Elsewhere... Back in Final Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Eli comes down stairs looking a little tired.

They still gone? I wonder what is keeping them? You don’t think they are in trouble do you, Ug? I mean they have to have rescued my little brother by now, right?
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Ug not be feelun verie good bout dis. Ug tink dere been a dusturbunce in de wurld..it az if tens uf havunites hav cried out fer help all at wunce.

*Ug rubs his chin.*

We got hard sisun to be makun. Do we go aftur de udders to see wut we can do to help, or do we be makun sur de trade ruts keep flowun. If de trade stop, we all in big trubble.
Ogrom
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ogrom »

As you Wish tribe will prepare to go to them I ask you please come with we will keep you safe or die trying you have my word on this and if you know of me you know my word is law in tribe.

"looks over to Ug,

You master of the arcane will you be able to take us to where chief corbin and the others have gone im not able to locate my arcane's from tribe but Pugo is out looking for my sage and the others that he seen travle with him we hope to be joined by them soon and be ready to go once you all are I need to seek out dewie He will need to come aswell.

I wish to be able to leave in 3 nights if you all think you can do this.

"speeks vary loud so all can here"

Any who wish to aid the ones who left with chief corbin Tribe and any who want to join we will try to leave in 3 nights if master Ug here can get us to them I ask you all to band with me and my tribe here and now to lend aid to the others who already have gone but all need to make choice to where you stand.
Indira Al'Estrella
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Indira Al'Estrella »

Indira looks wide eyed around the room. A slight shiver runs down her spine and she clutches her cloak more tightly around her.

In a small voice she says to herself, "Leaving? Alone? no. No not alone again. Not alone. Mustn’t be alone again. Never alone....always alone."

She whimpers a bit and covers her head with her hood. Then she begins to cram her back into the wall behind her, as if trying to melt into the wall itself.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Just a little while to go...

Post by Torakhan »

Quen walks out of the kitchen, holding some crude potato soup in a wooden bowl. He hobbles his way out to a bench and sits in front of the fire as he eats. He's spent several long days working on a new project outside, updating the facilities to accomodate visitors now that the place has calmed down a bit.

He wanders back into this ongoing talk, thinking he's heard the same things over the past few days and it's getting a little repetative.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug rubs his chin some more, clears his throat, and speaks in a clear and maticulous tone.*

I do not believe that it would be wise of me to leave the Haven at this time. If you leave, I am one of the few Guild Heads left in town. Someone must look after the trade routes and defend the Haven. Should our enemies move to strike at the Haven at this time, we would be in a heap of trouble.

*Ug looks to Indira.*

Indira, I will stay here with you. Together we will defend our home.

*He looks to Eli and glances at Vaun, then back to Ogrom.*

Eli and Vaun can handle this task as well as I. Eli, Vaun, would the two of you be willing to take Orgrom and his tribe to the blasted lands of the former Mage's Guild?
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun gave the elf child a scathing look, one born of her kind's ancient hatred of the elvenkin. She then thurned her dark amethyst eyes to Ug. "I will see to the care of Ogrum's folk, and have no need of this little one. Though I cannot promise that I will safely make it to the other side," and she cringed a little, "They will."
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*Over the past few weeks Eli has begun to look older. Dark circles have begun to form under his eyes from worry about his lost mother and absent father. It almost appears as though he no longer wants to be a child, and somehow he is making it so.

*When he hears the haughty discolored elf woman speaking about him in the third person, despite his obvious presence, Eli looks at her with a quizzical look upon his face and a raised right eyebrow. He slowly closes his spell book, placing his finger to mark the page he was working on.

“I shall not be leaving the Haven. I’ve been told to remain here and work with the troops, in my father’s absence. Besides, I’ve looked over my notes several times on these particular spells and see no reason that the caster must enter the circle himself. Hence, I should be able to cast the circle, and send those who wish to go, on their way. But if the pale old one wishes to do it herself, I’ll nay stand in her way. Best of luck with that casting,” Eli says with a cheerful smile.

After a few seconds of thought he calmly asks, “has anyone bothered asking the Jacob’s mom to simply reopen her ‘portal’ to the mage lands? I mean she has done it once, it should be easier for her to do so again now. Not that I am an expert on her rare and wonderful powers, but I imagine that it is the initial finding of the location that takes the great amount of time as compared to reconnecting with the place again.”

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Listening

Post by Torakhan »

[quote="Ug"]*Ug rubs his chin some more, clears his throat, and speaks in a clear and maticulous tone.*

Quen hears Ug speak clearly and without his usual speach impediments and looks at him oddly. It's the first time he's heard this and while not nessicarily important, Quen can't help but wonder if there's more to what's going on here. But questioning only sticks your head out to be chopped from your shoulders, so he sits tehre and eats his soup.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

At the mention of her being 'old' Vaun raised an eyebrow in turn. She was by no means old, save in the eyes of one so young. Against her usual adversion, she answered him directly. "Pugo of the Redfang hath gone to seek the mother of the boy who hath the Gift. It was my hope that she would beable to do again what once already she hath done. I too believe as thou doth, that a thing done once is easier to do again than for someone new to attempt."
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Eli smiles and says, "Well then, there you have it, no hus no fus. I knew if you put your mind to it, you'd come up with a solution to this current dilemma." With that Eli reopens his spell book to the page he was working on and begins to write some more. Under his breath, he speaks what he writes… “add two old fuddy, one parts grump, one part Val-kin-v….”

Indira Al'Estrella
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Grasping her head...

Post by Indira Al'Estrella »

Indira takes her head into her hands and holds it tightly, as it slowly begins to shake back and forth.

In a hushed but frantic voice she says, "Speak not of parts to me. Get out. Get out of my head. Leave me alone to die. No more. No more prodding. Do not present me with foreign limbs. Flesh is no puzzle to be solved. GET OUT!"
The last she shrieks, and then begins to rock back and forth as if crippled by pain. She folds her arms over her head to shelter it, and whimpers a bit. Her sobs sound faintly of a sad pup.
Ogrom
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ogrom »

"Ogrom looks at Indira and after she calms down a bit starts to speak"

Um Indira What problem you have that make you speak in strange words about parts are you ok and will you be fine here to help Ug and the young Elfling Eli if haven has problems wile tribe and others head out to help the ones who left before us?

And to thoughs that wish to leave with us be ready to travle once we have a portal to head into.

Let us all be ready for trouble and also hope we find our freinds and allies in good standing.

So I ask Who will be going on this mission so i have a number and can seek to best supply a defence to this group till we meet up with the others from haven?
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

*Lao quietly approachs the group, when Ogrom asks who will be accompanying them Lao quietly nods and makes a small bow to Ogrom. Lao then turns to head outside.*
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

At seeing Lao draw near, Vaun tilts her head to one side as if trying to remember something, or see from a different point of view. Quietly she says, "Thou art... Lao... Atrum Draconus knew thee..." She shook her head as if to clear out the fog and her eyes came back into focus. "I have the keeping of his memories, I know thee. He will be glad thou hath come."

Almost... almost there was a ghost of a smile at her lips.

She then turned her amethyst eyes to Ogrom. "Two of the Valkin'vi kin I hath found, who are willing by my word to come with us. With them as ancors, I should be able to safely traverse the portal this time."