Quetzel

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Quetzel

Post by GM-Mike »

Quetzel, Donovan, and eventually Atrum can be seen talking outside.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

When Atrum arrives it appears as if Donovan and Quetzel had already been speaking,. When he approaches, Quetzel asks, "Atrum, are we ready to go?"
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Amagus approaches from up the road, a greedy twinkle in his eye.

“That child, Jacob, what is he? From where does he hail?”
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan glances at Amagus, then looks at the Inn, then back at Amagus again. At first he looks completely confused, perhaps even a little upset with himself for not noticing the departure of the shuffling sage from the Inn. A second later his eyebrows raise and a slight smile crosses his face.*

"Jacob? He's a local child as best I know. We don't know how he does what he does, but I suppose that's more your cup of tea. Both he and his mother appear to be gifted in some sort of teleportation/portal magic... but I'm guessing that you're aware of that now. How was your trip?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“Remarkable! He performed the teleportation without apparent thought or effort, yet with incredible precision – for I arrived neither entombed in the earth, merged with a tree, nor flailing in the air!”

“It would seem Haven is all ready in possession of a formidable weapon. The woman and child must indeed be understood, and never allowed beyond our reach.”
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan laughs heartily.*

"Oh, I agree that their power is quite considerable. They've been helpful to us for as long as we've known them, and I'd suggest any research be done with their consent. They are the teleporters, after all. Keeping them "within our reach" isn't likely to work if they're not willing."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

"Yes. They must be made willing. Learning how is of high importance, as the most obvious methods may not work depending on the measure of their power."

*Amagus shuffles back toward the Inn.*
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn joins Atrum, Donovan, and Quetzel*

I believe we will be ready to depart in a matter of moments. My adopted son, Eli, will be staying behind to hopefully facilitate our return through portal...if need be. He is rather disappointed at being left behind, but I cannot focus on retrieving his mother, brother, and our friends if he is with us.

Elder Quetzal, have you gathered everything you need? If so, let us proceed to the portal and be about our business.

Atrum, I suspect you will have no shortage of opportunities to engage in 'your job' on this quest.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Quetzel thinks a moment and then declares, "I should get a book or two I imagine. I will be right behind you." With that, he walks briskly toward the village.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I should be ready to go soon, just waiting for a couple of people and I'll be ready to leave. I have some supplies in the Inn to take with us and I have spoken to Robert. He has been made aware of alot of the towns people leaving and I've asked him to help make sure the town is secure and asked if he could look out for and collect any trade that comes into town.

*To Corbyn*
One can only hope so. We'll need to coordinate our efforts to be most effective.

*As Quetzel leaves*
Is there any more information you can give us about the weapon or the lands? And it may make most sense for you to stay behind and coordinate with Robert, your magic may be needed to protect the town.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!