The Butchers Bill

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

The Butchers Bill

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Shortly after the battle with Pentag's forces, Donovan enters the Inn and sits at a table with a piece of worn parchment. On it are several names.*

The Dead
Brant Therin
Dereck Sandoval
Chargoth Karkon^vol
Claude Du Sinjin
DarKarath
Dallid
Atrum Draconis
Giddeon
Ravinal Goodson
Skal Tathar
Audry
Grok
Daku
Baby Gravesbane, First Born of the Haven.

The Lost
Robin Steel
Drakelenas Elderitch

*Donovan looks up at the people in the Inn with a sad expression on his face.*

"Good people, I know this list is incomplete. Help me complete it, that we might honor and remember."
Last edited by Donovan Thynedar on Tue May 02, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan can be seen adding more names to the list.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn look at Donovan*

Might as well consider the Lost, Dead for I have a feelin' if any of us see those two traiders again they will be...dead that is, for at least for me I won't forgive what happened to Atrum, Giddeon, and a few others whom I knew.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kittien »

oups :o
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels Stands up from his seat and with a load voice*

"Remember the Dead Those who gave there All so that we could live on. Remember there sacrifce becouse they would do the same. They are in a better place now without pain distrust, and every thing that makes us evil. Remember, them Becouse thats all we have is the memorys of what they have done. Lets hope it was not in vane."

*With that he lifts his glass takes a drink and throws it into the fire*

"Rest well my friends we will see you again."

*Kels's face looks hardend. he pulls the hood of his cloak up and sits back down*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn just watches Kels's actions. Her gaze somewhat void of emotion. She reaches into her pack to pull out a journal and just begins reading as well as writing down a few things.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

*Laura listens to all and with a far off look remembers the horror she had seen! She Bows her head with one tear falling down her cheek she says in almost a whisper.
“May no one forget our friends that have fallen. And may they always be with us!”
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks up*

Hope you're right luv because right now we could be usin' some of their advices about now.

*Looks around the room as if her guard is way up more then usual*
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn looks at the list with obvious grief. He puts a hand on Donovan's shoulder and speaks quietly*

Add the name of my son to the list of those who are lost. I will not speak his name, but would have him remembered as the first child that was born of our citizens. I pray I shall see him again.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan writes the name, his hand trembling as he does so. Letting the quill fall, the weary Preceptor stands and embraces the Duke, his friend, as a brother.*

"You will, Corbyn. You will."