Late One Night.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*Onyx approaches and looks at the faces of the people assembled and then to Sethreal and speaks in a somber voice*

Super secret snacky time?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*A smile appears as Onyx speaks....*

"Yes, it is time."

*Sethreal then hands Onyx the rest of his bottle and goes to get more. Returning shortly with two more.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

*Talana, who has been sitting quietly in a corner in the inn during most of this exchange, finally stands and walks over to Woden.*

"Woden... I believe that you and I need to speak with Dewberry and have this matter addressed as soon as possible. In my experiences, honor combats are public, since the very essence of the combat is to restore some honor - which is usually lost with others."

"Though Dewberry has told me that the matter was a private one, I do not believe that is an acceptable answer, particularly not from someone who leads a House and refuses to tell even those within his House - the very same people who he claims are brothers and sisters - what has transpired."

"This is unacceptable to me and if it is not remedied as soon as possible, I will no longer support Dewberry to lead us."

*Her voice is somber, but resolute and she looks from Woden to Pugo*

"Pugo... it was the Ga'Vin, led by Ogrom, who helped to save this town... nay, this world, from ED, when they led Gideon, Lambic, Nathanael, Indira, Dewberry and I to go forge that sword in the Ga'Vin fires... It was also that same group of people who were prepared to stand before ED and be slaughtered, simply to slow him down in the hopes that the rest of town would be able to later stop ED after we perished. I will never forget that night, nor the bravery and courage shown by Ogrom AND Dewberry and I'm terribly troubled that two men, with whom I grew such a bond after that night, would have allowed anything at all to come between them. You have the right to hear answers... as do the rest of us. Anything less is, in fact, a dishonor."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*Handing Talana the bottle in his hand, and taking the second from Sethreal*
"It wasnt exactly secret, it was right in the middle of town, it just so happenes no one was there to hear the terms. If you want to talk with him though I see no reason not to. You can try to appeal to his 'Elven' side."
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

I already did. When I approached him he curtly responded, "It was a private matter." I backed off because he was on his way to go talk to Donovan about something important, possibly this matter... I do not know...
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

'Hmm.. Then maybe you need to appeal to his Dwarven side."
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**As Lambic finishes his last statement, he gets a confused look on his face, looks down at the bottle he has been drinking out of, carefully re-reads the label. Then he makes an "Ooops" face and restoppers the bottle. He puts the bottle away with his potion bottles. Then listens the the other conversations as people joine the discussion at the bar.**

Super Secret Snaky Time??!!??
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Orien looked up at Woden as he sat down, watching him as if waiting for him to bite her. However, at his kind words, her face softened from its hesitant lines and she gave him a ghost of a soft smile. It was self effacing mostly, as she seemed well aware of her own overly sensitive nature.

“A person died before me whom I could have saved. A worthy soul is lost because I did not have the strength to stand up stronger for that in which I believe. That, good master dwarf, is a failure.” Her voice was soft, not the least but accusatory, and she clearly held no real bitterness toward Woden for the part he had played in the encounter. “However, I am beginning to accept that my path is not the path walked by others, and that I have not the right to judge them for it. I can only trust to hope that life be held as a precious thing, and not so cheaply sold for such as honor. I must content myself with knowing that there are good people, and my efforts are better spent serving them than lamenting that which I do not understand and have not the power to change.”

She reached across the table and gave his hand a hesitant squeeze, a slight blush of color painting her pale cheeks pink. “I think you for your kindness, however.”
Onyx Everhungry
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Onyx Everhungry »

*Onyx starts off trying to listen to the conversation but before Talana is halfway through talking he loses interest and only looks up from his bottle when Lambic says super secret snacky time.*

*He takes a gulp and then lifts his bottle and smiles to Lambic* Super secret snacky time! Maybe it was called drunk too, Onyx memory very fuzzy from that night. *Clinks bottles with Sethreal*

*When Orien talks he looks at her like the RCA dog*

You talk alot for horned one, and you talk funny way.
Food?
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal clinks bottles with Onyx.*

"My memory is also hazy from that night. I think there was an ogre here with his brother, or something like that."

*Seth takes another long pull from his wine. He is visibly drunk now, swaying alittle in his seat.*
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels Walks into the inn the his hood up so you can't really see his face. In a low voice*

"So, You guys having super secret snacky time without me Huh?"

*He walks over near Seth takes his bottle and downs what is left in it*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Orien, you suggest that honor is not of equal value as life. But I tell you that I have no life, not one of my own. I gave it up long ago, when I join the Phoenix. I do have honor. That is mine. I hold others' lives to have great value, that is what I gave my life up for. To serve and protect, that is how I have gained honor. I would not give up my life, that which is someone else's, for the sake my own honor, unless it was to serve or protect those who I am swoarn to.

However, I should also say that I appreciate anyone in the Haven who highly values their own life and that of the Haven.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal clinks bottles with Kels.*

"You are just in time. We just started. "

*Sethreal Downs his bottle.*
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*grunts in agreement to Lambics words, then shuffles slightly trying to avoid looking at Talana*
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Noting Woden's manuever, Talana looks down, then quietly slips away from the group in the opposite direction from Woden and goes to sit in a corner by herself, pulling out a tome to look for something*
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer