The House of Chance

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The woman speaks. "I saw Ingram offer an apology for the perception of offense you took against him, and you refused to offer the same in kind. I have seen others come to his doorstep for their needs and he has given it without grudge." She stands and faces him. "You take offense from his brutal honestly and then condemn him for choosing more diplomatic words."

Her smile deepens and her eyes dance. "A fair...man...such as yourself would have no problem of course, discussing your own faults, since it seems you are so keen on them." She spreads her fingers.

"You claim to seek answers but hear only what you choose to."

"You say you swore an oath not to do violence to Ingram or his people, and yet come and make violence with your words and play the gadfly."

"You are a deceiver who admits to spreading lies on matters you know nothing about, unless of course you are in league with those who would seek to harm those in the settlement."

"Your very presence is a danger to those around you, and yet you choose to remain and threaten their lives, the ultimate in arrogance."

Her eyes have a distant hue, color high in her cheeks and there is a line of sweat on her brow. "Those who seek wrongdoing first in others, often have the hardest time seeing it in themselves."

She takes a step towards him, meeting his eyes. "You are not the only one who can smell evil, Darkclaw. Something is very wrong here, indeed. Go back to your shadows and your lies, monster. Leave the good people of Far Reach in peace."
Arjan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Arjan »

The new Valkin'Vi stops on his trek to the door and listens to the outburst coming from the female. Intruiged by this new development, he takes a seatclose enough to hear what is going on but far enough away not to intrude, much.
Jonny Tremaine,
Master smith of little renown

Pity those that choose not REDEMPTION,
For their deaths shall not be swift.
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*Darkclaw burst out laughing at the womans words and once he calms down alittle he turns to her*

Words are just that my dear, words. It is the people who do the viloence. If my words cause you to do violence, than maybe they have some truth to them. I really don't care what you think of me. Just know this, I will not do vilonece to the people of this land unless they do viloence unto me first.

A monster you say I am. Each to there own opinion. Your words don't hurt, but amuse me. It's been some time I had such a good laugh. It's some time since some called me evil and a monster.

*Darkclaw turns to Ingrham and in a serious voice*

I wish you the best to you Ingrham and to those who follow you. I hope you find peace and prosperity. I hope what you find what you are looking for in life and that you live a long, productive, and happy life.

Time will tell what will happen.

*Darkclaw turns and walks out of the House of Chance muttering under his breath monster, evil, and laughing..*
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*As he is walking out Darkclaw bumps into Aurora. It is unknown how long she has been standing there, but if people saw her before she arrived she was all smiles, per usual and now well there is a frown upon her face as she looks at all assembled.*

*To Darkclaw*

So, if you don't mind me asking, Mr. Darkclaw sir, what are you doing here and why? I heard part of the conversation when I got here, but not all, but from the look upon a few people's faces *She sighs* it wasn't good.

*Looks at Abaddon, Ingram, and the woman*

I wasn't here for all of it but whatever he stated is his opinion and not Esmerelda's, my Uncle Mohdri's, or mine or probably a lot of people down at the Inn. I know all I want is for all of us to work together. There are enough things going on around here and we all need each other both now and whenver it is well all take back Haven and all.

*She looks at Darkclaw waiting to see what he has to say, but it's really obvoius she is saddened by what she overheard.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"If the words of single, ignorant people were to convince us not to work together, we'd never get anything I suspect. No, time will show that we are here for the town. We will continue to offer support and asistance when we can.

People like Your Uncle Modhri, and Lady Esmerelda make this town easier to work with. They are swayed by the rumors of others. Ingram did what he did to save as many people as he could. Who was it that delvered food upon the hungry? Ingram. Who roofed the homeless? Ingram. Who is teaching the orphans to craft? Ingram.

We are town. We are far Reach. It is time to stop thiking in terms of Them and US." Abaddon says with a sad frown.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at Abaddon*

That's how I feel, that we all are one group and will be there for each other.

*She looks back at Darkclaw*

Why would you say anything about NOT trusting some of these people simple because they choose to stay at the House of Chance? Have you taken the time to get to know any of them like Daine, or Miss Kelsey, or how about even any memeber of the Tribe? I'm telling you my time here has been well spent and discovered I can relate to a lot of people here. I'd even go as far as to call them friends. Heck, I would like to think in some cases the people I've really gotten to know...trust actually for them to have my back as I do theirs *Her gaze meets his directly* As you know I do yours and have already proven that.

Finn, Daine, Mr. Abaddon....seriously Mr. Darkclaw take the time to get to know people and you will see that seriously we all have the same ideas in mind.

I dunno, maybe it's because of what I am that I try to keep in mind to get to know the who of people, you know who they are as individuals instead of the what they are be they mage, witch-hunter, scout, blade master, whatever.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid enters through the open gate, hearing accusing words as he approaches.

“We will achieve very little if we are unwilling to extend a measure of trust to one another. I trust Ingram to do what he can to help Far Reach. I trust Dark Claw to do the same. True, both have said harmful things from time to time, but I have witnessed only positive and productive actions from each. Dark Claw has heard that Ingram has performed bad actions in the past. I have heard the same about Dark Claw. Keep such references in mind, but hold greater import on what you experience of these persons, yourself. People are always learning, always changing, always growing. The past is done and gone.”

“True, trust is difficult in the aftermath of the Night of the Burning Skull – especially for those who survived it. And yet Haven survivors DO trust Ingram. Haven survivors DO trust Dark Claw. Why should not we?”

“There is all ready much too much distrust amongst the residents of Far Reach. Let us seek to correct that – starting with ourselves.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

I'll do what I do best, I protect the people and kill the enimes of Far Reach. I will keep my opinons to myself.

May we all survive and live to be old and wrinkled
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora's eyes narrow at Darkclaw's words*

And I d...oh nevermind.

*Turns to the others and tries to not allow things to bother her anymore.*

Are Finn and the others back yet? Just thought I would check cause I sure could use not only a sparing session but a lesson.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum follows closely behind Dallid*
Welly well, seems tensions are high, as usual.

*looks at Ingram*
You tend to have that effect don't you Olan. I wonder if it's the dark part or the elf part.

I didn't come to mince words, People will believe what they will whether it's truth or the farthest thing from it seems to matter very little.

I really just came to talk to the Ga'Vin, are they around?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora attempts to smile a Atrum*

I came here to look for them as well Mr. Atrum. I know Finn went to Winter Haven cause I saw him like right before he left for one quick review of a few things.

I think they said something about being back in a few days, which was why I came here in the first place for it's been a few days.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

The woman watches Darkclaw step away, her eyebrows remaining fixed in dark, angry arches.

To Darkclaw: "I do not ask you to keep your opinions to yourself. I ask for you to learn what it means to listen. I ask you to learn to control the bitterness in your heart, even as I learn to control the anger in mine. I feel he has shown much good faith in the face of such malice levied towards him."

"If he had given the people here nothing, Darkclaw, and kept to himself, as I surely might have, would you still make accusations that he 'smacks of Corbyn Junior' as you so succinctly phrase it?"

"It was easy for this Corbyn to offer friendship, considering that none offered him opposition. For Ingram to do so now, considering the accusations levied against him..."

"As long as you choose to walk your path, I cannot trust you. But nor will I persecute you, unless you act on it or spread your disease to others. That too was a failing of those from Haven. They were willing to accept Corbyn's poison as long as it was for their benefit. I hope it will not be seen too late here."

She turns from him.

"I cannot speak for him and what he has done. I'm afraid I cannot say I know him nearly as well as some of you claim to. I can only judge him based on the past few moons."

"Has he come and told you to fend for yourselves? Has he given you aid and material, but only at the price that you admit you were wrong?"

"You have come to Far Reach with wounded hearts. Now is the time to heal. If actions cannot speak for themselves, we are lost here."

She turns to Abaddon and appears to quietly offer an apology for her outburst in front of the elder one before returning to her seat.
"Old habits die hard."

As her features calm and she hears the guests speak of the Ga'Vin, she nods. "I too have not heard word of them for many days. I would say I am worried as I am more than passing fond of them, but they are Ga'Vin, and I think would be offended."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora listens to the woman. He young eyes just watching and listening. She looks at the woman and smiles*

I'm sure you are right and they are fine, but yeah I would hate it if something bad happened to them.

*Turns to Atrum*

Are you about ready to take off then on that adventure provided we can find Finn and Peace then for I'm itching to get away for a bit.

*Turns back to the woman and extends her hand to shake it.*

We haven't met...I'm Aurora, Aurora Darksbane.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark steps in with a smile on his face, he looks around and it turns into a slight frown. "A what the hell, the few to survive can do nothing but bitch, seroiusly people work together, its not a hard concept to grasp.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smiles*

Umm...Mr. Ark sir, am I correct? It's good to see you again.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman