Savani Remembrance part dwa

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Savani Remembrance part dwa

Post by Kittien »

With the mist forming to the damp air Alura and her sister Laura walk thought the still new light of day. With them they brought prepped food and drink. The light of the sun echoing in the trees to there left there silhouette were reflected. Making more then one trip the sisters finely began to readied the remembrance feast. Walking a long way from the camp they came back to the place were the body lay and waited for his honor to be given on to him.

Well Alura was digging the body to rest of the way form the ground Laura was setting the food out. Coming to the rocky bottom of the grave Alura put the bones lovingly on the top soil. Putting deep blue fabric on the ground Alura arranged to bones on the cloth. Once done with this she began to rap the body in the cloth….I have nothing to place on you grave marker but I promise you I will. I will find something that will honor the worth of your deeds.

The sun was coming to it peak in the sky:
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

~As the sun begins to set Laura turns to her sister and tell her that the feast is prepared and set.
"May all who come and eat remember the life that was given here. And tell stories of happiness and love."
~She then walks to her sister and helps her with the body.
"I also pledge to make sure that you get the proper head stone that you deserve!"
~She bows her head in silent prayer. As a single tear runs down her cheek.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kittien »

With the sisters around the whole in the ground Alura and Lora brakes out in to song. Once the song is done Alura looks at the women in the circle and speaks. “That was the song of passing from my home land I don't know why it just seamed right. We only give the words to one that has sacrificed for the good of the people. I wish to give to prayer of the right of passing as well.” The wind is still in the back ground and the hearts of the small group beat as one. In a rhythmic voice Alura starts to speak:

Hearts darkened like the night,
Death has come to take from light,

Never fear,
With drowning tear,

Know only that your loved ones are always near,
The way to go is always clear.

Back to the earth one day we all will go to the end the beyond.
Like love with light upon brilliant pond,

Memories of our names dance in reflected wave,
Through all mortal weakness we are still saved,

For as sure as we walk,
We will live in the breath of the wind,
The crash of the waves,
The rebirth of the leaves on yonder tree,

When finely our souls are called to rest,
We as one will find we have heightened to our joined crest.

Peace will be beauty and free.

Home, we then will be.

(Copy right 2006 Marie Johnson)

After that the women sat down to partake in the food and drink, the telling of stories and singing. Manny tears where shed and laughter was heard. A cents of peace CAME over the women in the small clearing as if something was made right. One by one people left the clearing until only the two sisters were left behind. Once more they ever so softly sang the song of passing on there way beck to haven.

A large stones with the man’s name carved in it and the words "Here lies a friend of Havens, a Hero in life and death. Was left to give honor to the man who finely was at rest.
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

OOG: Eilonwy would not have taken as long as the OOG time that has passed. I'm assuming the IG time was fairly short from the start of this post to finish. If not, I'm sure the GM's would let us know. It's harder for me to keep up with the online stuff, sorry. Eilonwy would have returned with the berries, helped with any other preparations, contributed to the feast and music, and returned with the sisters to Haven.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell