Late One Night.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Late One Night.

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo waslk in to the Inn and looks around for some one he might know. Than he start to look for a place to set. On his way over to the place to set near the fire he stops gets a drink form the bar.*

"Lambit I want something strong!"

*He waits till Someone get him his drink so he can go set down.*
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Already pretty drunk, Sethreal holds up a bottle of wine from where he is sitting in the corner.*

"I have plenty more of this. It does the trick welll enough. Come drink with me."
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo walks over to Sethreal and sit down, and takes a mug full. He looks at Sethreal with a gleem in his eyes. *

"So Sethreal care to tell me what happen the other night between Dewy and Ogrom? I like to know why I was not giving the chance to heal Ogrom. Why a few other in this town try to press me back. Why it is that a member of this town was slain in their very bounds and yet nothing was done about it?"

*He stops for a moment and down the full mug, and get another one. As he starts to talk oncemore his eyes become ablaze. His voice starts to show sign of rage in it. But he seem to be in check as he talks to Sethreal.*

"Why is it that I seen the blood omen the first night I came to this cursed place? I knew then we should have left and tracked on. But it is not my place to bark orders. Why have we lost so many of our kind to those with foolish dreams? I might be going on a vision quest soon Sethreal an I am not sure if it will lead me back here. It is not easy being a tribe of one. So i am in need of the great Feathered Serpants answers. Unless you can offer me some reason I should not?"

*At that point Pugo drinks his full, and looks around for more to drink.*
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Looking distraught at the mention of Ogrom Sethreal takes a long pull from his bottle of Malcoms wine.*

"To tell you the truth I have little knowlege of what happenened between your tribe. All I know is that it was an honor duel. And to the question of why you should stay...... Out there you have no sure friends, but here you have at least one."

*Sethreal gestures to himself*

"And I am sure I could find a place in my tribe for a friend.*
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Make that 2 friends, Pugo. *Lambic arrives behind the bar after hearing his named called. He sets down a dusty looking dark brown bottle, there is no label on it.*

I was not around for the honor duel either. As I understand, it took place as an honor duel should. Both parties were accepting of the duel and how it takes place. The only person that I believe knows what started the duel is Dewberry. I can not promise he will be willing to answer.

How is the leader of a tribe usually chosen?
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo look sat Lambic as he speak and nods his head. He listin's to Sethreal as well, and nods to him. He puase for a moment as the offer of a place in Sethreal tribe.*

"Lambic to answer your question for who is leader in the tribe. It is gained by who is left standing between those who wish try and take it. It is normally a bloody rite of paasage fro it is normally done just after the test of man hood. which could mean we have teh same leader for many many moons. Or we could have a very quick lunch break back in the old days. Do to the fact the loser was normally killed and offerd up as teh meal to one that bested him."

*The fire behind PugO's eyes kind of lights up at the sound of eating something. But it goes as quickly as it came. He than goes back to drinking for a moment.*

"I undertand Sethreal what you are getting at. I understand who the duel should have worked Lambic. I do not agree to how thing fell that night. As for a new tribe I am gone to have to think about it Sethreal. I have a tast I gone to finish out soon. An after that I am free of the Blood Moon tribe once more. An than I can make my choices as a free spirit. No bound to those that enslaved me, no ties to bind these old bones any longer. I do thank you both."

*He pulls a long draft off the mug of wine. An listin to for a time.*
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal nods at Pugos response, and drains the rest of his bottle.He then looks at it mournfully.*

"Looks like I need another."

*Sethreal stumbles alittle as he gets up and walks to get another bottle.*
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Orien, who had been healing a warrior just back from patrol, could not help but over hear what passed between Sethreal and Pugo. A look of sorrow set upon her normally cheerful face, and she came to sit beside Lambic, though she drank no ale.

"Good master Ga'vin... I sware unto you... I tried to save your friend." She looked troubled, pained. "I... I know not what cause sparked the duel which took the life of your companion. I know not why they forbade me to aid him. I know only that I heard the sound of battle and ran to help. Woden would nay permitt me to heal Ogrum... he... he would NOT let me." He large eyes filled with tears.

"I... I am SO very, very sorry! That a person's life sould be forfit for the sake of honor is foolishness to me, and I understand it not at all. I... I mourn your friend, though I knew him not at all... for his death should not have been... I... I should have been able to save him, if only they had let me." She bent her head. "I am so sorry... please... forgive me."
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Orien, I am sorry that you feel this way. I realize that it may be difficult for others to understand, but part of an honor duel is that the looser is not healed or brought back to life. That would be against what you were fighting for. However, do not confuse Honor and Vanity. They are not the same thing although you will often find them living together.

Honor, can be as simple as doing the thing that is right but is hard to do. Sometimes that hard thing to do is dieing. I know that some people value life above all else, but this is not my way. My life is forfeit to that which is does good in the world. Such is the life of a soldier. The moment I took my oath, I began my path towards death. I must keep my honor so that when that path ends, my death will mean something, something good and positive for whatever world I am in.

This is how I believe it to be between Ogrom and Dewberry. They decided that the only way to continue doing good was for one of them to die. I am sorry if it hurts you to not have been able to heal Ogrom but believe in the fact that your pain is going to to make the Haven and Phanterra better places, just as Ogrom wanted.

Of course we all make mistakes. Maybe this was one. Unfortunately there are few ways to tell, the simplest is to wait and see.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal makes his way back to his seat with two more full bottles of wine. He then stands and raises one, and in a fierce but drunken voice proclaims..*

"Heres a toast to all of our fallen friends and allies. Who will join me in this?"

*Without awaiting an answer Seth drains half his bottle. Afterwards he sits and drops his gaze to the floor and only raises his head to drink.*
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo looks at the stranger tha comes up to the small table. His eyes have a void of emotion in them. He just picks up his mug than downs the last of it. His voice has now lost all thing good in it and that snarling crackle is back.*

"It is not a pain you have to care about. You did not raise him as I did. You did not train him as I did. It was his blood, his pain, and his will that made hima better person than his old man. But in light of all things now what has changed? What has became of a tribe who once protected this place as it own? What has became of the line of friendship and allies that where made here? I can tell you just what has became of them. Nothing is where we lay now like we had before. For nothing shall change the fact. One warroir fought to change all of past sins. One child of a very evil and foul beast of creation was slain for some worthless form of HONOR! He stood beside each of you defended even those that he could care less us. He did not HATE anyone of you. In fact in his only defence I have raise for the Fallen Son OF GROM! Is that he bleed for those heis father mae us hunt down and eat as our only way to live. To make amens of the past was his goal, and to help raise a new banner of hope in this lightless land. If you feel anything for his death it should be outrage and fire to rebuild a stronger home for those of you who are lost. Not pity for my kind, nor pity for one of the best leader in this vemon eaten spawn of Edthanius. "

*Pugo stops cold and than turns to look at Lambic with a smoldering rage in his once cold eyes, and his voice now sound like a hissing eel.*

"YOU CALL THAT HONOR DUEL SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF! YOU CALL THAT DUEL WORTHY OF A DWARVEN HOMELAND DUEL. WHO SET THE RULES OF CHALLENGE? WHO WAS THE MASTER OF THE CHALLENGE? *Pugo stops for a moment to restrainthe rage in him. Than starts to speak once mroe but this time with some control.*
Who came to get the others family so things could be set right? For I am the second of the BloodMoon Clan. But I was threatended not once but twice form outsiders. Am I to call them to this duel and kill them and eat them infront of those that cared for them? No I would be hunted down and released into the winds if that would happen. Am I to say sit hear and have you tell me that in your mighty dwarven clan it was done this way. When I for one no that is not true! You have not seen that I trust more dwarves in this time than I have human. Have you not notice that I am kind to a many of them. You think I have not spent many a season within more than a few Dwarven holds..... "

*When Sethreal comes back with the drinkn and makes his toast pugo stop dead sentence. Than raise his glass and nods as Sethreal toast.*

"I am sorry Lambic I should not have gotten heated. Forgive my rage for it is my only fuel right now. An take no ofence lady I hold not you but I do hold a few that you work with at heed. For the nexted one of the Elders minoins best use it. Or stay their hand and tongue I might jsut get hunger for flesh again. An seen how we have no laws here that is not a good thing for anyone. Maybe that should change now that we have lost teh ones that helped save this place. But like I said to Sethreal and Lambic I have a tast i am to do before I am free once more."

*At that point Pugo grabs the other bottle of drink and start pouring it down his open maw.*
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Orien looked at Lambic, her overly bright blue eyes large and sad, full of unshed tears. She shook her head in sorrow. “Well do I understand the nature of honor, good Lambic, and well to I hold it dear to my heart. But… what I saw was not honor. I saw one who defended this place, my own life included, slain… with nay a word of the ‘why’ of it. I cannot fathom how we have any hope of vanquishing the darkness beyond this town, if we do its work from within. Honor I understand… and murder too. I have no right to pass judgment, such is not given me nor is it my calling in the Light… for I am the barer of Hope. However, it is given me to see with unclouded eyes, and I see something that need not have been, that should not have been.”

Pugo’s words, harsh and angry cause, at last, the held tears to fall down the elf’s pale cheek. She looked down, feeling the hear of his words and the burning furry in them. She did not look up again until his voice calmed, though it did not east the pain and sadness written for all to see on her sharp features.

“Why would you hold the Elder’s folk accountable, when it was the hand of Dewberry Stoutbringer who slew your friend? Am I not of their number, and did I not do all in my power to aid him? Must they all pay because of my weakness… my failure?” She hastily whipped away her tears, seemingly having found a reserve of strength and having become ashamed of them.

“You are right, Pugo Redfang of the BloodMoon clan. We are lawless and this is a thing that eats away at us. We have no laws, and thus no way to ensure justice, save to hope that each heart knows the measure of it and sees to it on their own. Clearly this has not happened. We look at our fellows… and see only the prospect of evil… of greed… and of treachery.” Her eyes flashed, and this was clearly something that troubled her greatly. “If only we would see the potential for good in each person as readily as we see evil, perhaps we would not be in the place we are now.”

“A thing done in vengeance, Pugo Redfang… is of the Darkness… that which we must fight with the whole of our being. To seek Justice… this is well and good. Be sure…” She regarded him openly, without judgment and only faith, “Be sure you know which it is you serve… for the path into darkness is an easy one, and redemption is no easy thing.”
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic raises a bottle with Sethreal and Pugo*

I apologize, Pugo, if I seemed callous. That was not my intention nor was disaparaging your knowledge and close relationship to honor. Ogrom was an great asset to this town and his strong arm and stronger leadership will be missed. He has stood over my lifeless body, protecting me, more times than I care to remember.

I ask, with no right to, 2 things. First seek justice through the council, that which Ogrom son of Grom help establish as the guiding body of the town. Second tell me of how the Order of the Elder is involved, this is the first I have heard of it.

Orien, it is your right to believe what you like but please do not try and impose those on others. And yes I mean healing Ogrom. As for laws, I am against them, bunch as a catch all solution for the woes of the Haven, I am seen them fail twice myself. Perhaps a great of thought and research should be put into them before the rest of Haven.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*walking up upon the group* 'Who set the rules of the challenge? Good question, but it can only be one of two people. Ogrim is either guilty of making the challenge, or guilty of excepting it. I was first to reach them.. *looks at Orien* and yes I stopped you. Those were the rules of the duel. *turning back to Pugo* As for freinds in this area, I offered to help you attend to Ogrims body after. I would not have made such an offer if I did not believe he was worthy.'
*grabs an extra bottle and sits next to seth*
*speaking again to Orien*
'You failed at nothing little one. You made your effort.'
Last edited by Woden on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Seth looks up as Woden sits down*

"Grab some more ale and drink with me my friend. Theres no better time for it.....