Ideas and Questiosn from the Event

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Ideas and Questiosn from the Event

Post by Nelkie »

1. What does it take to reattach a limb (Arm, leg, head) to a dead body and bring that person back to life?

2. Is it to easy to bring people back to life with out risk of permentaly dying? Does it take to long to bring a person back to life? How many people did we permental loose this session? Should it be harder for people to come back from the dead?

My feel is that there is very little risk of not being brought back if one dies. It is hard to bring back a person becasue you need so many people and potions, but it is easly being done now. We had about 12 people or more brought back from death this event, and the only really hard ones was when they have lost there head. An idea was to increase the amount of negatives a person come back in when they are brought back from the dead. Currently they come back at -15 which only takes a master healer and 2 cure light wounds potion. If the negatives where increased to -18, it would take a master healer, 2 curelight wound ( 2 life potions), or the drawing of chips from the surgery bag upto 6 times if potions are not avialbe. Note: there are only a possible 9 good chips in the surgery bag, and if you draw the red chip, you are permently dead.
You could even go up to -20 which would require a master healer and 2 cure 3 potions, drawing of chips from the bag 8 of them, a empath to heal, or a mixture of all 3. It still can be done, but at a cost and with alot of help.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

This is what I had suggested to Chris (-20 instead of -15 and lower the time by a bunch), however I am also trying to think of ways to make it more...."interesting". Because right now you CAN do this with no risk at -20 if you have the right potions/arcane spell/empath/healer/etc. What if we made it a base of -20 and + one more point into the negatives per hour dead (or some such).
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

There was some confusion about this at the last event, but I checked the rules and they clearly state, at least when the empath is involved, that the person comes back at -20. Here is the quote from the book.

The Empath can bring the dead back to life. This power can only be used on a person who has been dead for 30 minutes or less. It takes one hour to complete this spell and brings the person back to negative 20 life. The Empath may use one other (and only one) person's life force in this spell by channeling the life force out of them and giving it to the dead person. For every point in negatives you bring the donor, it increases the recipient’s life by 1. To resurrect a character a COMPLETE functioning body must be present. You cannot for example resurrect a leg.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Hmm, how's -25 and 15 minutes sound?
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

I'm willing to bet that we were thinking about -15 because of spirit fire.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Right now, you have to have A complete body, a potion, an empath, and an Arcane if they have been dead longer than 30 minutes. They then come back at -20. You can also bring a willing participant to -10 so the target of the empath res comes back at -10.

To make death scarier, I think we need to ditch the last part of the empath res and say the target comes back at -20 period. However, I then think we need to lower the time it takes the empath to do the res thing by about half. I think the empath should only be able to res someone who has been dead 15 minutes or less.

I also think Summon Essence should only work on the person's body, not a different body (like reincarnation). This will make things a bit more scary as well.

Finally, I think if there is a botched surgery after an empath res, the target should be dead for good.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Doesn't surgery say that anyways?
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Nope, guess it doesn't. Maybe it did under the old rules?
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Ideas and Questiosn from the Event

Post by Lambic »

Nelkie wrote:? How many people did we permental loose this session?
I believe one PC was permanently lost.

(not counting the statue)
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

And that 1 PC was permanently lost ONLY because he requested ahead of time in character -not- to be resurrected should he fall in battle...
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I think the 30 minutes for the empath is fine. I think the empath part of the rite should be half hour not 1 hour since this still means you need 1 empath per dead person.

Remove the bringing along a willing participant part so the person must be at neg 20.

Then according to the statititions neg 20 should be enough to create perma death in the game.

Personally you guys are a bit stick jock happy and need a couple deaths to slow down. HEHE
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

-20 and no bring someone else down would increase death quite a bit. ew...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

I would like to see an addendum to surgury added in the case that a person has died more than once. In this case, for every time that you have died and been brought back, you increase the number of red chips in the bag equal to the times you have died.

ex: Joe has died 4 times in the last 2 events. There is a base of 1 red chip at least in a healer's bag. However, because this is Joe's 4th death, 4 more red chips have been added to the bag. Now there are 5 red and 5 white chips. Thus, there is a 50/50 chance that Joe's not coming back this time, because his body simply cannot take the trauma of all of these deaths.

I think this will REALLY make people think, because it makes the probable number of times that you can come back finite, and raises the statistical probability that you won't each time you die.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

I'm kinda in favor of having a pull from the bag no matter what. Reflect the fact that no matter how prepared and skilled you are, this is death you're dealing with and sh!t happens.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

We used to use the same system with the caveat that there is always 1 white chip at a minimum... some remote chance each time.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)