In the Inn

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

In the Inn

Post by GM-Mike »

Huddled in the inn is a rather large group of peole at this point. Haybert stands by himself in the corner, staring out through the window, eyes glazed over, a distant look on his face. The children (and I cannot seem to remember if I ever gave a number nor have I found it in past threads, so we will just make it a dozen) are scattered throughout the inn, playing a variety of games. Their mother, whose name by now you would have gathered is Dazaril, is doing all she can to keep the kids from getting too near the large hole in the inn. The other woman, who you figure is her sister, named Pabbi--you think this is a nickname, is helping but seems clearly flustered since the arrival of Dazaril's husband, Thail. Finally, Argyle sits on a bench, resting his head in his hands, clearly tired. Occasional whispers by the adults about being upset to be near the hole down which the druid lives is always cut short by the icy glaze of Dazaril, intent on keeping her children happy.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

My friends

Post by Nelkie »

* Arthos after finishing his conversation with the merchant comes down to the Inn. Walking in he reads the situation and pleasently walks to one of the ladies helping with the children*

I see you have your hands busy keeping the children from this hole. It will take some time to get it repaired, so what do you think of this suggestion. Would you like to come up to the guild of light and rest for some time and have some warm food? You are welcome and can go at any time. I know lady Aliva would be delited to have such lovely children around. There is some games in the hall you can play while you wait. The constable wants to make sure the danger has pasted before your are can go back to your home.

*Smiles*, what do you think?
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Dazaril looks at Arthos and smiles warmly. "Thank-you sir, that would be much appreciated."

After much work, she gathers all the children together and they and the other adults follow you to the guild hall. Thail brings up the rear, slowly limping after the party. Everyone arrives safely and Dazaril, for the first time, takes a brief seat on a bench, clearly thankful for the rest.

Thail and Pabbi remain outside, requesting they be allowed the fresh air while they wait.
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok wanders up the hill towards the Guild of Light bundled in tons of furs and a tattered cloak.* (This is the first time you have seen her in some moons) *She hollers around for the usual people then makes her way to the cabin, smiling a stupid toothy grin at the two standing outside*

"It cold out here, you crazy? Why you not go in? Dey got stupid trap again?"

*Grok calls into the cabin*

"Artos...? Eli...? Little girl...? You in der?"

*Grok waits for a response*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos nods accent to the two standing out side*

Come on in when you are ready and have some dinner and sit by the fire to warm up. The door open to you.

*Arthos hearing Grok opens the doors and with a smile welcome Grok inside*

Come on in and warm yourself by the fire. It's been some time since you have been in town. Have some dinner with us and share your stories of your travels and we will get you updated on what has been going on in town.

*Arthos tells Grok of all the happening that can be found on the forums*
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thail and Pabbi take a noticeable step backward when Grok speaks to them. With a shaky voice, Thail responds, "Just a bit crowded in there is all and we wanted a bit of fresh air." When Arthos invites Grok inside, under his breath, barely audible he adds, "And about to get a bit too crowded it seems."

Pabbi stands by, silently.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*Until Kabre is called to some meeting/rally, or Donovan instructs otherwise, he starts hauling dirt from any nearby area that has any loose soil (perhaps the mound from that pit trap the GOL dug) and filling in the hole. If time permits, and he is able to finish (welcoming any help) he'll repair the floor (if possible).
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*Curufin will help Kabre with the hole in the floor problem, seeing how it is probably eerie enough to have sleepless nights.*

"Ready to get your hands dirty?"
Lost my train of thought.....
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok tries to listen to Arthos, but after about two minutes it is obvious that he has lost her attention as she looks around at all that is taking place in the Guild of Light.

After several more minutes of Arthos talking to himself, Grok looks back at him and says:*

"Huh? You make my head hurt. You tell me short what happen..."
Brikal Farside
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brikal Farside »

*coming back inside after having run back and forth outside the inn, Brik steal a piece of paper and writing utensil from Valane and sits busily scratching on it*

hmm... need to talk to Donovan.....

*sits for sometime scratching on the paper*
Good.... Bad.... I'm the guy with the crossbow.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Striding in the door, dusting his hands off.*

"What's that, Brik? Did you need to talk to me?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

<oog: if it's not to late to wind back a post -- before donovan walks in...>

*Upon walking back into the inn with a load of dirt in a crudely devised carrying device, Kabre notices Brik sitting on his ass -- and says, half-joking...*

Hey! If you're quite finished with your cross-rune puzzle, Curufin and I could use a hand! What in the hell are you doing?
Brikal Farside
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brikal Farside »

*to kabre*
I'm doing a tactical workup of the area.... I'll help you when I can...

*to donovan*
This is the beginnings of the tunnel system map I spoke to you about. So far, I have only the tunnels that we went into before you and Haybert showed up.

This is the inn and the other two guildhouses... This is bear's original, now abandoned lair...

*indicates the pertinent figures on his paper*

This is where Argyle and the girl were found... and this is the direction you came from with Haybert. If you could fill in as much as you remember back to the prison.... or maybe...

*speaks up*

Excuse, Haybert. The constable and I could use your help. You may have vital information that could help us defend against Bear. Please, have a look at this....

*to donovan*
I've yet to talk to Azara, I'd like her to mark where she followed trails. And we'll need to speak to the girl; having actually seen the druid, she may know much more about the tunnels....
Good.... Bad.... I'm the guy with the crossbow.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*To Brikal*

"From what I remember, it was a pretty straight shot from the cell block where I was kept to the tunnel where we met up with the others. We passed through a room with some plants on either side of a narrow path, and tunnel was on an incline, but I don't remember any major turns until after we met up with the others."

*Given the info I've got as of current, that's all I know. If the GM's can provide more detailed data, please do so.*

"Haybert and Argyle may know more, so you are free to confer with them at your lesiure. I haven't seen the girl since we left her at the Guild of Light's Hall. Azara is likely to be there as well, so take Drake and go finish your map."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok looks around at all of the people in the Inn, annoyed at being ignored she mumbles something in a gruff voice and storms out of the Inn, up towards the Guild of Light hall...*