The outskirts of Caledonia

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark looks around before him and decides to continue with his venture. "Im looking for a ship, two actually, and to anyone willing to help me find them, well lets just say I only need one. I belive some know thier previos owners, captains Gin and Robin Steel, I wish to recover them."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri turns to Korrigan, flexing razor-like claws on the tip of his fingers,

"Sorry I care, sorry I said anything, next time..... I won't."
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**smiles sadly as Esmerelda scolds the group when she has finished, he starts to applaud.**
"You see? Strength through unity. Bind yourselves together. Atrum, Ingram I beg you. Put aside your differences, or put down your arms and await your elven consequence. We can bring out every member of our community, one by one to tell each of you the same thing. We believe in you, and we will follow you to the feet of the fire king himself if you ask us to. Don't destroy us like this. I've... We've sacrificed too damn much."
**sighs**
"I respect you both as much as any man can respect another, but as I said before, if your petty squabbles starts a conflict in this town, I will finish it."
**pulls his dagger & hilt out of his belt and rips some cloth off of his robe and begins to splint his broken leg.**
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Upon hearing Mohdri's voice, Aurora quickly dispatches a snowball she had rolled up at one of the children. She smiles at Esmerelda and mentions that she'll be right back. That look of warrior steel comes back into her gaze as she moves back towards where the discussion is still going on, keeping an eye on the exchange now between Mohdri and Korrigan.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark decides the best thing to do now is watch, so he leans against a tree and does just that.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan turns his eyes to Mohdri, his expression neutral.*

"Don't be sorry you care, and don't be sorry you said anything. You had an opinion and you made it known, that's your right. I did the exact same thing, and if you think us disagreeing is worth me cutting your fuzzy head off, you're welcome to flex those claws again and I'll oblige you right quick - but I'd rather not make friends into enemies here - not without good reason."

"The difference between you and me and these others is that they're already enemies. Atrum, Ingram, Ren, Abaddon - they'd all cut each other to ribbons out in the field, but they're all positioning themselves and trying to look like the good guy for this shit-hole town they already wrecked. The more I see the mewling of these weakings, the more I think this whole cesspoll had less to do with Corbyn and more to do with Haven."

*Points at Esmerelda, Aurora, and the children.*

"The kids get it, the women get it, I don't see why some of you can't. If you begin with shit, all you will build is shit. Cleanse yourselves - with words if you can, or otherwise with steel - but one way or another grow the hell up!"

*Turns to Mohdri and loosens his sword in its scabbard with one hand while extending the other.*

"So what's it gonna be, Mohdri? Looks like you and me are gonna start this one way or the other. You want to take my hand, or the buisness end of my sword?"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

"Killing me, if you could, would make you into an enemy of most here. Me killing you, if I could, would not ingratiate with those same people. I would still appretiate you leaving well enough alone and out of matters that you do not know of, or leaving, which at this point would be fine with me."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Esmeralda is right. I have forgotten that I am here in the service of another. I serve Galen. My personal issues with Ren should have no bearing here.

Korrigan at what point did I say anything about non-violence. We have stood on the line of battle. Using violence as a last resort, and no violence at all, are very different things. I do as my oaths command.

But still you have a point. It is time to leave Haven behind. Should anyone need me, I will be in the keep. It is nearly finished and the children need somewhere to go."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark walked near the keep, It was built strong and of sound construction. Ark talked in a low slightly astonished voice."All this effort and generocity for the survivors, maybe we still have friends". Ark sprung into his youthfull action and chased the masked one he'd seen in the cave."Hey, wait a minute!"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon stops and turns, his black and white hair tumbling in the wind.

"Yes?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan shakes his head, clearly disgusted.*

"Let me see if I've got this straight, Mohdri over here is basically telling me "No, I'm not willing to take your hand in friendship, I'd rather pretend like there's some big hidden issue here and imply that you're not welcome to comment on it, even if you're right and the issue is as simple as stupid hatred. Here's one for you, I'd appreciate you not enabling these crybabies and letting them wreck another community with their crap."

"Meanwhile, Abaddon accuses me of making things too simple and issuing challenges that can't be met. I say you're making things too complex! Shadowy, self-important bullshit masking the fact that you all hate each other. It's as simple as that."

"Oh, and as for challenges, I'll back up any challenge, any time, any where. If I don't like you, you'll know it, if I hate you I'll have the balls to say so and if I wan't to kill you, at least I'll have the honor to do it in the open. How many of you are going to sleep comfortably tonight, knowing there are enemies in your midst, enemies who clearly like working in the dark?"

"Clearly, I mistook this community for a bunch of people trying to survive and maybe, just maybe, retake their home someday. You all certainly have everything in order and don't need any help from strong men with sharp swords willing to fight by your side. I can't wait to be in your shoes, with everything figured out and so many friends I don't need any more... 'buncha assholes."

*Korrigan walks off a few paces, then stops.*

"You know, after all this, I'm in the mood to associate with some more mature individuals..."

*Korrigan runs his eyes over all assembled, then slowly crouches to the ground. Smiling broadly, he makes a snowball and gently lobs it at one of the children. Whistling happily, he joins the game.*
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

**shakes his head**
"It's all happening again."
**He winces with pain as he ties the last piece of cloth of his makeshift splint. Standing, he pauses to watch Korrigan and the others throwing snowballs.**
"Don't you understand they're the ones who will suffer if we don't settle this?"
**Turns to Atrum and Ingram**
"What will happen to them if we fail again? You can see that can't you? Put aside your egos, your titles, your asperations, and lead us, unite us. If you don't, we will die gloriously, and we'll leave behind these little ones to suffer in our stead."
**Puts his hand out, palm up.**
"Both of you, join hands with me, show the people that Haven is more than a place over run with elves. Show them Haven is an ideal. One that is worth more than our own ambitions and differences. Take my hand and let us build something better. Please."
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Korrigan and finally stops holding her tongue*

You're no different then the others you just insulted. The gentlemen over there *points to Atrum and the others* have a disagreement and instead of advising them to take it to a place not out in the open, you provoke further and then you insult a man who brought you to this land for safety.

If it hadn't been for Esmerelda's quick thinking, the children assembled here would be frightened more then they already are.

*Looks at Atrum and the others*

I don't know what happened back in your home Sirs, but whatever happened please resolve this angst among you. Talk, yell at each other in the tent, and get it out of your system where you won't attract an audience. Your people are looking for your guidance and leadership. They want to feel safe and know that you have their well-being at heart.

*Turns towards Esmerelda and playfully fires a snowball at her feet*

I'm sorry Esmerelda, I now really have to get going. The way things are looking I'll be needing all the instructions I can get. If you need anything, an extra set of hands, all you need to do is ask. I'll be back later to get to know each other more.

*Looks at Atrum and the others*

I look forward to getting to know you and talking with you all. If you would like to blow off steam I think I could arrange a sparring session or something so you can hit something but not cause any fatal injuries to your allies. What you are feeling now, take it out on whatever nasty force opts to follow you here or this Corbyn fellow if you can track him down.

*Looks at Mohdri*

Uncle, I will talk to you later. You know how those instructors get you've had me work if I'm late and I'm not looking forward to dealing with an awfully cranky dwarf or Caldeonian. Luckily, I headed over to start meeting people well before my lesson is to start.

*Looks at Ren*

Sir, do you require any assistance getting anywhere?
Last edited by Aurora on Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark looks at Abaddon."Am I under the correct assumption you work for the one that made this keep?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon stops and looks at the young man for a moment.

"No. I do not work for Ingram. He is my friend. We worked together long ago, and I have come to help him with his gates. I do not call many friend, and I am honored to do so for him. Why? Are you looking for work?"