OUT OF CONTROL

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

OUT OF CONTROL

Post by cole45 »

Okay, this pains me to have to write.

Normally most people are good with their cigarette butts. The Camp is actually no smoking and they break this rule for us. all they ask is you pick up your butt or throw it into the woods.

That being said, if the camp finds a single butt smoking suspended for everyone forever.

This time there was a horrible mess of butts and water bottles at PC camp. seven to eight of the PCs stayed to clean up the butts.

NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH THAT.

Next event smoking is on probation. Smoking will ONLY BE ALLOWED in the designated zone at NPC CAMP, and IN YOUR CARS.

If anyone is caught smoking out side that zone, they will be asked to leave.

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR CIGARETTES.

I want everyone to understand, many smokers worked hard to keep this ability. (Like the guy that palmed a butt as the girl scouts walked by.) DON'T WRECK IT FOR THEM.
Travis Cole
Dia Kuni
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dia Kuni »

Being one of those 8 people who stayed behind to clean up...YEAH, IT WAS HELLA GROSS!!

Cigarette butts squashed into the mud with bugs crawling all over them and all kinds of germs from the like...we had to pick those nasty things up with our bare fingers and get rid of them before the ranger got there! I won't even mention the animal poop that was all over the ground with the empty Powerade/Gatorade/Water bottles rolling about in the dirt and filth. NOT COOL!

Kristen and I even made an announcement to those leaving, saying you needed to clean your messes up, because we aren't your mothers, but apparently, those of you who left your garbage behind anyway didn't give a care that others would have to pay the price for your total disregard for the camp and the privileges given. Now we all will be punished for it.

I don't know what it was about this event, but NOTHING, NOWHERE gives you the right to just throw your garbage about and leave it to litter a beautiful place like Camp Shawadasee, especially when we should feel privileged to have such a place to LARP at. What's worse is you forced your friends to clean up after you. That really saddens me. And it's not just the cigarette butts or the empty bottles, either! Dave and I discovered the Tavern's fire still burning at 5am this morning!! I had to put it out using my own drinking water, because its not like we have a hose or a bucket for which to tote water to it.

It was made clear that if you start a fire, you are to manage it and keep watch over it...it's the #1 rule of camping, people...DON'T LEAVE FIRES UNATTENDED! I hate to sound like a mom and say stuff like "the place could have burned down", but honestly, fires catch too easily (and considering the garbage that was left lying about there, I can guarantee that it wouldn't have taken much).

I, and many others who had to clean up, support this probation period. We smokers DID worked hard to have and KEEP that privilege, and I'm sure no one wants to see it taken away. Come on, we need to be thankful that we have such a beautiful camp, and keep it beautiful. Pick up your trash, butts, don't leave fires unattended, and put things back where they belong at the end of weekend. We can do it!
Keep the Balance. Be the Voice for the Dead. Whenever a spirit cries out in anguish, be there to right the wrong, so that they may rest in peace.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Smokers that leave such messes are the same ones that flick ashes and butts out a car window, in spite of having a car equipped with an ash tray; flick the butts in the parking lot before entering a store, in spite of walking right by the garbage cans with the ash tray in the top; or ...and this one is the best; actualy using the cars ash tray only to dump it on the ground in a parking lot because their lazy ass doesnt feel like using a trash can.

Little else says F.U., the world is my personal trash can quite like that inconsiderate and selfish behavior.

I applaud the smokers that cleaned for the others that didnt.

Personally, since smoking cigerettes is such an anachronistic habit and detracts from the immersion; Id like to see it limited to the area arond monster camp or the porta potties (since there are trash cans RIGHT THERE tthat can be used for butts)
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Dia Kuni
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dia Kuni »

It's not just an issue of cigarette butts though. In general, it's the outright disregard for the privileges we have been given and work so hard to keep. In regard to smoking, however, I'm sure that everyone would feel comfortable with (extinguished) butts being thrown in the trash...honestly though, throwing them anywhere but where the Girl Scouts (and angry mothers) can find them is better than nothing. Even just throwing them into the woods where they can naturally decompose out of sight from passers-by would be wonderful! Anything would be better than just leaving them lying about the way they were, really. I don't have a problem with smoking in-game, just the litter out-of-game.
Keep the Balance. Be the Voice for the Dead. Whenever a spirit cries out in anguish, be there to right the wrong, so that they may rest in peace.
Durgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Durgan »

(Like the guy that palmed a butt as the girl scouts walked by.)
Ok, I know perfectly well what you're talking about 'cause I was right there, but that just sounds wrong! :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I give a big thumbs up to whoever left a trash bag in my cabin, because I didn't have one.
Last edited by Durgan on Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

In all seriousness though, this does piss me off, I burnt my leg this weekend putting my butt in my pocket before it was fully out. I feel really sad that someone else wasn't even trying
And I have to admit, I think I left 3 bottles at the inn. I honestly forgot them. I'm sorry to whoever had to pick them up because of my forgetfulness :( it was the lipton with citrus 1.5 litres whoever it is, I owe you a cookie.
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"