on the road to the mining village

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

As Gabrial stares at the guard waiting for an answer he swears he hears a voice, a voice that he wasn't sure if he would ever hear again. "Atrum?!" Was it really him? Was he really here? "Atrum!" Gabrial rushes over in his direction. "By the stars it is you." Gabrial gets lost in the moment and wraps his arms around Atrum, giving him hug. After a short embrace he pulls himself back and looks for the others that he hopes are there with him. "Is this all? Is this all that made it? Please tell me more made it." Gabrial looks at Atrum with fear in his heart, and answers his own question. "No....no....there are others, there has to be. We will talk on that later." Gabrial seems to get a determination in his voice. "As for now we need to get everyone out of here and fast. Who knows when the Elves may come looking for the survivors. I have asked Laggy to gather any provisions that he can find. Orien has been seeing to the hurt and burned, but she has drained herself in the process and is now sleeping in building over there." Gabrial points over yonder to one of the very few buildings still standing. "I was just about to look for Robert to help me get everyone gathered and ready to move. Have you seen him yet?"
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

While the men search for Robert, Esmerelda begins a search of her own. She assists the children of the town, helping where she can.

"Where's Em? Has anyone seen her?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To Mohdri*
Head of the village gaurd at the least, enigma as of late
*Gives him a nod and tries to convey "the rest will have to wait, but he can be trusted".

I should have considered something like that would happen. How many dead and wou...

*Turns as he hears Gabrials voice and embraces him back*
I saw you lying on the ground bleeding just before Seth and I leapt the wall, that scene just keeps playing over and over in my head and each time I think of something new I could have done differently. No, this is not everyone, but it is close to it. There are a few more on the road already, and atleast one that got away, she's much farther away than she should be though. Her wyrd is faint but it's still there. *unconsciously puts his hand to his chest*

No I haven't seen Robert yet, but that is the next step, find him and begin to get everyone ready to move.

*Looking back and forth between Gabriel and the townsmember*
Do you know how many casualties?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*A figure carrying a hooded lamp steps into view about twenty yards ahead of the party gathered on the road. He is wearing dark colored armor and carrying a sword.*

"Hail the road," he says in a rasping voice just loud enough to be heard.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

For the first time since entering the village you take in the scene before. People move here and there with a distant gaze as if they were one of the undead. You can hear babies crying and woman wailing as smoke still wisps in from the smoldering buildings. The clouds veil the sky as if it were an army holding back the sun. You can hear the rumblings of thunder in the distance, and you know that soon the rain will come.

All around you is gloom, but not all is despair.

As you look up the road where the villager pointed you see coming through the crowd a man who’s cloths have been almost torn from his body. You can see a large gash on his arm that has not stopped bleeding. His face is dark with the smudge of silt and his hair wild. He walks with authority. He gaunt such you would think the situation has not affected him except for his eyes which show you the soul of a man who is deeply compassionate for his people.
He looks toward Atrum and gives a stern nod as he approaches:

“Foul deed were wrought this day”

Robert has entered the scene
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum notices the newcomer and looks him over closely (spot looking for res tears, hidden ears, make up or prostethics of any kind).

Well met

*Then turns to speak to Robert as he arrives.*

Yes indeed, very foul deeds. Corbyn and some of his supporters have betrayed us all to the elves. Although I imagine the elves just offered his best chance to do so, it was apparently inevitable that he Ka, Maximus, Don Mayo and Kidwynn would do so.

But those things can be discussed at a later date, we are falling back out of this area, for now. I won't order you or any of the people here to go as well, but it's either that or live under the thumb of the elves. I will leave that choice to each person. But if we can fall back and regroup as a whole I think we stand a much better chance of taking our homes back.

*Turns to Gabriel*
You said you spoke with Laggy, do any of his people survive and do you know what his plans are? And has anyone seen or heard anything of any of our other allies?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

Gabrial looks about the area for any new faces that he might have missed. "I have not seen any other allies yet. All I know of for sure are myself, Orien, Laggy, and Robert." Gabrial then focuses his attention to the hill where he first saw Laggy. "As for Laggy and his men, I do not know. Last I saw him he was sitting over there (Gabrial points in the direction). Looking quite grim." Gabrial then turns back to Atrum. "Things went worse here then we can imagine Atrum. I'm sure it was a planned attack. This was going to happen no matter what. I feel as if we need to check everyone out to make sure no one else is under any kind of influence by who ever did this."
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Atrum's spot check reveals no hidden ears or make up. The man appears to be human, though his features are clearly foreign. There is a roll tied to his back and a bloody sack slung over the shoulder opposite his sword arm.*

"Well met, all of you," the man says as he slowly approaches the group. "I'm looking for one of four men, Atrum Draconus, Donovan Thynedar, Corbyn Gravesbane or Robert of Haven. I've heard enough to know that I'll not be finding the Corbyn fellow, may his heart rot and his ass blister, but do any of you know where I can find the others?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Robert looks at Korrigan: "I am Robert, and this here is Atrum, who are you?"

Robert does not wait for a response from Korrigan before turning back and addressing Atrum.

"It is good that you sent us, or surely all here would have perrished. I had some of our forces guarding the mine entrance which we thought turned out beneficial when a small troop of Dark Elf assassins attempted to sneak pass through our position. We routed them and thought ourselves clever, but there was something much darker afoot for it was then the villagers all went mad. They set the town on fire and began to kill each other. We made our way into the fray. Surely something good was on our side for we were able to calm down many without resulting to the blade. As you can see though our work may have come too late for there is much destruction and we cannot stay here.
The war is lost? What is this of betrayal and where is Donovan?
Atrum, these people cannot stay here. There is rain and worse on the way and many here do not know the ways of war. Please let us go to a tent we have setup and discuss these things"
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them

Post by Guest »

*Korrigan nods when Robert introduces himself and Atrum.*

"I am Korrigan Drochlann and..."

*Korrigan's voice trails off as Robert turns away and begins speaking with Atrum. Quickly supressing a flash of irritation, Korrigan relaxes and patiently waits for Robert to finish.*

"As I was saying, I am Korrigan Drochlann and I'm here because some fool thought I'd be a good herald. My matter is small and can wait until you're all done scraping up what remains of your town."

*Korrigan tosses the sack he was carrying into a nearby ditch and looks at Atrum.*

"While you're talking, I may as well make myself useful. You were highest on my "important" list, so you're in charge. You want me hunting elves, guarding villagers, or covering your backside?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Let's try this again, shall we? Mods, delete ^, will ya?

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan nods when Robert introduces himself and Atrum.*

"I am Korrigan Drochlann and..."

*Korrigan's voice trails off as Robert turns away and begins speaking with Atrum. Quickly supressing a flash of irritation, Korrigan relaxes and patiently waits for Robert to finish.*

"As I was saying, I am Korrigan Drochlann and I'm here because some fool thought I'd be a good herald. My matter is small and can wait until you're all done scraping up what remains of your town."

*Korrigan tosses the sack he was carrying into a nearby ditch and looks at Atrum.*

"While you're talking, I may as well make myself useful. You were highest on my "important" list, so you're in charge. You want me hunting elves, guarding villagers, or covering your backside?"
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Upon seeing the surrounding devastation, an expression of shock quickly shifts to the cold rage again. It subsides somewhat as Gabrial emerges and speaks of other survivors, and there is further relief as Robert approaches. The seer then attempts to help those nearby in anyway possible while listening to the conversation at hand.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum frowns in Korrigan's direction*
Herald huh, well your master will find a very different land than I think he suspected. I'm sorry but there are things i must attend to, help with the villagers as best you can for now would be most appreciated.

*turns back to Robert*
The last I saw of Donovan was through the legs of Ka and Maximus just as Setheral and I scrambled over the keep wall. Corbyn rained down devastating attacks that seemed to crush his armor and the bone beneath with ease. I can only assume that he is either with Illyene or a fine dust of rock by now. Apparently more people got out that I originally expected when Seth and I left, thanks to Gol.

The war is NOT lost, atleast not as far as I am concerned, we have taken a severe loss in the initial battle, but I am not yet ready to just give over our home to them. We will need to fall back and regroup, but I refuse to give up and claim this war lost. I can only hole your conviction is as much, the people will need you Robert, more than they may need me or any of the adventurers. You are one of them, I am not even form these lands, and that definitely affects some of what is thought of me. I do have a plan to fall back to for now, *looks over to Mohdri* but I would rather discus any plans in private for obvious reasons.

OH btw, has anyone happened to see Robin or the captain of the gaurd?

*Atrum looks around until he finds Esmerelda in the throng of people and goes back to listening*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Adam »

Mohdri gives a quick knowing nod back to Atrum, and looks around waiting for a reply to Atrum's question, but seems as if he has somthing to say as well...
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As her search proves fruitless, it becomes more frantic. As none of the villagers can supply the whereabouts of Em, Esmerelda's voice begins to raise.

"Em? Are you here? EM?!"

She begins to go from child to child, searching for the familiar face.

"I'm such a bad guardian" she mutters. "I sent you here to be safe!"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"