Some more questions

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Some more questions

Post by Sheogorath »

When playing multiple characters, and you switch out halfway through the event I know you have to pay upkeep for both characters, but who gets that event's levels?
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

You get to choose which character gets the levels.. only one can get them of course, you cannot split the 4 levels between the two or anything.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

only one get's sto apply allegance as well.
Travis Cole
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

Thanks thought it would be something like that but wanted to make sure
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

Can one perform Investigation and Research at the same time if it it not they are not using the research to help the investigation?

Are Valkyn'Vi required to have painted faces, or is it just traditional as says the rulebook and not a requirement?

Thats all.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Ill let someone else feild the 'investigation' question, but Ill take the Valkyn' Vi one..

Yes, you are required to mark your face in some manor as to illustrate yourself as a member of the race. It could be as simple as (and its been done before..) A dark stripe across the eyes [ala, Marilyn Manson], or lines down the eyes [ala Deathblow], or at the creases [ala the Crow].

Some may choose black and white harleyquin, while others may go full color.

Details are negotiable, but some markings need to be evident. If you chose to ignore them, and portray yourself as human, this will eventually result on your 'alteration' to actually being human. (via a GM admonishing)

Hope that helps.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Aren't Valkenvi really pale. An unpainted valkenvi would probably be best illustrated by painting yourself totally white. I'd say probably easier to do the harlequin style. lol
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Yes they are pale, but thats kind of hard to portray or police. For consistancy I would encourage some sort of design, even if it is minimalistic.

Secondly the #1 complaint we've recieved about costuming is 'I want to play a different race, but the make-up makes me break out (or, I am allergic).'

If you need to avoid make-up then I suggest making a few lines on your face with an Eye liner pencil. If you have no problems with the make-up, I suggest going all out.

In any case lack of make-up will result in a transformation to Human.

~the Lunatic fringe~
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

It is my understanding you can can only use investigation or research another idea/item/issue, but not both. It is one or the other. That's how I have been playing it. Can't do both between events.

GM's is the correct?
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I would need confirmation on it, but my take on it is..

You may choose to Research OR Investigation (as Investigation says it requires time, it implies a level of dedication)
Additionally Investigation only applies to the Political arena.

If you chose to use Investigate suplimented by Research you would get a quicker/more productive, result to your Investigate.

Make sense?

option 1) Research [Any]
option 2) Investigate [Political only]
option 3) Investigate (suplimented be Research) [Political only]

~the Lunatic fringe~
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

That's how I see it!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Exactly what Todd Said
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

please add a note in the rule update section.

There is no indication in either skill that they are exclusive. Also, if a craftman sage can research and create a building or something along those lines.
Travis Cole
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

It should NOT go into the rulebook because it is a GM logistics issue not a mechanics issue. It would be GM disretion if your research would occupy enough of your time to exclude being able to investigate and vice versa. It also depends on the time between events, etc. We are fairly lax on the issue because we only do four and a half events a year. You guys may want to be more strict at WH.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Okay. So it's not a hard and fast?

So if you turn in separate research and investigations, it would then be up to the GM staff to decide which ones you had time to do, not that you can't do both necessarily.
Travis Cole