Ideas and Questiosn from the Event

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Robert does have the prerequisite "stick up the ass". Yeah, he could be a paladin. :D

Aw hell, I must just be bitter that Vince sent us to "rescue" Robert and instead got us chewed on by a Doom Worm. Yeah, thats it. :wink:
Last edited by Claude du Sinjin on Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Rescue Robert?? LOL He wasnt anywhere near the doom worm.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

I know... trust me, I know. But thats what we were told and why we were in there. And that's why I blame Vince. What good is detecting lies if ya don't use it. *sigh*
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Muhauhhuhauaha
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Oh, I don't know about morals being lax...when we were being "questioned" by the Gavin about the people of Haven who were rezz'ed in Gavin bodies, I thought they were well within their rights to be upset and even to demand the body back.

As far as I know, as far as the town laws go, it's illegal to kill something for the purpose of ressurecting someone else in it's body. Now, granted, it's hard to tell if someone has done this when they just come back to town with a dead body...
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Which is exactly the problem... we also have an issue with sending "hotheads" out on body collection detail. Individuals who are known to "kill first, ask questions later". And yet for some reason, noone really has an issue with killing lets say a dark elf, and shoving their buddy Habib in that body. Never mind that Habib hates dark elves, Habib is alive.

Now imagine that the dark elves are pissed that some Havenite looking like their buddy Sam is walking around being called Habib. "Well screw that!" they say and sneak into the village one evening. While in the village, Mikael the farmer sees dark elves, attacks, and is killed in 3.4 seconds. The dark elves grab that corpse of Mikael (who just attacked them), performs their ritual, and shoves Sam into Mikaels old body.

Its at this point your average individual gets pissed. "What do you mean that the indiginous races get offended when we use them as cattle and then perform the same acts that we do!! That's Bullsh@t!!!!" So yeah, what I'm saying is we need to rethink our policies about whacking people to rez our friends.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Yeah, kind of insulting to those of us trying to play good guys. ‘Good’ is a relative term. Dallid is against rezzing in any form, seeing it as against the laws of nature. But when someone is rezzed, Dallid will heal them up to full life, as he’d see just letting them die again as ‘evil’. Thus he’ll currently take part in rezzing rituals (though he WON’T take part in the rituals if healing becomes the first step – Dallid doesn’t work with dead things). Likewise, should he see Drugger attacking people because they were conducting a rez, he’d consider Drugger ‘evil’ for committing violence when no lives were in danger.

Dallid doesn’t try to disrupt rezzing rituals, himself, because, though he’ll try to impart his ideals on others, he’ll never force his will on others, save in defending a life.

Most people I think are unaware of the efforts to kill people to obtain bodies for rezzing until after the fact. Once you see someone walking around in a new body, there's not a whole lot that can be done about it.

There are A LOT of good guys in Haven who devotely follow their own moral code.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh dugger wouldnt disrupt the rite..he would kill the undead fool inhabiting a body
Chris
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Ah, ha! But he's not undead! :P
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I wasn't trying to insult anybody playing a good guy at FH, I just don't see any paladin-like PC's. Dallid and a few others are without a doubt good guys. Robert would definitely be a paladin.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I thought I poseted to Dallids comment

You don think a spirit possessing another person's body is evil and not sounding a bit undeadish????

You dont think that after a person is brought back via a rez and you healing them is not assisting in the breaking of the circle??
Chris
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Aren't most people living by deffinition "Un-dead"? Killing everyone is the only recourse...
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

no.

Post by cole45 »

un·dead Audio pronunciation of "undead" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-dd)
adj.

No longer living but supernaturally animated, as a zombie.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Exactly!

Right now you reincarnate a person it isnt like they get a new body, they posses another body. You people are sucked into symantects.

What if I changed the spell name from reincarnate to um lets say Demon Possession or spirit of the litch?? Would that turn the spell to an undead spell???

Maybe I will advocate the raise dead spell be an add on to the create undead spell or better put an add on to the hint of former self. HEHE
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Banish

Post by cole45 »

Body snatching is definiatlety Necro. Raising the dead straight, Probably as well. But the straight rez is better than a body snatch.

Hey, if you add it on to the create undead spell does that mean Chargoth gets to Banish rezzed beings? Or bady snatched beings?
Travis Cole