The Tipsy Traveler Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"In that case, lets find out if Mohdri is willing. He lead most of the Havenites here, the people here trust him. I think there could be no better choice. "
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I don't really care who enforces the laws, as long as thay are just. I made a promise to the people I brought here that I would keep them safe, wherever we ended up, and I mean to keep it.

So anyway, who's Mohdri? I don't think I have ever heard of him. '
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smiles*

Mohdri is my Uncle. He's a scout and he is a fair individual. He went to Haven to attempt to help them out, but unfortunately he didn't arrive in time to become a major thorn in that Corbyn characters side. He brought the survivors here to the outskirts of Caldeonia so they could regroup and start fresh.

*She looks at Esmerelda*

Esmerelda could tell you what she thinks of him since she has spent some time with him as well during their journey here.

He's somewhere around here if you want to meet him and all. All I can tell you is that my grandmother and King Galen trusts him and in his day he was looked up to a great deal by a lot of people be they peasants, adventurers, or nobility.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*to Abaddon* "It would be my honor also and thy words are a comfort. Many thanks, kin-brother." *all is said with a solemnity some might find comical in one so young*

*as the conversation continues into the realm of authority and mention of Galen, there is a nervous glance around as though expecting him to suddenly appear and then an attempt to bury the pale face in another full tankard of ale*
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**Watches the conversations with a dead serious look on his face, and raises an eyebrow curiously at Eilonwy's reaction to the mention of King Galen and then walks back over to the bar.**
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*After a long night of round after round Sethreal finally stands up and steadys himself after a near fall.*

"See you in the morning barkeep." he says in a casual tone, as he makes his way out into the night he nods to the few he knows in farewell.
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

*Stepping quietly, though not entirely subtly, into the Tavern, a man in his 40's removes his cloak revealing the black kilt of the Gendarmen. The style has been seen among the men at the Gate of Caldonia proper*

"If you dont mind my interuption maybe I could answer some of the questions youve posed?
*looking sideways at Eilonwy* "afterwards if I may have a word with you cousin?"
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

*Looking around the room at the other patrons he speaks up*

"Im sorry, I was outside and overheard someone asking of 'names' and of 'laws'. I should tell you that I am Inarian Hay, Captain of the Gendarmen of Caldonia. *pointing beyond the Gated wall and up the mountainside* That is Caldonia. As youve heard it is looked over by Galen Campbell. *pointing down at the floor* Out here your town was built around an old Outpost of ours named 'Fireach Haen', most travelers called it 'Far Reach'. Since the King has authorized you to be here, though you are technically 'at our boarders' not 'within them', I suppose you may call it what you like."

"Thats the where of it. Now the rules of it. Caldonias laws are many and varied. I could not possibly explain them with in the time I have here. Most are based on traditions. Traditions they often share with the Dwarves. If you have dealt properly with the Dwarves, you should not have trouble dealing with the Caldonians."

"For those of you with limitted dealings with Dwarves.. *looks at Abaddon* I suggest you do less 'bell ringing' lest you wish them to reclaim their propery."

"Lastly my father asked me to deliver one last suggestion. It is not a 'law' persay, though if I were you I would be inclined to heed it as such.."

*slowly, clearly, but with no hostility*
"Do Not Shit Where You Sleep"

*looking around the room, then eyes falling on Eilonwy*
" I shall let you get back to your revelry. Cousin? If I may have that word?"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

"Fira....ferer......Far Reach, huh? I kinda like it." (he nods to himself and resumes eating)
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks over at Eilonwy*

Umm... miss Eilonwy I'd go if I were you. Inarian look pretty serious and well ....I'd go.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*a deep breath, another long draining of the tankard and then to Hay* "Aye, cousin..."

*the youth stands, nodding in thanks to the barkeep and walks over to Inarian, no sign of the multiple drinks effecting the movements*
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

*wordlessly Inarian steps twords the door retreiving his cloak. He holds the door for Eilonwy and gives the other patrons a nod before exiting.*
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"Did I hear you say your name was 'Hay?'"

Leaning against the outside wall, Mohdri begins to trail behind Inarian and Eilonwy as the exit the inn.

"You wouldn't by any chance happen to be related my old and dear friend Silas Hay now would you?"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Smiling as the newcomer finishes his speech, and even lets a bit of a laugh out at his last bit of advice

Raising his mug he nods to the Captain, and smiles

"Sounds like damn fine advice."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora hops out of her seat when she sees the figure asking about Sylas Hay. As she is leaving people can faintly hear Aurora talking.*

Uncle that is Inarian Hay, Sylas's son and Captain of Guard. I served under him until recently for my training with them had completed and ran its course.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman