To His Honorable Guests

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

To His Honorable Guests

Post by GM-Mike »

An older man wearing a brown tunic and a light black cloak enters the inn with a piece of parchment. He meanders to the middle of the room and clears his throat. In as loud a voice as he can manage, he announces, "All ye guests of the honorable Lord Malcom are hereby invited to the wedding of the lovely Rose to the endearing Clover, presided over by Malcom himself this Saturday afternoon during the One O'clock Hour. All ye are further requested to attend a prewedding feast to take place at the 12 o'clock hour of that same day. From the lips of Malcom himself, 'We have been neighbors now too long to not be friends. Let us feast and discuss our peaceful future together.'"

The man then meanders to the door and posts the invitation for all who were not present.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Voralen looks up at the man who just finished speaking.

Saying to no one in particular

"Well this will be a pleasant change from the last few moons, Weddings are always a joyous occasion."

*Voralen leans back against the bench he is sitting upon and smiles to the Elderly man, tips his cup, and nods his head as he passes by.
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

“Indeed Voralen. I believe this to be a good tiding indeed. A chance to face a threat with diplomacy instead of force. That would be a nice change I believe. I so do like weddings. I will have to prepare something special. I have something in mind. I would not wish to give insult to the hosts.” Sen says, appearing from no where near Voralen. Sen is smiling, as usual, and has in his hand a large wooden spoon covered in the detritus of stew. He smells of ginger and honey.
Travis Cole
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*turns towards Sen with a puzzled look

"A Threat? Maybe I am missing something then, but why would this Lord Malcom be considered a threat?"

"That is one thing that me and Gabrial didnt find out on our little excersion around haven...Please if someone could explain a little more to me about this, and any other factions that may be a potential conflict."

*Voralen looks on a little embarassed from not knowing more of his new home
Serith Darkheart

Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

"Friend!" Lambic calls from behind the bar. "Can we offer you food and drink?" In his hand Lambic holds a pint of ale. "We have clean water, ale, of course, some fruit nectars, and I believe a couple of things of a stronger nature. Although Sen may not yet be famous in this part of the world he is in many another. That sweet smell is his stew, and something that is can refresh most any man who has come many miles this day and yet has leagues to go."

Lambic gives the man a moment to think about it and turns his head towards Voralen. "I am afraid that discussion would require a bit of time and a rather long piece of parchment. Let us not be rude while we have a guest."
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

“Lambic is right. The feet must be weary of travel. I have stew, always simmering in the pot. I have bread that is only a day old. And a thick crusty cheese perhaps. It always works to refresh a man.” Sen says, disappearing with a bow. Then he comes back from the kitchen carrying a silver tray. A wooden bowl of soup, an end of bread, some yellow cheese, and a jug of thick, sweet honey.

“Let me know if there is anything else, I may obtain for your comfort.” Sen says.
Travis Cole
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Voralen looks to Lambic

"Absoultly, at another time would be most beneficial for all....and Sen if that call for stew is an open call, then by all means i would love a bowl!"

*Voralen smiles at the Valkn'Vi cook

"The Stars only know how long it has been since I have tasted such an excellent meal such as yours Sen!"
Serith Darkheart

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Lifts his head from his book he is reading and cocks it to the side while listening to the messenger. Then he shrugs and continues to read in his book.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

"And just where is this wedding and feast to be held?"
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Eli raising one eye brow at Amagus’s interest in the wedding says, “weddings are suppose to be a time of great joy and happiness and celebration… I somehow cannot picture you having fun at one.”
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Voralen Smiles sharply then puts his hand up to cover up the smile as the young elf makes his comment to the magi

* Coughing to pretend he is clearing his throat

"Yes good sir, it would be good to know exactly where this celebration is being held?"

"You know, incase we have to get supplies and what not ready for travel, because this ceremony is not far from taking place"
Serith Darkheart

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The man looks at the questioners and responds simply, "WHy at his honorable's manor of course"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"I would like to provide the hosts a wedding gift. I have recently been aging a side of young venison. It has been packed with herbs and spices. I was going to make something special with it, and this seems like the time. If I were to pack it up, would you bring my humble gift to your lord in the name of the Pheonix guard, and Haven?" Sen asks with a deep bow.

"In addition, should you require my services, I am at your disposal. I am not a chef, but I could certainly be of some help in the kitchen. I would be honored to provide you anything you may need."
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"I will certainly send your gift along. It, along with any help you wish to provide, would certainly be appreciated."
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

With a quick bow Sen disappears into the Kitchen. There is a quick rumbling, and the banging of pots and pans. A flutter of flour creeps under the doorway. Once Sen appears he is holding in his arms a wicker basket, large, with something wrapped in red cheese cloth. It smells of ginger and saffron.

“This is what I would like to send along. It has aged in spice, and should be extremely tender.” Sen bows and places the basket at the Old Man's feet. “If you require it, I would be happy to accompany you now.”
Travis Cole