A good harvest

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Trevor Owen
GM

A good harvest

Post by Trevor Owen »

<Dar Barleyman> You know Cal, I just think this may turn out to be a good harvest. We haven't had too many bandits around, and the scarecrows have been keeping most of the rodents out of the fields. We just might have enough food after the second harvest comes in to get everyone through the winter, maybe even a bit for trade.

<Cal Oatman> Don't go talkin like ha until the grain is ground my friend. We lost half the people we had to feed already this year protectin us, and if another bandit hoard like that comes snoopin around there ain't hardly any soldiers left.

<Dar> Just trying to look on the bright side.

<Cal> Well stop it. Just be thankful there is a bright side and keep yer trap shut.
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

*Kaletheri (OOG Note: The one who scared the living HELL out of the farmers a few months back) steps out of the Inn and stands behind the two farmers, then begins speaking like a snake.*

Ssssssecretsss....ssssecretsss can be harmful. Sssssssecretsss lie upon zee pathhh of darknesssss...
Pentaguishine
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*A young Valkin'Vi follows him out, standing a short distance away, head tilted to one side, features set in confusion. Then looks further puzzled at his behavior towards the farmers, and tries to catch his eye.*
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

*Kale notices her standing out of the corner of his eye*

*Kale cocks his head a bit, winks, and blows a kiss, then scampers up the hill, alone*
Pentaguishine
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Eilonwy stares after him, and finally a rosiness shades the porcelain cheeks. Sighs in resigned bemusement, and takes out a flute to play a spritely harvest melody for the farmers.*
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

*From the edge of the woods, Eilonwy can catch a glimpse of the young scout. From the manner in which Azara is looking at her, it is as though she just came outside to make certain Eilonwy is safe.*
Trevor Owen
GM

too strange

Post by Trevor Owen »

<Cal> You know, I wish there were some more soldiers around now. I mean, the militia is nice an all, but at least with soldiers around you could have someone kill off nutters like that one. I still think its possessed.

Well maybe I can find a triad of Caveliers in the next fortnight or so to take care of him. If I have one more goat turn up missing I know it'll be about time for a lynching. Well maybe not, but at least time to roust out the militia.

Have a good night, I'm going home before any more nuts come out of that building. Now I know why I stopped drinking there.
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

*Kale comes out of the woods from the other side of the fire from whence he left.*

*He looks over at Cal*

Soldiers? I am a former Soldier. I have served in wartime.

*He moves his face close to Cals*

BOO!
Pentaguishine
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Eilonwy's face darkens. Speaking in a low, cynical voice:*

"I am not sure why thee are so bent on frightening people but I assure thee that there are plenty of things around to do that already...."

*Turns to Cal, face solemn, voice now soft and respectful.

"I cannot speak for nor understand his behavior. I hope you at least enjoyed this silly child's playing in honor of thy harvest for a moment, though I know music must seem frivolous in these times. Please know should any need arise, I would gladly lend my aid."
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

*Kaletheri sneers a bit*

'tis Harvest time Lllyahlonwy. 'tis when the ghouls and goblins come out to play. Things ye wish not to speak of, wish not to say. When they children do dress in the masks of yesterday.

What is there to be scared of so much to bereve? I'm just having a bit of fun to deceive. 'tis on the edge of All Hollow's Eve. If you truely wish it, I will leave.

But no harm was intended, twas just a bit of fun. A bit of a scare, with a bit of a pun. A trick or a treat, if you take it as one. If you scare this easily now, on the day of the Hollows you will scare a ton.

Offend I wish not. There is no great plot. I just took a shot. But it appears all for naught.

*Kale plops down on a log next to the fire*
Pentaguishine
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Sighs in exasperation, impish smile returning*

"I never said that I scared easily...The farmers have probably had enough of scares, however, even if they are for the crops."

*crosses arms, chin resting on one raised hand, smile widening mischievously*

"I have not heard one of our kind rhyme so in a long time. I am not offended. Do not take too seriously the admonishment of one who likes to play too much. Perhaps my tone misspoke for me? I merely wished to reassure our other company..."

"So what is this strange sound thee add to my name? It has a familiar ring to it..."
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Strange sound?

(OOG: For pronounciation's sake that was:

Liii - ahhh - lonwy)
Pentaguishine
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara moves closer to the fire and away from the edge of the woods.*

Eilonwy, if ya do not mind perhaps ya could play a little travelin' music. There seems to be somethin' in the air, somethin' I think perhaps should be looked into.

Come daybreak I shall look into the area a wee bit. Make certain there is not a new foe lurkin' out in the wilderness.

I better talk to Atrium, for this pokin' around will keep me out of the area for a bit.
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Something strange in the air?

*Kale looks from side to side and up and down*

I see nothing, but then, I am not an expert on these things. I know a Witch Hunter, would you like me to fetch one?
Pentaguishine
Azara Blackhawk

What in world be a Witch-Hunter?

Sounds like a bunch of oggly-boogily talk to me. What would one of those things hunt? And what does one look like?