Derbyshire Ren Faire in Muskegon

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Derbyshire Ren Faire in Muskegon

Post by Lambic »

Derbyshire Ren Faire

It will take place on June 17-18 & 24-25. This is its first year. Last I knew they were still looking for volunteers to play street characters. I am not actually involved with it, but I know some people who are. They are looking for more historical characters rather than fantasy.

Ren on the Run, the company that is producing it, also produces a Ren Faire in Marshal, MI, if you've ever been there, maybe you could share what its like. I've never been.

I am excited that we've got this in Muskegon.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Yeah, I just heard about it from some folks.

I'm not much into historical renassance...I mean, those were some crappy times, no matter how much we like to romatically brush off the bad stuff. Anyways, I might make it to this one, since it's local and I could get home in time for work.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kittien »

need more info.
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

What info do you need?

We're not talking Historical Reinactiment exactly. They just don't want elves and fairies fighting trolls :) . And for the volunteers they want characters that don't people in obviously Tolkien costumes and such. Silverleaf is much the same way.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Sounds like it could be fun - cetainly am interested. But more info like times to be there, what exactly is expected of us, and compensations must be had.

If it's just something like 'attend in an acceptable costume and get in free', yeah I'd love to go. If it's 'you must attend 600 rehersals that start at 3 AM in Siberia and donate a kidney to the Ren Faire Organ Pool', I'll have to pass.
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Well they haven't gotten back to me. So at this moment I would suggest people contact them individually. Mostly I am just advertising to you guys because I thought you would be interested.
Kittien
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kittien »

Is there a web page. or something? what would they need people to do as volunteers?
Death will walk with me before the day is done!
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

There's a link in the first post. The volunteer application does give a good idea of what they're looking for.

Heh heh. Front gate duty may suit me well! :D
Death is the threshold to immense possibility