June Event Feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

June Event Feedback

Post by Torakhan »

It was hot and muggy... those aren't things we can really do much about, so I'm not gonna gripe about that. ;)

The Dining Hall was a life saver, I think. Without it, I don't think we could have survived the weekend. My many thanks to the Ranger as well as anyone who managed to get us that building.

I left early on Saturday, so I can't really comment on how the plots and stories went. Somehow the GMs found the only way to get Quen out of the Inn (Even when everyone else abandoned the building, Quen stayed behind and I was honestly expecting he'd be killed off, but I also expected everyone to return within an hour or two... so I'm kinda glad the latter happened first).

Over all, removing illness and weather, I was enjoying myself. I hope others were too.

Thank you GM's, NPCs and others. Welcome, newbs, and those who've been away for a while. See you all next event!

And I hope folks liked the sign for The Drunken Cow... Give me some feedback over in the General Discussion area "Our Cow's Drunker than Your Cow". Positive or Negative!
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Even with my late entry I had a blast this event. Not knowing whether or not I was going to be able to attend made seeing people all that much more enjoyable. Also, having four pages of plotlines to sort through within an hour of coming in-game was truly a Haven homecoming.

I really enjoyed our information pow-wow early on. Just putting the information that Atrum, Corbyn, Allen, Shea, McKenzie, Ingram, Jasmine, Dante, and The Gargoyle had together made several things crystal clear. The Hermit/Horus plot was a no-brainer as soon as the NPC playing the non-empathic empath (sorry brother, I don't know your name) talked to me for two seconds. We need to keep doing that sort of communicating!

Also, Haven had quite a few firsts this event:

-Haven justice was visited on Em's Father. (No, Mike, you're not getting away this time. :P)

-Haven took it's finger off of the "Defense" button for a second and realized that there was an "Offense" option. (I'm a pirate. I'm singing. I'm a pirate. I'm breaking into a fort. I'm a pirate. I'm frakking dead.")

-Haven had someone listen when we cried "Look, just let us do X and all the badness will stop! ("Oh, so you just need the dog? Why didn't you say so?")

I had a lot of fun roleplaying with Eilonwy, Aric, and Esmerelda outside the fort, and I'm sorry Donovan scared Dia on the road back to the Inn. (FH Rule #84- When running to catch up to a man walking alone on a dark road past NPC camp, it's best to expect an agressive welcome.)

The next event should be a great deal of fun, and I can't wait to see you all again.

-Taki
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I can sum this up pretty quickly. I had an absolute blast!!!!!!

I don't even know where to begin.

Let's see...Vince the scene between you and I on Friday evening when I first got into game was amazing. Wow!

I loved the pirates. I had fun seeing just how much I could actually talk in circles and either get to the point of something or really not saying much at all. NPCs you all were fantastic and I absolutely enjoyed my run in with the Capt'n finally. Yay!

Friday night was just amazing.

Saturday..

The fun continued. I scouted it was fun. I was happily just doing stuff in exchange for food, shelter, cloth...ah it was awsome. Also a few role playing stuff at the Inn was fantastic.

No one can control the weather and I felt bad for my few hrs of being absent when I took that little nap, but arrived just in time to play with some portal folks.

More pirate action. What was funny there was when I said flat out I was going to go to parlez and slipped away...

Sunday....Erik and Joe you guys cracked me up and all that we did organizing stuff was fun.

I just had an amazing time.

It was fun going "old school Kidwynn" on folks oh and JJ it was soooo much fun really fighting with you again.

Seriously can't wait for the next event.

Julie
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Overall I had quite a fun time, It really sucked for me having to leave Saturday afternoon to go to work, but it was enjoyable coming back to Donovan saying, "Voralen good to see you...now get ready to go fight pirates"

The biggest problem I had wasnt anything anyone really had any control over but our lack of people....namely BIG named people who were not there, that was abit of a shock this event. But overall i think we made some big strides to overcome that.

Once again cannot wait till next event!
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Great time

Post by cole45 »

I had a great time playing. I enjoyed playing something different. The Gargoyle had a very different outlook on the whole thing. I just wish I hadn't been so tired on saturday night.

LOVED RPing with Orien. SHe help the new character to start to understand his environment. And she rezzed him, we like that. But the feeling of light and hope helped fight off the constant hunger.

I also enjoyed rping with Rosamond. Talking to someone you want to eat, but have been tpld you can't very amusing.

anyway, fun!
Travis Cole
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I had a ton of fun this event, I know I usually say that but literally I don't think I ever had 10 consecutive minutes where I wasn't doing something and still some things got left undone because I simply ran out of time.

Personally I missed the characters that weren't there IG because some of them were people that Atrum can count on to get things done, even though some of you may not realize it. But I also thought it gave the high # of noobs to FH and the new characters for older players(loved Spikes costume btw) a chance to really step out there and be a big part of the solution to some of the plots. So kind of a trade-off.

I had some really really great RP moments this weekend with various people and I only wish I would have had more time to spend with more people in town but like I said above, there just wasn't enough time to do everything.

It was good to have some positive mechanical effect for helping NPC people out besides a new trade route. I'd really like to see more of that and maybe it's been going on and I just haven't seen it yet.

The pirates were just the first of the "I'm done dealing with this crap time to end it" I assure you there will be more. :wink:

We definitely need an information coalescer and I can't think of anyone better for the job than the general. :twisted: Yes, you may begin hating me now Taki.

Just once ONCE I'd like to have something be the absolute right thing to do with no negative side affects and no lingering possibility of it coming back to haunt us.

Overall Ithink it was a great event both with plot stuff and PC interaction stuff, atleast for me.

As a vanity aside, having 10 or so NPCs chanting your name does make you feel like a pimp mack daddy! :P
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

As always, you folks out did yourselves! Despite the hot and sticky weather, it was a wonderful event on all fronts, and again the role playing that I saw and experienced was setting an even higher bar than before. Everyone should be congratulated on that. There was a lot less out of character time, fewer moments where people broke scenes, and all around everyone was awesome!

Some special items of note:

Travis, you’re a peach! *giggle* Loved, absolutely LOVED role playing w/ Spike! It was cool because we didn’t know you were a PC, and so it made our reactions, I think, a lot more honest. Hurray for new friends!

Tim- That scene by the pond was amazing! You really pulled at my heart strings, and made me have to really look at how I feel, and how I see the world and other characters. You always amaze me, and I can’t wait to see where things go from here, as that totally made my Friday night!

Danny- What can I say? I love you, sweetie! I can’t even imagine what would have happened to me if not for you, babe! Gabriel has changed Orien on so many levels; I can’t even begin to thank you. I really think that she’s come into her own, and it’s in large part thanks to you. *hug* I can’t wait to see where things go from here!

Ange- As always, role playing with you has no equal. I had so much fun! You always push the role playing bar even higher, and those moments where we just sit and talk in character are always some of my favorites. Thanks!

Adam- You as Jamus… *hug* That whole plot has made the last two events for me. It’s such a moral dilemma, and I love that for this character. Thanks!

All the new folks- had a wonderful time seeing some new faces. You add some awesome new dynamics, and bring your personal plot development and character interaction with you. I love that. I hope we see you all again next time!

Of Plot Notes:

- It was kind of odd… because it seemed that we had long periods of down time where we just sat and chilled, and had some amazing role playing scenes, and then everything would hit us all at once and it would be insane. I don’t know if it was just me, but the pacing was unusual this event for me.

- Atrum and Sethreal are SCARY when they’re angry!!! *runs and hides* *grin*

- One of these days, I’m gonna get someone to agree that the answer to everything is NOT always to kill it on sight. *laugh*

- Em’s dad… *shudders* God was that stuff role playing intensive… I loved it. Now, let’s just hope the bastard STAYS dead!

- Damn those of you who know Orien’s weakness… “We need you Orien… please help us…” *dies* It’s not fair to manipulate the naive, but heroes bless you for the fun role playing that will ensue! *giggle*

All in all, it was another fantastic event. For myself, and especially as this character, I really felt that we had to make some tough choices that define our morality and where we really stand. The right answer is not always they easy or expedient one, and it even harder when you end up locking horns with your friends. It was the little things, to torture or not to torture, that IS the question, that defined each event, and that made the role playing and character development awesome this event. I love the fact that it’s not always about saving the world, but about saving our souls from becoming something we hate. It’s easy to lose yourself a little at a time.

Thanks a million to the GM staff. You guys are always so flexible and really let us do some amazing stuff in the name of role playing. You work so hard, and yes, we DO notice. *hug* Love you all!!!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Just wanted to jump in and thank everyone for a great time and to comment on two things that were posted. First, Temple, saving the dog was the absolute right thing to do and it will have no negative side effects and no lingering possibility of it coming back to haunt you. There, we did it. Now we can go back to being us :wink:

Second, Christen, the pacing was a little weird to me as well, and it had to do with, of all things, the vast number of NPCs that we had. Don't get me wrong, I am SO GLAD that we had as many as we did and I appreciate each end every last one of you and would welcome all of you back with open arms. But when you're used to running the game with 5 and suddenly you have 15, well, it took me a while to figure out how to use everyone. I promise that won't happen again.

Overall, I had a great time and I'm glad others did as well, and I hope to hear from the rest of you in the coming days.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Good to know, I was waiting for the day when another extra-planar peoples or their overlord declared war on Haven for stealing their sacred dog. :lol:
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

*Runs over and puts hands over your mouth* SHHHHHhh!!! Don't give them any ideas!!!! :wink:
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

I didn’t have a very good time, but that certainly had nothing to do with the NPCs. They were fantastic and awesome as usual.

Awesome-riffic.

The weather was the worst part. Extra costuming is a must. I’d feel sick and exhausted until I got out of my thoroughly soaked cloths and into something dry, and then I’d suddenly feel in perfect condition. Must get/bring more costuming so I can be sure to be in fresh, dry clothes at the start of each day and after game-break.

Then I was set on guard duty and forgotten both Saturday and Saturday night. Though it was funny Saturday night when both pirates and Havenites came up and said it was okay to release the pirate prisoner. Slisk refused to let her go, saying only Atrum had that authority. The Havenites were afraid this would start a fight, but the pirates just raised their mugs to the prisoner, said ‘sucks to be you!’, and left.

As a silver lining, though, being idle most of the time in that heat and humidity may have kept me out of the hospital.

But that which I was able to get involved in was a lot of fun. I especially liked the Earth-plane trial. The roller-coaster ride of a no-win situation – wondering ‘how are we going to get out of THIS one’ – is always a hoot.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

That was a great event. Very intense and it has been a long time since I stayed up so late both nights. It was scary being outnumbered by NPCs and having so many new folks but it worked out great! I wanted to give kudos to all the new players for really jumping in and going to work instead of standing by and waiting to be included. Definitely several very intense RP moments for me with many folks in town, and thanks to all for staying so much in character. Can't wait till next time!
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Havenites on a Plane!

Post by Torakhan »

Slisk wrote:I especially liked the Earth-plane trial. The roller-coaster ride of a no-win situation – wondering ‘how are we going to get out of THIS one’ – is always a hoot.
I was kinda hoping they'd gack the whole lot of us, save for one poor soul... to let those damned Havenites know the punishment for their incompetence and transgressions. *Grumbles playfully at a certian GM who chose Quen to be taken to the plane.*

Sorry if I ruined the suspense of figuring out where we were on the Elemental Plane... as soon as he described the earth and fire I figured it was a no-brainer. Too bad only two of us (IC) knew anything about what was going on. *L* And the two of us who did know probably had the least to do with what happened that day. *snickers* Oh, well.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I didn't forget you, it took all that time to finish that plot. I apologize though Doug, I should have come back and slit her throat and asked you to come to the second half of the pirate plot with us. Slisk always seems to get gaurd duty, maybe because he is so good at it. Atrum won't ask him to do it again if at all possible.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

The Bad: hot, humid, ticks, pathetic excuse for a body with a - Con

The Good:
enemies (Em's dad was a villainous mindleeching murderer... but fun to chat with. Do not try at home. May cause internal bleeding)
drama (the earth-elemental trial; very difficult situation, great RPing from NPC's and comrades; how mindnumbingly altruistic is my character? It gets worse...)
comedy (pirates, peasant mobs, wolfcubs, Treeman)
direness (a girl waiting to be burned alive, a locked room filling with harmful mist, rabid animals out of nowhere, peasant mobs, the loss of Woden...)

Loved the trippy visions, Jamus' dilemma, "bad" but fun timing of things, deep conversations, getting to know people and being told IG I'm too young to know what a ball-gag is for. All around, the Beastie is purring after this event. 8)
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell