The Forum.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Amagus barks an abrupt laugh.

“Narnian? Back again? How does that clever bastard do it? What evidence have you that the Dutchess's child has been... tampered with, and that Narnian is involved?”
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Much of the evidence that my child is infected with some essence from the pit comes primarily from our dragon benefactor, Lady Corel. Through her and our sages, we have determined that the child's body now houses two essences-the original and the one released from the vial found in the Pit of Creation. Corel gave the Duchess and I much hope when she informed me that it was possible to separate the two and save my son, but she was unsure of the means. As to whether or not it is Narnian, I have no direct evidence, save the lore of some who have encountered him or tales of him before, and believe that he was dealt with long ago by imprisonment in a receptacle that was hurled into the pit.

Do not forget the spatial changes we have observed recently. Our arrival on Malcolm's lands, the movement of the fishing village...I believe they must be linked to the temporal. They appear to have subsided to some degree, and hopefully will stop, but I fear we will need rigorous study to determine if there is something that must be done to correct this situation.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Corbyn*

I have further questions along these lines, but honestly luv, don't want to get into it in front of so many folks.

And yes the shiftin' of things around has brought all sorts of interstin' new developments.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum nods to Corbyn and moves to Donovan and whispers something in his ear and claps him on the shoulder with a wry smile. He then moves over to Corbyn*

Shall we?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Indeed, Atrum. Let us step into my private chambers and discuss the matters on which I have no doubt we shall reach an accord.

*Corbyn pauses as he rises from his seat and clasps Donovan on the shoulder while meeting the gaze of all those assembled who have fought and bled for the people of Haven over the past few years. He speaks quietly, almost to himself, before moving from the group.*

This could be the greatest day in the history of our community...
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

*A cold draft follows Olan as he walks in from the cold. He approaches Amagus, whispers something in a low tone to the wizened old man, and leaves as quickly as he came.*
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan notes the extended silence, as well as the departure of Corbyn and Atrum.*

"Well, my friends, it appears that this gathering has reached its conclusion. I appreciate all of the questions asked and answered, and am grateful to all who were in attendance. I am sure we will meet like this again soon."

"Any who wish to speak with me privately are welcome to do so."

*Donovan then gathers his belongings and retires to his office.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.