List of Suggested Rule Changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

People get hit frequently while in negatives by NPCs because more damage matters in the current system. In reality, most of the time, once someone looks dead, the attacker would not continue to wail on the guy/gal; they would just move onto the next. This proposal would seemingly support that tactic and so you would see the extra damage after dropping less often.

That said, I would be more scared running across an animal in this system who sees you not as enemy to kill but to slap around, play with, and eat!

If we are going one chip per minute, why cap it? Eventually it caps itself. I know that means someone could potentially be lying around for 14 minutes before they know they are dead, hoping with every ounce of their body that they do not get hit with a stray packet so they can have the chance of drawing 14 white chips from a super healer bag, but so what?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Mike Mikes sense and it is easier to remmember I think. :)

Only other thing to look at is ofcourse the resurection process or as I would say "take two"

not saying it would have to change, but with a fundamental change like this all aspects of healing would need lookeed at.

Hmmm
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I'm just worried about any monster designed to take on a warrior killing people. Before this was only negatives, now, it'd be death with only a few extra hits as the person falls. Or a monster that can throw booms charging a 15 is possibly a killing blow to someone. Again, I'm not sure how I feel on that.

If every npc only swings 1, monsters never do much of anything to an organized group of warriors. Monsters swinging 2 are nasty for non-combatants but the saving grace is they can be healed, warriors just need to try harder. Anything past this point is a purely warrior combat, and if a non-com gets here, they die very easy under this system (3 extra hits isn't hard). If it's just numbers, they are in negatives, just a bit deeper.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

It makes people think about combat and fear it. It also gets people retreating from combat BEFORE they fall to avoid going beyond -9 with a stray hit
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

:shock: Immediate death? no 15 seconds for the healer to get to you, no nothing, get hit once past -10 and you're need to be rezzed dead?
I don't have too much of a problem with it but it changes the game drastically, makes it really really easy to kill someone. I'd have been dead atleast 10 times by now. But then again I'm a rogue than stands on the frontlines if need be. Or in other words a freakin idiot! :D
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I think the 15 seconds skill still works fine. You would just be back at the point you were at, either some number up to -9 or some time thereafter.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Actually, it makes the 15 second skill more interesting because the healer would have a choice whether or not to start healing right away after rezzing or let the person continue the countdown a bit more while he tries and rez someone else.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Thinking on it, this change will make everyone not a warrior or a good OOG fighter not want to enter into combat at all. One 33 boom and 1 sword swing is all it will take to perma dead just about anyone in the game except for a warrior in heavy.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Or someone with resist magic and/or a shield. :wink:
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

This will make prolong life extremely valuable.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

well a couple thoughts because I like the idea so much the more I hink on it.

1) we could make neg 15 the cutoff instead of 10

2) we could remove the 30 boom and make it 20 boom instead. This would make the men at arms with a special shield actually viable (a problem I have currently) and make the elf empath enough to counter that coutner which is nice.

for the 20 count change I would suggest less than 1 minute count time or a 1 minute and run or a 30 second and cannot run or something like that.

Just a couple thoughts.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

30 boom is fine. Man at arms is viable as it protects against 17s 18s and 20s.

Changing the -10 to -15 is ok except in this system anyone can heal -14 then which kinda bothers me.

What's this 20 count change? Did I miss something?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The 20 count thing had to do with empath.

You need to free your mind from the number. Why would healing from neg 15 be so bad or so different than neg 10?

I do nto see the issue. I suspect you are putting a damage number to "state of the body"??
Chris
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

I like the proposed system. And if you're someone who combat is not high on the list of fun things about LARP (like me) I don't think the new system will change if people want to go into combat. I'll still go on plots without a weapon. It'll make everyone else work all the harder to protect the squishies. LOL And I think it's easier to remember, personally.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

lol and that's why I'll never forget when percy and esmerelda had to fight something and percy turned to you and said "You're on! Kill the brute"