on the road to the mining village

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane

Post by Guest »

*Korrigan smiles at Atrum's mention of his master.*

"Oh, he found a different land than he suspected, all right. I don't think he suspected this one to be crawling with elves, at least not by the number of men he brought with him. When I found the town I went back to report in and he'd already met up with an elven detachment."

*Korrigan nods to the sack lying in the ditch.*

"What's left of my former employer is in the bag over there. After I found them I was ready to be on my way out of here when I remembered something. I swore an oath to let death be no bar to my loyalty, and I realized I had no idea if he meant his death or mine. I couldn't bear the thought of being an oathbreaker, and since he last ordered me to introduce him to the leader of this land, I figured the best thing would be to see it though."

*Korrigan points at Atrum, then at the bag, then back at Atrum again.*

"Atrum, dead guy. Dead guy, Atrum."

*Korrigan makes a show of dusting off his hands.*

"And now I'm done with that. I'll go tend to the villagers and see if I can help... um..."

*Points at Esmerelda*

"...help whatshername over there find this Em kid. Happy planning!"

*Korrigan's voice is friendly, and Atrum can clearly decipher his "Happy planning! quip as meaning "Have fun dealing with a King's ration of crap, you poor bastard."*
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Apparently, I can't log in on the first try. Hmmm....

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan smiles at Atrum's mention of his master.*

"Oh, he found a different land than he suspected, all right. I don't think he suspected this one to be crawling with elves, at least not by the number of men he brought with him. When I found the town I went back to report in and he'd already met up with an elven detachment."

*Korrigan nods to the sack lying in the ditch.*

"What's left of my former employer is in the bag over there. After I found them I was ready to be on my way out of here when I remembered something. I swore an oath to let death be no bar to my loyalty, and I realized I had no idea if he meant his death or mine. I couldn't bear the thought of being an oathbreaker, and since he last ordered me to introduce him to the leader of this land, I figured the best thing would be to see it though."

*Korrigan points at Atrum, then at the bag, then back at Atrum again.*

"Atrum, dead guy. Dead guy, Atrum."

*Korrigan makes a show of dusting off his hands.*

"And now I'm done with that. I'll go tend to the villagers and see if I can help... um..."

*Points at Esmerelda*

"...help whatshername over there find this Em kid. Happy planning!"

*Korrigan's voice is friendly, and Atrum can clearly decipher his "Happy planning! quip as meaning "Have fun dealing with a King's ration of crap, you poor bastard."*
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert's face does not change as he hears the news.

Atrum, please follow me and lets discuss these things and starts heading off toward the tent.

As he turns he walks he begins barking orders to the men around him to get the people ready to go.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To Teela, Eilonwy, and Gol*
Help with getting everyone ready to move as you can.

*To Gabrial making sure his back is to Korrigan*
Stay close to Esmerelda
*raises an eyebrow*

*Nods for Mohdri to follow and heads off after Robert*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri follows, and all can see that after Robert's comments, whatever Mohdri had to say was said (or at least in the process of being said)...
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Gol joins Esmerelda on the search for Em. As they wander through the village, it becomes increasingly clear that no one had seen Em since the fires began. After searching the entire village, everone is convinced that she is no longer there.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

Gabrial gives a silent nod to Atrum and follows Esmerelda in her hunt for Em. After they get done searching the entire village Gabrial turns to Gol and Esmerelda. "I think I may have an idea where we can start. Lets go and see if Orien has awakened. I am worried about her, and she may know where Em had been before the fires." With that said Gabrial begins walking to the building that he had laid Orien to rest in.
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As their search of the village yeilds no results, Esmerelda looks even more devastated than when the rag tag group arrived. She seems to sink into a haze of despair, but stirs at Gabrial's words. "Orien's hurt? How terrible!" And without even realizing it, she begins crying again. Blindly she follows Gabrial to the building.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The young seer nods at Atrum's directive, moving off to use soothing words and gentle hands to coax the survivors into mobilizing. Any and all techniques learned from limited training as a knight and diplomat are utilized.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

As they walk through the town Gabrial tries to comfort Esmerelda the best he can. He will take her hand in his and speak softly to her. "I know times are hard right now, but try not to let it crush you. Your brother would not want that. All though he may not be here in person, he is here all the time." Gabrial pokes his chest where his heart is. "He will forever be with us, as will all the other who fell as well. Let not there memories be a burden upon us, but strength to help us stand and fight." Gabrial gives Esmereldas' hand a squeeze.

As they come to the building Gabrial turns to his company and asks, "Please wait here a moment. I will be right back." Gabrial enters the building and kneels down by Oriens side, whispering to her.
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...