Into the Dragon's Den

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Dallid
Deceased

Into the Dragon's Den

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid addresses the adventurers present outside the Inn.*

“Corel has revealed to us the location of one of the Evil Dragon’s fortresses – one he has used in the ancient past to store and protect objects of great value. Thus the chance exists that Ulie, the Gnome hosting the Aspect of Creation - captured by the Evil Dragon and pressed into his service -a possession of which he gloated before Corel, may well be there.”

“This fortress lies a half-day’s journey to the South-West. Its entrance appears from the outside as an ordinary cave, but this cave soon opens onto a vast stronghold.”

“I know nothing more of this fortress then what I have stated here. I’d expect defenses – traps, Abysmals, intricate locks, and whatever else a Dragon might see fit to guard things of import. We must be ready for anything.”

“Who then volunteers for this quest?”
Last edited by Dallid on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

As her Lady Corel has asked of me, I will aid you in seeking out this aspect and securing it.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

*Emerging from the tree line Claude drops his mostly empty traveling pack with a sigh. What skin is visible from under his mask and cloak is pale and unhealthy looking, while a tight bandage is wrapped around his abdomen. Hefting his zweihander to his shoulder he nods to Dallid*

By your leave Dallid I would join this group if you would have me. It sounds as if my curse may serve us well in this instance. I have been a meat shield in the past and shall do so now if you feel you can trust me.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Nods to Val*

“I expected as much from one so devoted to our beloved Phantara, and so does Phantara benefit from such devotion.”

*Dallid watches Claude for a few seconds before speaking*

“I would be glad to have your aid, and willingly accept it. But I am curious - would you be willing to reveal why this service is offered?”
Last edited by Dallid on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun stepped forward, "I do not know that I shall go with thee on thy errend, I must think on it ere I make so great a committment. However, perhaps I might offer my services in other ways. It may be that the Mists may be parted before Sight to reveal what possible trials await thee. If thou wouldst have it, I would be willing to See what there is to See of the path before thee."
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

*Nodding to Dallid, Claude smiles a small, sad grin*

I have rededicated what life I have left to the Code of the Phoenix, it shall be my guide and with it maybe I can regain a semblance of the man I used to be. While the outcome of gathering these Aspects has yet to be determined, one thing is certain... wrongs have been commited, and good men will go forward to right these wrongs. Good men who may very well die fighting Abysmals and attempting to thwart heinous traps...

Why send good men to die when you can send an undying monster...
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

*Delayne approaches, looking pale and speaking quietly.*

"Lady Corel is my lady. My loyalty is hers without question. I am afraid, but I wish to help, in any way I can.*
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

*Drake steps forward*

"Traps, Abysmals, locks, puzzles, and anything else an Evil dragon might throw at us? Sounds like my kind a place."

*Drake turns to Dallid*

"And you better believe that Kels will be coming with us too."
Drakelenas Elderich
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Notices the group of people gather aroud Dallid, Kidwynn quietly move towards the group.*

So rough odds eh?

Need an extra scout or sword?

*Looks over Claude carefully*

I heard your statement and you are far from a monster.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

*Turning to Kidwynn*

I appreciate your words but I suggest you delay your decision a bit longer. I understand some insights have been made as to my affliction and I may soon begin to degenerate. I shall perform whatever good I can before that time, but once it begins... *shrug* Perhaps I can be chained, used as a dog of war to clear out caves or some such...
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn look at Claude, here gaze still a bit lost.*

I knew what I was sayin'. I've known a monster or two before. There is creature and there is monster.

*Gives him a reassuring glance.*

Try not to think about the chains just let, but if you deem they become necessary then I'll craft you the best ones that my abilities will allow.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Comes out of the Inn in full armor, with both short swords strapped to his hips, the bastard sword slung in it's spot on his back, and the nangato in hand*

What, you didn't think you were gonna go dragon hunting without a Draconus did you?

*Laughs abit and then lounges while checking straps and puches and such*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*The pirate girl cracks a smile.*

Nice to see your Atrum and nicely time enterance.
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo walks in looks around and listin for a moment. Than he goes up to his bed-roll and gets his armor. At this point he looks at Dallid an in his rasping voice.*

"I ssshall goess with you oh Horned-One, that isss if you have need of me. For I know of the ssserpant of freather and fire."

*at this point pugo finishes placing his armor on han walks down near the others. With axe and sheild in hand awaiting Dallids reply.*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Looks to Vaun*

“Corel, herself, could tell us nothing more of our destination, for some such things are blocked from her. But perhaps such obstacles are focused entirely against her, and another may yet find revelation through means unwatched.”

“Yes, I would ask for such aid. Please scry the mists and seek access to the Dragon’s sancuary. Whether or no Ulie is there is of greatest concern, but such information is the most likely guarded. As before when dealing with Dragons, any glimpse revealed can prove of incalcuable value.

*To Claude*
“Though withering in Darkness, you follow the Phoenix. This is excellent news, for the Phoenix journeys toward the Light. May it and you find it safely, and its illumination reveal unto you no monster. “

*To Delayne*
“We travel into the unknown, and in so doing are all who accompany useful and welcome. Have courage, for your purpose could not be more righteous. Phantara depends upon our success.”

*To Drake*
"You and Kels have pursued the Aspects since Corel first requested such from Haven. I'd believe nothing else."

*To Kidwynn*
"Past, present, future - your aid is always valuable. We would be glad to have you."

*To Pugo*
"Yes, there is need. You have my thanks for being ready and willing to meet it. Our destiny improves with your presence."
Last edited by Dallid on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.