In From the Mists...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Walking up to the little girl Lady Rosumund raps her in a blanket. Glaring daggers at Amagus the lady says to him “Your tong is cold Amagus! But what I want to know is your hart colder, or is it you just don’t know how to feel at all?”

Turning her back to Amagus the lady sits on the ground with the little child. Talking in a soft voice the Lady says “I don’t have a brother but I promise I will do what it takes to help you get back your brother! It seems you love your brother why don’t you tell me about him?’’
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Sarah takes comfort in the blanket and looks up at Amagus as she halts her crying. She looks around the room at al the faces she has met and smiles weakly. "Then what do we do now?" she asks.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

*Talana hugs Sarah and kisses her on top of the head as she returns with the tart.*

"First, you will eat this... and then you will go to bed" *she says commandingly* "In the morning, you will awake again and we will have several questions for you that you will need to concentrate on so that we can get as much information as possible to help you find your brother. However, starting tonight is useless as you are all worked up and it's very, very late - few of us are useful at all at this time of night. Trust me, Sarah, these few hours to calm all of us and get some rest will be more valuable than running around frantically trying to resolve this. And finally, I'll need to do a bit of research about Vaunepashauk and the gate before any of us can go anywhere..."

*Talana waits for Sarah to eat the tart and if there are no other interruptions or protestations, puts Sarah to sleep in her own bed, then heads back down to the gate for the evening.*
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Shortly after Talana starts to talk to the little girl, Lady Roosamund says her good night to everyone and waits for Talana to put Sarah to bed. I would speck with you, if you have a minute. Would you like me to walk with you to the gate, I maybe able to help?
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana smiles and nods to Rosamund as she steps down the stairs quietly and makes her way to the door.*

"Yes, of course, my Lady. I would be happy to speak with you and shall keep you safe along the way. Ready?"

*If no one else stops her, Talana exits the Inn with Rosamund.*
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Farak Approaches Talana before she leaves,

"Talana, do you wish protection at the gate or shall I stay and watch over the young one?"
Last edited by WayneO42 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

See someone in front of her she has never met before the Lady Rosamund looks curiously at Farak’an’Gal. Bending at the waist the Lady looks to this new comer and in a present voice says “Good day to you my lord. I am Rosamund Royhel, first born of Markus Royhel second prince of J’Veya.” Coming to up from the bow The Lady extends one hand and waits for the new comer to introduce himself.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana pauses at the doorway and looks back to Farak a little surprised for some reason, then nods to Farak to affirm that staying with Sarah is probably the best idea.*

"If you do not mind, Good Sir, I would be in favour of you staying here to look after the girl. I will check in occasionally throughout the night and you can be sure to find me near the gate, should you need me. Thank you kindly, Farak..."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

Farak turns to address Lady Rosamund but does not take her hand.

"M'Lady," Farak Bows very Slightly "I am Farak'an'Gal, Son of Gal'an'Teir, Defender of Carthen, and friend to Haven."
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Not feeling slighted, the lady bends once more at the waist in to a deep curtsy. Smiling Rosamund says “You must forgive me, I need not stand on formality with introductions and I do. It comes from a life time of training.” Pulling her hand back “I forget that we are in darker times than once.” Looking as if she was thinking of someone the smile went from her face. “Good day to you my lord Defender of Carthen. It is good to know that you are here and are friend.” Rosamund falls in to a deep curtsy once again, and follows Talama out of doors.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

As the night passes and the young girl sleeps soundly in the first warm bed she has known since leaving her home Farak stands guard downstairs and all is well. As the first rays of light peek over the horizon the small girl awakes and stretches yawning. She pulls back the blankets and wanders down the steps of the inn looking around still a bit grogy and feeling the inexplicable loneliness before knowing if anyone else is awake. She walked toward the kitchen to see if Sen had any water to splash in her face and to get the gross morning breath out of her mouth. Today would be a big day.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana can be found in the actual kitchen portion of the Inn, washing some dishes and occasionally pausing to look out the window, deep in thought. As Sarah enters the kitchen area, Talana looks back to her and smiles.*

"Good morning, Sarah, how did you sleep? Well, I hope?"

*Once Sarah responds, Talana pauses to dry her hands on her apron, then reaches forward to point to Sarah's hand.*

"Sarah, may I see your ring, please?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Sarah blinks at Talana and looks at the ruby and gold ring on her hand quizically. "Um, I dunno. Uncle Ferry said I should keep it, and that it was important."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana nods and smiles reassuringly to Sarah.*

"Yes, I can tell that it is important... and it may be important to getting you back to your brother, to Winter Haven, or to somewhere else. Please allow me to take a look at it and do a bit of research with it, so that we might be able to unlock its help?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Sarah pulls the ring off and hands it to Talana.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage