A Modest Proposal (for everyone)

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

I'd be fine with Reid's suggestion.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

I forgot to mention, I am also quite blind after I choose to go to bed. So, for me, it is a safety issue as well.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Faerykin wrote:I forgot to mention, I am also quite blind after I choose to go to bed. So, for me, it is a safety issue as well.
Actually, I have this problem too. Last time I slept in contacts, I cut my eyelid. And no one wants to know how bad my prescription is...Definite empathy here.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Eilonwy wrote:And no one wants to know how bad my prescription is...
:lol:

We could compare - I've yet to meet someone worse off than me. Of course, prescription is only half of it. I've done stage shows without my glasses (way back when I didn't have contacts). Its amazing how easy some gray blobs are to differentiate from other gray blobs when you get used to walking blind. Fighting blind - I don't even want to think about the potential mishaps.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Faerykin wrote: I've done stage shows without my glasses (way back when I didn't have contacts).
I didnt wear my glasses in "Paper Thin Immortal" and I almost fell off of the stage twice. That was my first and last time on stage.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

WayneO42 wrote:I didnt wear my glasses in "Paper Thin Immortal" and I almost fell off of the stage twice. That was my first and last time on stage.
:o

I remember that! Poor, poor Wayne-O ... walking blind takes practice.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Two events ago when I played, I didnt get up to fight when something was outside the cabin because I couldnt find my glasses. We definately need to find a happy medium.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I can definately see this as a safety issue. There is also the possibility of people being disoriented when waking up and hurting themselves (Getting dressed, grabbing weapons, etc) or others. I hate to take away from the action, but I think safety is a first issue.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

I feel that it's not an issue of "combat" at the wee hours of the morning, but more of the illusion of it. I understand that many of you have lives that are very demanding, as I have 2 children at home I understand that, and sleep isn't just because your tired. You need it to continue to function normaly in your everyday lives after the event. We just need to remember that an attack can and might happen at any time. Now I'm not saying everyone needs to be on high alert all night. Sleep is VERY important and no one should go without if they need or want it. But for the people who are awake at those times need to get back to the basics. Question everyone and everything.

Out-Of-Game talk isn't a real bother either, but needs to be monitered. Colin showed me last event it isn't that hard to take our WoW conversations and the such away for the masses to keep their atmosphere In-Game. If we all put in a little effort we can still talk Out-Of-Game all we want and not interfear with anyone else.

Back to the Basics!!
1. It's 4am and you need to go take a leak, bring your weapon and be ready.
2. A new person is walking up to the Inn and you are standing outside, yell out "Who approches" and don't let them in untill they answer.
3. The Inn is NOT a safty zone!! While combat in the Inn is forbiden other things can and still will happen.
4. We all come and enjoy ourselves for many different reasons. We must understand that each person holds their own fun and excitment within the game. We must respect others of their enjoyment as they try and respect ours. We all need to keep the game in as true of a form that we can.
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Agree

Post by General Maximus »

I totaly agree with Gabrial. There are ways to be safe in game and still get sleep. I personaly like the challenge and elment of fear it brings to have the possiblity of attacks during the night. You can ask anyone that I easly do not get out of bed to fight once I'm down for the night.
It would have been easy to set some traps up at the Inn doors or create a spell that would set off an alarm when somebody walks through an area. I don't see it as an OGG issue, but an in game issue. With proper planning this issue can be resolved with out the need of people standing guard.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Danger can be added to the Inn without the risk of full-on fighting. Thieves who’d rather flee then fight, or assassins who’d either take out their target(s) undetected, or flee if discovered.

There’s always the good ‘ol “They’re trying to burn down the Inn!” gag. If you’re unable or unwilling to get up and fight – then stay in bed. Just make sure you’re with people who are willing to defend the structure and have made the preparations to be able to fight at a moments notice – sleeping in armor, boots and glasses within easy reach, etc.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

My only gripe with the INN, is that several people have attempted to Inniate actions in it, while people were sleeping, only to be told they can not. (because it would cause combat.) It makes it too safe.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Fighting

Post by General Maximus »

I have been thinking and I think combat in sleeping areas is a bad idea. There is many expensive pesonal belonging in peoples sleeping area and if a fight breaks out, the belonging probly will be stepped on and broken. Not fun. This would pertain to tents also. If a fight happens in a tent, something will break and I will be very upset if my expensive tent gets trashed. I would ask if fighting happens in sleeping areas or in tents that it is taken outside to protect peoples property from damage.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

The Inn it's a matter of breaking things that are part of the lodge AND safety, but I would disagree with a tent or other IG sleeping area. If you have something that expensive or delicate you had better make sure that you take very good care of it or keep it somewhere it won't be damaged.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

I'm also of the opinion that if you can't fight in the Inn, then you should not be able to fight in other 'inside' areas. It's not fair to people who set up tents that they are, in essence, more at risk, just becasue they chose to sleep in a different area than the Inn. In character, there's no difference between the two places. OOC, there is. Thus, I find it not really right that people in the Inn are more 'safe', essentially, than those who don't sleep there simply by virtue of the OOG nature of the rules of the place.

Now, that only applies to fighting, IMO. You can be robbed anywhere. If a person can get in (pass wall, exc) Then it's fair game. Passive events are fine in the Inn, and thus are treated equally anywhere else as well.

I just don't like the enequity based on an OOC condition.