of the FIVE hours. And YOU might be inclined. That says nothing for any other GM.

Meh... I'm cranky today, so disregard my tone of posting. I just think that now that there are additional location stipulations, the FIVE HOUR casting time is retarded. You can only role play casting for so long before it's simply not fun anymore. I don't see that it adds ANYTHING to the scene or game. Before, when we could be nice and safe, that was one thing. Now... blah. Two would do the same trick, it's A LONG casting time, with battle often, if in a dangerous location, and plenty of time for the NPC's to screw with us, without half the day, or night, going by. We only have so many hours to play, after all.