Returning to Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

General

Post by General Maximus »

*The general stands and bows to Corbyn*

I stand ready to serve as I once did for King Gimliy and the dwarven people and now you Elder Corbyn. What would youhave of me.

*The general stands and waits*
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

For now, as there are no immediate threats, continue speaking with the people who call Haven home. You will be fighting beside them frequently, and learning who they are and what they fight for will help you understand them. Remember, the old prejudices have no place here, and that members of each race have proved to be invaluable aspects of our defense.

I suggest you begin your inquiries with that red-haired woman over there. Her name is Kidwynn, and you have much in common.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

~ Laura walks into the inn but seems to be in her own little world. She does not hear or see anything going on around her. Her head is bowed in solm silence. When she had walked though the portal she was hoping that her sister Kittien would be there waiting for her. To tell her a tale of how she got home. But she was not there. And to much time has passed. Laura has begun to realize that she might never see her sister again. She felt alone in this place without her sister.

~She lifts her head in a daze and see the group of people over by the bar and heads over there. And turns to Lambic.

" I too would like to drink to the lost and fallen. May they never be forgotten and thier spirts guid us in times of trouble and woe."

~ SHe picks up her glass and as if saluting to the heavens tips it back and takes a drink!
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Heee

*The general nods to Corbyn, and bows. He stands up and turns to Ogrom*

So there is no battle leader for Haven. How do orginze yourselves against a threat? Does the town work as a unit under a single plan? What is the councles role in defending the town? What role does Donovan play in defending the town? Does Donovan lead his troops on the battle field? Does he come up with the battle plans?
What responsiblites does the councle have towards the people? What does the councle do? How does this town work? Are there laws in this town? Who inforces them? What are the pentalities for breaking said laws?

I ask these questions so I understand and not acendtaly break this towns laws. This is not the homeland and there for I can not assume anything.

*The general turns to where Kidwynn stands*

Maybe you can tell me how Haven operates, the one called Kidwynn with the dragon breath colored hair.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks over at Corbyn from her position at the beam observing things. She raises an eyebrow from beneath her tri-corn hat after his statement concerning the dwarf and the pirate girl having much in common.*

What?

*She looks over to that dwarf.*

I have a bit o’ time before I travel if you care to discuss things. I’ll answer your questions as best as I am able. Perhaps we could even have this conversation over a drink or two.

*She looks back at Corbyn.*

You do remember I’ll be travelin’ soon, right?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Neat

*The General grins*

Drink and talk. I think I can handle it. So tell me of this Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Points to a corner*

How about we go sit over there and talk. You ask questions and I'll see if I have answers for ya.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Captain Aran
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Captain Aran »

*turns to Sen finally after watching the very interesting exchange*

My appologies Sen, I wasn't ignoring you, that conversation just was... engrossing to listen to. However, yes I am a sailor, a captain to be exact, of three vessels and four crews over my short and not quite illustrious career. At the last, and before the great unpleasantness I captained the H. M. S. Crimson.

*chuckles*

And although I do not think I ever graced the port of Red Bluff, I do know many a ship hand who swore by fish soup leftovers as good tar for sails... that is unless the gulls smelled it.
Ogrom
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ogrom »

Genral as councle is vary new and we havent had time to sit to setup roles for what happen here I cant tell you what roles we individualy play but we do have the treat others like you want to be treated for now but will make laws that all should be able to follow.
as for what military do here and who enforce it need to find donivan and ask him of the warrior role's here we have i know at present my tribe and phenix are the major warriors here in town but we have some guards for town and traid routes thats all i know.

This councle was formed to take off some burden from corbin and to make it so one person wont bear the burden of leadership.
since we are new and havent had much time to sit and make laws and to form roles we need to do till then just be ready to defend haven when call to arms are heard.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Interesting Facts

*The general looks at Orgum*

Interesting. No laws, no punishments, no one to inforce them. People defend the town when the needs arise, but Donovan guides the towns defense with his people and with your clans help. How long has Haven survived? From the sounds of it, many people have died defending Haven?
Hmmm.....
Do you know where I can find Donovan?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"Ahh, the HMS Crimson. Sounds like a regal ship. Should you find yourself needing anything, I'm certain I can accomodate you. The rivers here to have fish in them, and there is fishing villiage not far. I'm sure I could procure you any sea related food you may desire. I'm pleased to have made your aquaintence." Sen says with a deep bow.
Travis Cole
Pasha Gajarin

Post by Pasha Gajarin »

*Trailing into the Inn several minutes later are the Sylvani women, Pasha and Nadia, cursing and muttering about being sent to the "wrong Haven" by that Elder and circling about the Inn looking for anyone who might know how to get to Winter Haven.*
Captain Aran
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Captain Aran »

*chuckles*

Regal... heh, regality is in the eye of the beholder. As with most ships long at sea and built for war, she was imposing. Course that might be because my first mate had a tendency to put a balista on every possible part. I'll have to tell you about that crew Sen, you'd get a luagh or three
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"I have seen many war vessels come and go from port. Always a sight to see. I have even had the pleasure of serving on one for a few months as cook. The captain made a request, and how was I to refuse?" Sen says with a smile. "Can I get anyone anything? more ale? something to eat?"
Travis Cole
Kaveri Tyrnea'mitore
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kaveri Tyrnea'mitore »

Calling from the window...
"Sen! Do you have any strong soap, or perhaps some flour I could have?"

Kaveri appears at the window hole. She is covered with burrs, dandelion fluff and prickers. There are a few arm loads of branches, leaves, flowers and something resembling a purple cattail, at the table near her. Upon closer inspection you can see that a a clear sticky substance spots her clothing, forearms, and cheek.
Some dandelion fluff floats off from her clothing, and gets stuck to the side of her face.
Nature provides all, however you may perceive it. What you make of it depends on how hard you're willing to brew.