Party! nuf said.

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Party! nuf said.

Post by Todd »

A copy (only cause I dont wanna claim there my words when someone elses name is on em. Its a legit Invitation thought. :D
The second annual CARPS winter party is coming up and I figured folks would like some details. So here they are:

Date:
January 27-29

The Lodge at Bertha Brock park (same location as game)

Cost:
15$ per person, or 25$ for a couple

Menu:
Apple Cider Roasted Ham
Scalloped Potatoes
Buttered Corn
Fresh Rolls
Fresh Salad
Veggies and dip
Cheese, crackers, and meats
Various drinks

I will try and provide some booze, but if you are picky or require particular varieties dont count on me having it. If you dont really care...then hopefully you will be covered.

Much like last year we will try our best to have music for dancing, snow/ice for midnight sledding, plenty of firewood for warmth, and an all around good time.

I will be arriving sometime on friday night, anyone who wishes is welcome to join us for hanging out and a fun lil pre-party to the party.

If you know you will be attending please post here letting me know how many of you their are (no your multiple personalities dont count....unless maybe they cause you to eat more) so I can start picking up food and making plans.

Thanks,
Evan
Come one, come all!! Hope to see you there.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Does the party really go 3 days?? Or, just the friday?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

The party is actually on Saturday and everyone goes home on Sunday. If you want to come out to hang out and help setup and such, then show up on Friday. ;-)
Onimaster wrote:Does the party really go 3 days?? Or, just the friday?
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

FIRE!

Post by Torakhan »

Need a firetender? ;)

How much wood is being ordered?
I think November's game was a full Cord (3 truckloads), and we used it all (and it wasn't below freezing).

Do we need to pitch in $ for firewood too?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

Firetender would be great.

No, you will not need to pitch in $ for firewood. If you are able to provide firewood I would greatly appreciate if you would. We will make sure to have enough firewood on hand, or will order it friday night upon arriving if it does not appear that we have enough.

Thanks,
Evan
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Alendark wrote:. We will make sure to have enough firewood on hand, or will order it friday night upon arriving if it does not appear that we have enough.
The guy we (rather, Tim) ordered the wood from before only did the firewood as a side business and it took time to load the wood onto the truck... basicly he needed to know ahead of time.
I think it was over $120/full cord with delivery and that was the better deal.
Somewhere we have the phone # if you need it.

Who's bringing the first wood, do you know, or are we presuming that there will be left-over wood there again from the previous (maybe us?) people who used it?

We left a Chord (one truck bed load) at the building when we left.
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

It'll be ordered. We burned every little scrap at CARPs Dec event. Any closer and they'd have been missing picnic tables. :D
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

I have already contact the park...the entire lean-to next to the lodge is full of wood, and some is piled inside by each fireplace as well as some piled inside under the stairs.

So we will definately have enough for Friday, Saturday remains to be seen but once I arrive I can get a better idea. Temperatures are supposed to be in the mid 30-'s to 40's as well....so we may not need a ton of firewood. I will also have the kitchen going most of the day, and at least one person is bringing a 30,000 BTU torpedo heater.

All in all...warmth should not be an issue. :)

If it becomes on...we will have enough alcohol on hand that we can get you so drunk you wont feel the cold till morning anyway. :)
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Got Wood?

Post by Torakhan »

Heh.. okay.
Yeah, at November we went through that lean-to full of wood and it was only in the 30-40's (and Saturday was pretty frakking warm too). But okies.. whee.

I plan on being there around 4-ish if I can get there. I'll bring starter-logs and such (damn, those were really nice in November).
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

I will not be arriving till around 6 or 7 on Friday night, but anyone who is interested can arrive before that we have someone showing up earlier in the day friday to get fires started so it wont be freezing cold.

Evan
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

FIRE!

Post by Torakhan »

It's my every intent to have the place nice and cozy warm before most people show up on Friday. If there are others willing to show up earlier, I could be bere as early as 2pm or so... Hmmm.. What time do reservations for that building start? I could have music playing and fires going as people arrive. :D
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Most people will be showing up Sat right? I myself will probably be late. I have to work Sat till like 8:30 may not be at the party till 10 if not later, if I can still make it.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Daku of the North
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

In garb?

Post by Daku of the North »

Hey is this in grab or not? Olan and I would like to know ahead of time...

thanks
"Unlesss you're cooking, baking, or eating, get the heeeellll outta my kitchen!" ~ Jasmine, August event
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Garb Party?

Post by Torakhan »

Ummm.. as far as I'm aware, nope.
This is just a general party of folks who are part of the LARP.
Now, if you really want to bring your costume and wear it, I'm sure it won't be discouraged too much, but it's really just folks getting together and having fun.

However, if I'm wrong, I hope someone corrects me.
Last year I don't remember there being Garb, but then again it was the first time there after Brighton... sooooo.. *shrugs*

However, it looks like there will be no drunken sledding this year (unless folks are too drunk to realize that there is no snow...).

Also, there is fee.. (to pay for booze and food) $25/each or $35 for couples (so I hear, but haven't seen).
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Oops.

Post by Torakhan »

Okay, so I was being lazy about the price thing... apparently (stated above) it's only $15/person and $25/couple.

But as for the costumes... I guess bring 'em if you want, but don't expect to have to wear them unless you want to. ^.^

Also, I will be bringing my speaker system (6 channel type.. with the smallish, but decent speakers) and a DVD player (to play MP3's and CDs). I'll have cables for a laptop if someone wants to plug that in for it too... but I won't (shouldn't, at least) have a TV in case we get so bored without sledding.. *snerks*