The Next Morning

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

The Next Morning

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

*Talana walks into the Inn a bit disheveled and more dirty than is customary for her to allow herself, sweating quite a bit and apparently having been working out in the hot sun for several hours. Despite most questions about where she has been, she remains a bit vague, with dismissive responses like 'keeping myself busy' but obviously extraordinarily distraught over something.*

*Walking into the kitchen for a short while, she runs some waters over her hands and wipes them on her dress apron as she re-enters the main of the Inn, looking around and holding a tome. She clears her throat and looks around to see who she could approach without interrupting, saying softly:*

"Is there anyone else here that I have not managed to interview for the census, or that might be willing to speak with me about the known history of Phantara after the Cataclysm?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

*Delayne, who is currently engaged in poking a hole in a chunk of bread and pulling out the soft insides with her finger, blinks and stares at Talana for a moment, almost as if she doesn't recognise her appearance. She furrows her eyebrows, her newfound wings ruffling and then nods in greeting.*

"We spoke briefly on the census, but were interupted." She says. "I would be happy to resume on your leisure, of course." She taps her chin thoughtfully. "Also I know there are a few new people in town. I met a young woman named Jasmine a few days ago, you may also wish to speak with her. I saw her wearing a bright red dress and translating a book. There is also the man Orric and his sister, of whom, sadly I continue to forget her name. If I see any of them I will ask them to meet with you."
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*as Shea is passing through the Inn hears Delayne speak of forgetting Arick's sister's name*
Her name be Esmirelda.......

*stops as she has already past her, turns and reapproaches Talana and quietly asks*
Are yea okay mistress? Is there something yea be needing help with this day?
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana nods and tries to smile appreciatively, but her smile is clearly forced and her lips tightly pursed. She speaks softly and slowly trying to prevent her voice from cracking or sounding too harsh.*

"Thank you both. I've already included Jasmine, Aeric and Esmerelda into the census, but I do need additional information from you, Delayne, if you are so willing to provide it."

*Talana turns to Shea and shakes her head*

"I really appreciate your offer, Good Lady Shea, but I fear that there is very little that anyone can do for me at this time... Except perhaps in helping me research a few things."

*Talana walks over to where Delayne is sitting and opens her tan book.*
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*Onyx tilts his head to the side inquisitively and forms the words tenatively*

Cen-sus?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana looks over to Onyx and nods*

"Yes, actually, Onyx... and I had meant to speak with you yesterday to get your information. Essentially, for historical purposes, I am just trying to get the names and basic information of the residents of Haven. Naturally, it is voluntary to participate and I've tried to keep the questions limited for everyone's privacy, but it might be nice, for example, if someone in town needed to be buried that we could give them a proper burial and inform those that care for the departed of their passing. If you wish, I'd like to document your name, race, age, birthplace, guild or house affiliation and anyone else that you wish to have notified, should you pass."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

*Woden walks into the Inn a alot disheveled and more dirty than is customary even for him, sweating quite a bit and apparently having been working out in the hot sun for several hours. If questioned about where he has been, he remains surly and dismissive, responding in mostly grunts*

*looking around*

'Oh good. *walks over to Delayne* I need to talk to you when you have a second. Sooner if possible.'
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

*Delayne looks to Woden and then back to Talana, then a sort of understanding and curious urgency comes across her face.*

"By all means, as soon as possible."
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*before Talana turns to Delayne*

I'm sorry I'm no good at research Milady. I do wish you well....Good day to you.

*she waves a hello to Delayne and smiles, then slowly turns and leaves the Inn as Talana turns to Delayne*
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

*Delayne turns a smile on Shea and dips her head in greeting*

Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana looks at Woden, then to Delayne and nods*

"I think he wanted you for a different purpose, though I think we three need to sit down soon to discuss all of our independent research."

*Talana's words are soft and nigh emotionless and her voice is devoid of the usual warmth and jovialness.*

"The only other information I needed to get from you was your age and who you would want to notify in the event of your passing..."

*Talana pauses and looks at Woden:*

"I need your information as well, Woden."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Delayne grins. "Well, as I started to tell you yesterday, I am afraid I can't help you with my age. It is hard to tell one year from the next when nothing ever changes, and this is how it was when I was younger. I have only been in Haven for two cycles of the seasons." She ruffles her feathers thoughtfully. "As to your second question..." She removes a scrap of paper and a pencil from one of her pouches and scribbles on it, passing it to Talana.

"As to the rest of the matter, let us all go together, with as much haste as possible, as soon as it can be done."

Tullus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tullus »

*From a table of the inn, an elf stands and moves head in a effort to stretch motionlessness. He stands and says to Talana*, "So, I can see in your haste to leave for whatever important matter this is...... You probably don't need my information for your census, uh sistah?"

*His sentence ends in a smirk*
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."

-Mark Twain
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*Onyx listens to Talana and when she finishes he grins and pat's his chest*
Onyx thinks you already know his no no... my name and race, you smart pointy ear. Onyx only seen 3 changings of the moon, *laughs* Pugo say Onyx and Jade the biggest swaddlings he ever see. *Snorts and laughs like this is the funniest thing he's ever heard* Vaun say name of place Onyx was born, but Onyx forget how to say, but it start with her name and end in suck. Why people giggle when Onyx say that? Onyx part of tribe, but helping Ming gather stuff for now, Lao ask Onyx to try and keep safe so I try and stay close. Not always do that but try, Onyx have to go find food alot and Ming stay in town most of time. *Shakes his head* townsmembers and pets NOT food! If Onyx die, tell any of the people I say already, and Dewberry since he head of tribe now.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic comes out of the room behind the bar.**

Did I hear Woden's voice? I would speak with you, when it is convieniant for you of course.