O Come ye Merry Havenites!

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

O Come ye Merry Havenites!

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

In celebration of the season, some of us have proposed getting together in the Muskegon/Grand Haven area and doing a bit of caroling.

The rough plan is a follows:

Meet up Friday, December 16th at around 7:00pm for dinner and discuss songs. Sing a bit, go over a few things, get ourselves together.

Go out on Saturday, December 17th around noon and spread some holiday cheer. We're thinking about hitting some folks who could use some cheering, such as the ill and elderly. Matt (Onimaster) may be providing us with a list of Habitat for Humanity families who might benefit from a little Chrismahanakwanzaka goodwill.

Random neighborhoods, downtown streetcorners, and groups of frightened tourists all present caroling possibilites.

All are welcome to attend. Singing skill or ability is not required. :D
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Sounds fun...

Would do this but Dec. 17th is the big moving day.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

I would happily attend, but I was recently informed that I'm most likely not going to be in the area come the 17th, for the Christmas with the people and the other things. If I happen to be around, you can pretty much count on seeing me.

Good luck wandering around out in the snow, don't scare anyone too
badly.

Oh, and one more thing: I think it'd be hillarious to go caroling in costume. Just a thought.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Re: O Come ye Merry Havenites!

Post by Torakhan »

Donovan Thynedar wrote:Meet up Friday, December 16th at around 7:00pm for dinner and discuss songs. Sing a bit, go over a few things, get ourselves together.
Um, meet up where? Restarant, or someone's home?
While Olive Garden has the nice "Family" table, I haven't been too impressed with the food/service the last, 3 times we've been there... but that's just my $0.02.

I'm in, btw.

It'll be interesting too, the 3 schools of singers we may have Chamber/Casual/Unskilled. ^.^

Should we dress In Character? ;)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

I don't think we need to go in character, though that would be interesting...

I've run into a bit of a time crunch on Friday, so it looks like our Friday meeting may have to get pushed back to Saturday afternoon. Now I'm thining lunch at a restaraunt followed by caroling. I'll print out a bunch of song lyrics for everyone.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

Where would we be meeting?
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Caroling Saturday

Post by Torakhan »

Shoot. I just remembered that I've got Katie's graduation party on Saturday... I'll be unavailable between 3:30 and probably 8pm. :( damn. Well, maybe I can just sing over Nextel 2-2ay. :lol: Hey, and I don't get to go to Mongo that often. ^.^ Dinner there starts at 4:30 and will probably last an hour or two, then drive back... so I hope to be back around, um.. 7 or 8?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Caroling Saturday

Post by Onimaster »

Torakhan wrote:Shoot. I just remembered that I've got Katie's graduation party on Saturday... I'll be unavailable between 3:30 and probably 8pm. :( damn. Well, maybe I can just sing over Nextel 2-2ay. :lol: Hey, and I don't get to go to Mongo that often. ^.^ Dinner there starts at 4:30 and will probably last an hour or two, then drive back... so I hope to be back around, um.. 7 or 8?
Yeah, I've got that too. lol.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Well... Just throwing this out - does Sunday work better for people?

EDIT ADD ON: JJ, meeting place has yet to be determined. Likely someone's home or a restaurant.
Last edited by Donovan Thynedar on Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

Sunday always works better for me
deceased
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Tomorrow is my Katie's Birthday (Friday) and her party is going to be on Sunday. Other than that, I'd love to go caroling.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I'm free sunday too. It might work better for me.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I have a 1:00 movie and dinner with my folks Sunday, but other than that I should be free. Don't have to work this sunday, wow.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.