A Large Man in an Elven Robe...

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

What do you think of this man?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:59 pm

He is a dumb guy who would sit outside town when there is an Inn.
8%
Robes? Who wears robes? Hes gotta be a Fey.
No votes
Large man? Elf robes? So whats covering the other leg?
33%
Why is there pole here?
33%
Its gotta be a trick, Hes an oger mage right?
25%

Total votes: 12
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*She glares at him*

Again you insult me for doin' nothing more then guarding the surroundings. You have not seen the things we have seen or know things that some of us do.

*She looks at Robin and Varys*

Perhaps before I ruin your meeting with the individual any further I should leave and find Incarius. I appologize for interupting your discussion.

If you see Kels or Drake could you please let them know I have returned, at least for now.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan emerges from a trail some 50 yards away from the fire, seemingly intent on going into the Inn. The dark blue cloak he wears is worn from travel, and he moves at the steady pace of one who has been on the road for many days. His head turns in rhythm with his footsteps, constantly scanning the road ahead.*

*Upon seeing the people at the fire he gives a quick nod of greeting without breaking stride. A second later he stops mid-step and looks again at the assembled people. Changing direction, he approaches the fire. Despite his travels, he appears in good spirits and greets each of those he knows in turn.*

"Greetings Milady Robin, Magistrate Snow, Dallid, Kidwynn. I see we have some new arrivals. Care to introduce me?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*As Donovan enters during the time Kidwynn is taking her leave, she looks at him. Kidwynn's face is smeared in dirt as if she has been working hard at whever she has been. On her coat is some sort of dried slime.*

*She looks at him and nods her head.*

Lord Preceptor
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Notes the dirt and slime on the usually pristine pirate*

"Ah, Kidwynn. I take it your errand with Incarious was... arduous? I look forward to your report, but for the moment consider yourself relieved of duty. Get cleaned up and see what you can do to put a dent in this..."

*Produces a large bottle from his pack. It is crafted from a thick, brown glass and bears the reminants of a yellowed and ancient label.*

"That was found in a cellar that appeared without its house when the land shifted. If it's the same as the others that were labeled as such, I believe you'll find its contents to your taste."

*Regards the rest of the group, patiently waiting for someone to make introductions.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Farbarian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Farbarian »

*Seeing the man as large as he the man in robes rises*

Greetings stranger. You are welcome to our fire. *He glances at the faces around the fire* Obviously you are of some importance here in these lands. Care to tell me the secret of life? *Looks on patiently*
Jarl Garin
Master healer
Fear keeps you alive! Regret means your still alive.
Potion maker And Coward.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Fear within moderate levels is essential to survival. It promotes caution and alertness – prepares one for possible flight or fight. Without Fear, life would not be possible. It is Fear in excess that brings about darkness and destruction - and must be warded against. This day I have seen none display such. Their Fear is a boon, not a bane.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at the bottle and opens it, smelling the contents inside. She looks at Donovan.

I could give you a Claude a briefing in person after I clean up. Let us just say that things went on that were not pleasant and I found something I don't know if you are searching for or not.

*She looks at ihm confused.*

I figured Incarius would tell you all what happened before I returned since I stayed on a bit to help the people out and build a road.

*Looks around*

I assume people I have missed are on assignment somewhere?
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

"Oh, I'm sure Incarious would have briefed me if I'd given him the chance. I was away on an errand and, as you can see, have only just now returned."

*Waves his travel stained cloak. He has an open, genuine smile on his face, something that veterans of the Haven would regard as a rarity.*

"As for the people you're missing, I sent several of the Guard off on an assignment to find out what is happening to the land. They may not have returned just yet."

*Donovan raises a curious eyebrow at Dallid's comment on fear, but chooses to let it pass unquestioned. Excusing himself from the conversation with Kidwynn, he comes to stand a respectful distance away from the large newcomer.*

"Greetings to you as well, stranger. I thank you for the warmth of your fire and offer you what hospitality I can in these lands."

*He laughs a bit at the mention of his importance. His words are light and jovial.*

"Well, my importance is in dispute by some, but I am one of those lucky few who carry the joy of being responsible for this place. My name is Donovan Thynedar, and I won't burden you with the titles that make me 'important'. As for the secret of life, that's well above my pay grade, but I can give you a secret of life. All else being equal, life is about value. Life is precious, death is cheap. Treasure life until death can buy you something more valuable, and then get the most out of it."

"So, stranger, there's my drop of insight for the day. Might I know your name?"

*Glances at the other two newcomers*

"Or either of yours?"
Farbarian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Farbarian »

I Have avoided that question for some time now. Ones name can mean the deffrense between Freedom and incarceration, Life and death at times. May I offer what I have been called from civilized to the wilds and the waistes...I have been called may things the one constant is "Wanderer." I have found only one thing I wish to call the secret of life Movement, Moveing has kept me alive most of my life. Maybe You'll see what I mean in the days to come.
Jarl Garin
Master healer
Potion maker And Coward.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn waits for the stranger to talk and then looks at Donovan.*

Just to let you know, there might be an influx of rather large worms at the site of the old lake.

We ran into one and it was dealt with, but thought you would want to know 'bout it before the report.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin looked up at the darkening sky, and then back to the Wanderer. “Glad am I to hear that you find link with me. It is my hope to be a friend to all who mean well for the Haven. For those who don’t…” a soft smile crossed her lips and she left the implied hanging in the silence. She rose and placed a hand on Kidwynn’s forearm and looked back to him.

“This is my dear friend and loyal guardian. Without Kidwynn’s quick thinking and swift blade, good traveler, I and many others of this town would have been dead tenfold. She is a brave warrior and strong hearted woman. Do not mistake that for fear, it is not. You would know that if you knew her.” The blonde haired woman tilted her head to one side.

“Do not be quick to judge us, for you are new among us. This place changes one in unexpected ways. Diligence, awareness, caution, loyalty, and bravery in the face of impossible odds are the only things that keep us from the brink of oblivion.” A light came into her eyes, and that slow smile once more. “Stay, good man of the outlands, and you will see myths walk and horrors live. In Haven is the incarnation of that which is the very best and worst in Existence. Reserve judgment, you shall be glad that you did.”

Once more her jade eyes turned to the sky, and the notice that night was coming. She looked to Varys. “I should not be out after dark, it’s not safe. I don’t want my Lord Betrothed to worry.” She extended an arm for him to take, but turned to give the newcomer one last look and a bow.

“In the name of the Duke Corbyn, and myself, welcome to Haven. May you find that for which you are looking, or a place of respite along your continuing path.” With that, she turned with Varys and headed for the Inn, bowing to Donovan on the way.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Farbarian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Farbarian »

*Standing as she bows*

I'll hold my judgement as you request mylady. I'm sure you may have a better perspective then I. If you need someone to walk in the fore you have me.

*He bows deep as the robes will allow, Causing an amulet of some kind on a short chain to slip from his robes. He quickly tucks it back in.*

Travel safe, and may your fate be a good one.

*sniffs the air*

There is a storm comming, you town folk might want to head back in to town.

*He removes a tarp from the box and starts setting it up*
Jarl Garin
Master healer
Potion maker And Coward.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan glances at the sky and takes a deep breath. Closing his eyes, he seems to savor the feel of the wind across his face.*

"A storm indeed, good Wanderer, but nothing to be concerned about. I have always loved the storm..."

*He appears distant and wistful for a moment.*

"But alas, I have not danced in the rain for many moons. Perhaps I'll find the time to do so again, but right now other duties call me inside. Know that there is a place for you in Haven, should your movements be less distant for a time. Regardless, there's always a hot meal and a cold tankard to be had here for friends and friendly wanderers. Fare thee well!"

*Donovan bows to the Wanderer and his guests and jogs off in the direction of the Inn.*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Though I little mind the rain, failure to utilize such abundant shelter might well be considered foolish.

However, I would remain here with Varlen should he decide to relay his tale.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.