As Corbyn talks to the non distict man

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

As Corbyn talks to the non distict man

Post by GM_Chris »

....as Corbyn is talking to the non distinct man I thought I would further describe what you all see.

It is a pleasant night considering the heat of the day. A wind blows here and there jangling the tones of a wind chime hung outside the inn. A couple old farmers sit in chairs taking in the smells as they each smoke a pipe and reminiscing of times gone by.

You can see other farmers, tools in hand, as they move toward the village to rest for the night. You even think you can hear the sounds of music coming from the village. You can barely contain a smile as you think of the music and the quiet. Today is a truly good day, and it is right to enjoy It, even knowing that soon the Elves will come.

The smell of food is intoxicating and draws you into the inn. You see Corbyn speaking to an ordinary, maybe even strangely over ordinary man, but there are other people here at the inn and other folks make their way in as the sky grows dark.

A halforc and a human girl, a group of peasants, a minstral who beginns to sing a happy tune, 2 men who carry large axe's and look stern. An interesting crowd you think, and yet it is still early.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

::Ren stomps in scowling, his broken bowstring dragging behind him. He walks up to the minstril and snarls::
"Harper, I'm far too annoyed for that play something dark and I'll buy you a drink"
"I think you underestimate the sneakiness"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks over at Ren*

Problems?

*Reaches into her travel bag and produces a bottle of rum with a grin and hands it to him.*

Might this help? If not, I might just have to see if Sen has a few ingredients in the kitchen and I might just have to make...nevermind. Conversation for when we both have had a bit more ta drink.

*Kidwynn goes back to paying attention to Corbyn and the man, but is approachable for conversation.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

::Takes the bottle and rips the cork out with his teeth all the while still scowling at the minstrel:: Nothing hurt but my bowstring and my pride, I shoulda listened to ya about that barmaid in the villiage, she did have a husband, ::shudders:: and a big one at that
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn laughs*

I told ya it was a bad idea from the start, but ya were entranced by the battering of eyelashes *Kidwynn takes off her hat and immitaes the girl ta Ren jokingly*. I've seen her twist a few people before which is why she didn't exactly look at me quite nicely when I was tryin' ta warn ya.

*She looks at him*

Other then that, you alright? I'm sure we can get the string repaired as well as smooth things over a bit.

Now if you don't bloody well cheer up you are goin' ta force me ta ask Sen if he wouldn't mind me borrowin' tha kitchen. I once crafted non-weapon or armor things quite well and I'm sure he'd love the opportunity ta get me ta do it again.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Voralen steps from the Preceptors office heading to the kitchen for some stew as he takes in the surroundings.

Seeing Ren stomping and hearing what he said, Voralen Approaches

"I thought you learned your lesson the last time you messed with another mans woman in Eldestra, Lightfoot?"

*Laughing as he claps Ren on the shoulder

"I guess old habits do indeed die hard."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn smiles at Voralen*

Rum?

Well that is if we can pry it away from Ren.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Laughs at Kidwynn

"No thanks, last time I tried some of your Rum, it nearly did what the giant could not do....knock me flat on my back"

*Voralen smiles as he excuses himself to go about his duties
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*She laughs and before Voralen leaves*

Well, if Ren here doesn't end up cheering up and I end up producing a certain finely crafted tastey item, shall I bring you one?
RenLightfoot
Town Member
Town Member

Post by RenLightfoot »

Hey! that time in Eldesta doesn't count, I knew she was married, but she batted her, um,.. ::takes a big swig:: so what's going on with everyone else?
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn grins watching the evasive tactic used*

Well, you Ren are sittin' here drinkin' with me. Corbyn is having a chat currently.

Maybe if you gentlemen are nice I might go and whip up somethin' ta eat for I do actually have quite decent bakin' skills as Sen could tell ya. That might make his day, but as you know bein' a pirate and all somethin' would have ta be in it for me.

*she grins and taks a swig of rum*
Last edited by Kidwynn on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The minstral looks startled at first, but quickly a grin stratches across his face.

"I believe I have such a tune."

and with that he pauses, and you would have sworn the world itself paused in that moment, before the minstrals hand strumed the loot.

Do you know this tune? It sounds familiar, yet you are sure you have never heard it before. It is slow, but with a slight swagger to it. He plays in silence before he begins to sing. Slow and long he hums with a rythmic pace, and then:

Her beauty is fair, red golden hair,
And lips that whisper, "Kiss me."
But turn away now, for the maiden
so fair will rip your heart, will she.

He continues playing the lute with a smile on his face. Woman and war is there really a difference? Now I will take that drink.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Walking in to the inn with a heavy bundle in her hands the lady spots Kidwynn. Then comes over to where she is at. I think that one of these will fit you. The bundle that she is caring are dress of all colors in fabrics of silk to cotton and velvet. I am not sure what you are wanting but we have a lot of work before us and who know you may enjoy yourself.

Good Minstrel will you play something that will soothe a soul and heart that hurt so. This is said with sadness in the ladies eyes. As quickly as it was there the look is gone. Turns back to Kidwynn I would like to keep you away from black and dark colors. If you would do this later then just let me know. Rosamund looks over to Ren one day you will have to show me what you look like with out that make-up on your face. I think you may be hansom but I can not tell. What are you going to where to the ball, this question is directed to Ren?

Rosamund node in respects as Voralen walks away.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at the Lady and then to Ren and all those in the room and attempts to do her best not to blush. She looks at Ren indicating a help me and in a way hoping he is finding the whole thing funny to get him in a better mood. She looks around again hoping Gabriel doesn't see this.*

But I like dark colors. I mean ya never know if anythin' is goin' ta attack during the thing and if I need ta go out there it will cover up if I get injured and all...ummm.....I'm not exactly the type of person anythin' lightly colored would suit. I've already gotten a good drinkin' buddy to hold my swords for me so that I don't appear that out of place and probably my shield too. I mean that's progress enough for one social gatherin', savvy?

*Looks at the bottle of rum and motions to Ren to have him pass it to her wondering now if he is going to make her suffer for a bit for picking on him about the woman they were discussing.*

Perhaps we should do this later Lady. I mean I do appreciate it luv but there are a lot of people and well... image...can't appear all tough and all when you are puttin' somethin' pink against me.

Umm...no on the pink. I plan on talkin' to the alchemist who turned my hair this color and return ta bein' the lady pirate of the red hair. Wouldn't the two colors clash a bit? I mean it's not like I need ta hide from anythin' anymore.

*Looks at the Lady*

What is wrong with an archer with a little bit of flair? It's like tryin' ta take the pirate out of me, it isn't goin' ta happen.

Is there anythin' else you'd like ta do Lady. Umm...perhaps drink with us again?
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

The lady looks at the rum…..I will sit with you all and talk and maybe drink later. But for now what do you think those two are talking about.

And I would not put you in pink….I was thinking a red or something more like. I don’t want to change you from a pirate the good sprit knows you save our lives to much for that.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)