The House of Chance

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

The House of Chance

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon walks outside the keep and unrolls a new flag. "House of Chance." Can be seen embroidered on it cleanly. There was a logo of dragons playing cards.

The flag billows gently inthe wind.

A small wooden sign posts the rules.

3 dragon ante, good odds. player bets guaranteed by the house. Good wine selection. Inquire within.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon watched the few people in town float in and out of the keeps doors. Inside the keep there are a few tables, bottles of wine and decks of cards.

Behind a glass countertop sits pilld of Chits, tiny beads that represent the fundamental basics. Behind the counter was a thick black door.

The smell of cards and and the flowery bouquet of wine make the place feel more inviting, more laid back.
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

Raviel slips through the door. "What is this room for"?
Sigh, I supose I will have to kill you too.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"This room is where people come to tempt their fate. Destiny lives here. We offer them a chance to improve their lot, or worsen it , as destiny commands. We have card games, dice games and the Wheel." Abaddon says point to the heavy cast roulette wheel.

"The House of Chance backs the bets so people can bet with confidence."
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

'I have no expierience in such areas, but this wheel seems interesting, what does it do?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"This wheel spins. A ball is placed on the track. There are numbers and colors along the outside. People bet where they think the ball will land. It is a very exciting game. We have wine and food as well. "

"SO why don't you tell me of yourself."
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

He looks at the wheel. "Black, myself, if i just start to talk I will....pain you as i did the others, what are your intrists in me?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I do not pain easily. I seek to build a new clan of Valkyn'vi. I have sworn the Pct of Seven oaths. I want you to concider joining me. The Valkyn'vi are few. The elves are many. The gates are the key to Mistriallia. It is our time now."
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

"I need not concider, i will join, you seem wethered in knowledge, i like that, although if i ask questions you must undesrstand i have done a great deal, and have forgot some. In all my expeiriments and years i have seen no other that resemble us, do you know others?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I know a great deal many. The Valkyn'vi are spread to the wind, and I feel that the time is coming where they will gather together again. As far as knowledge, there few things more important that it. Many here suffer from the knowledge of betrayal. One turned against them that they held high. So it may be difficult to get them to trust outsiders. The owner of this Keep, Ingram is one who escaped that. Our goal now is to protect this place for the furture."
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

"I fear my presence will not be welcome, For i do not hide my love of pain or that i have killed many, I have come here to observe and gain knoledge on...normal life, it has proven interesting thus far."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon smiles and pulls down his cloak. Close inspection reveals that his painted face is infact a mask. The only skin visible, is pale white from his nose to his jaw. He sets the cloak down on the bar.

"Allies before enemies. As long as you do no harm to these people I suspect they will accept you, even if begrudgingly. As far as the Enyorith'an'irri, the clan of the evening star, I welcome all of the lost. Each of us must walk our own path in the darkness. I welcome you. Others will in time."
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

Raviel lowers his cowl..a liitle, showing his white face with black designs. "I will try not to kill anyone if thats what you mean, but i will not go out of my way to spare them and there....feelings. He looks at the mask. "Not a bad idea"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Harm to the enemy is expected. But harm to the town is just not acceptable. as for sparing their feelings, that is not necessary. Ingram would agree with you on that concept. He is the human who build this keep. This fortress for us to defend."
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

Raviel taps his "fingers" on the table. "Fine, i hope you know i have never lived by rules my entire life, although if i find myself unwelcome i will, as you say, scatter myself to the wind, and this other you speak of is he Valkyn'vi?"