A Large Man in an Elven Robe...

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

What do you think of this man?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:59 pm

He is a dumb guy who would sit outside town when there is an Inn.
8%
Robes? Who wears robes? Hes gotta be a Fey.
No votes
Large man? Elf robes? So whats covering the other leg?
33%
Why is there pole here?
33%
Its gotta be a trick, Hes an oger mage right?
25%

Total votes: 12
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Varlen Kal'jura »

*As Dallid ask him to make clear his words. Valren seem to look into his bag for something but does not let his eye fall down as he talks.*

"I shall try and define it in this tongue. It was an order of men the were cursed to became that of the ages. They had once been a wisemen and seeker of lost knowledges. Their order of drawn together form every land in our kingdom. They were intrusted to keep the laws and the secert fo the ages. Form those of us who are not wrothy to see it. They were said to be mortal men up untill the time of the great raising stars. The raising Star was teh night that the fates came to our people and gave us cities, boats, temples, crafter of finer items, and the greatest treasure of them all our Empirer. They were the key in forging the five kingdoms into a nation of sages and warriors. It was there that the ol'jor o'lum came seeking a stone of power. It was those choice to be of the Eswashi that stood up and defeated them. But it was also them that were cursed to be the creatures of the ages. Some have the look of the star pony much like yourself. Some of them are of the great fire drakes, and some are of the mighty mountain yaks. They range in depiction but all were thought of as noble and wise. It was not meant as an insult to you noble Eswashi. If you would like I can tell you the tales of the Eswashi named Gaul Desota and how he had shown the children of the west a reason for wisdom over war. It is his teaching that I was trained in when I was a young boy in the sable of my Ka'lef's father."
That which we seek form without. Is what we seek form within. An if shall only be found once you understand yourself.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

That history is not my own, but I would gladly hear of Gaul Desota.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

*Nods to Dallid as he hears his request.*

"It would be and honor to bring that tale to this fire. Once everyone has come to a drink and their never have calmed down a bit."

*With that statement he looks right at Vary's awaiting his reply.*
That which we seek form without. Is what we seek form within. An if shall only be found once you understand yourself.
Varys Snow
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Varys Snow »

*Varys nods to Kidwinn and Dallid as they come by the fire, his stance and set not changing in the slightest while he waits for the stranger's name. He takes the offered bottle from Varlen and looks at it for a moment, then shakes his head as he realizes this is not the proper time for this. He looks to Varlen in apology as he hands it back to him.*

"Now may not be the time, my friend. Hold on to this for a little while longer for me. I am afraid I am working at this moment, and don't have the time for pleasure."

*To Kidwinn* "Nothing is wrong, no problems here. But I do appreciate the concern. Cap'n Steel just welcomed this stranger into our midst and I was informing him of our laws and that he might want to read them and find out where our customs and laws differ from his."

*While Varys looks at each person as he greets them, he stays standing and his eyes quickly travel back to the stranger sitting at the fire, never leaving him for more than a second.
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

*Valren looks around than take the bottle, with a heavy sigh. Than ask again the same question he asked earlier.*

"So how do your law affect me sence I am still an object owned by someone else by all rights? If anything that is a question I was gone to ask the Duke but it was nto the place nore the time too. So now I ask you who is the one that defines the laws here."
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Varys*

You know me and strangers, I don't trust them.

*Stands near everyone, but keeps her distance just paying attention to the conversation to see if there might be anything to be concerned over. At times she looks out into the woods as if both searching for something and searching for someone.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Varys Snow
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Varys Snow »

*Varys relaxes only slightly, nodding at Kidwynn, still keeping an eye on the stranger, waiting for him to respond. He thinks a moment after Varlen's question before he responds.*

"Well, Tunde, you are...in the service of...the Ka'lef. However, regardless of your status among your kind, you are still an individual in the eyes of the laws of Haven. If anyone breaks the laws against you, you can bring a case before the court and you will be the recipient of any compensation that may arise from the case. What you do with that compensation is totally outside the courts purview. Does this cover your question?"
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

*Valren nods as Vary's speaks than awaits his turn to speak.*

"It does but it does not at the same time. I am not a person so much as I am an object in the laws of our land. I am not a freeman like yourself or the Child of the East. So in this light you are not saying that slavery is forbidden or is not forbidden? I see where your laws around here are very lose and very savage. This is not meant as onfence Vary's it is apoint of note fomr where I came form. You know very well in those lands the law is the letter in which the Ka'lef enforces it. Many a times I was whipped for speaking out of turn or worse. But you know that you have seen them punish me for simple crimes against their codes. So that is why I ask you this question if I am a person here but I am not there. Why should the laws of this land over rule the ones I grew up with? Why would we wish to sever a master that is now not a master? If you laws make me a freeman with out the conception of my Ka'lef?"

*At this point Valren stop and looks around with a wide eye. Lowers his head and pulls out the bottle of wine once more.*

"I shall stop now before this gets me into trouble. It would make me very destressed if I were to bring Ka'lef wriath down upon anyone for this topic is taboo in my lands. I was out of place for asking such a thing."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Laws are merely enforced concepts. Concepts without enforcement are merely opinions. Discovering which is which in this land may be in your best interest."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Varys Snow
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Varys Snow »

"Well, Kal'jour, the laws of this land will overrule the laws you grew up with because of the simple fact that you are here and not there. It is as simple as that. However, there is nothing currently in our laws about owning another person. That would be a matter for the town Council to discuss and make into law if they so desire. We do not allow mental control of people here in Haven, but there is nothing about the physical possession of a person. While you are here in Haven, you are still bound to the Ka'lef, but you are also covered under our laws as an individual. A slight paradox, to be sure.

"Do I agree with slavery? You know my feelings about being Kal'jura, since I once was one. However, it is not up to us to make you change your ways. We are an open peoples here in Haven and we accept those from all walks of life. Anyone can act as they wish, as long as it does not infringe on the laws as set forth by the Council."
Farbarian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Farbarian »

((Lets see if I can Post now. 3rd try))

*After a long silence he looks to Robin*

We have forged a link, I hope more will follow so the chain of friendship may bind us together. *Drinks the drink handed him in one gulp*

*Looks to the sherif*

Relax sir you should not reveal fear to strangers they may see it as a weakness. Seeing as your a representative of your people a weak stance should be the last thing you want.

*Looks to Varlen*

Your a slave? We don't possess slaves in my lands, Everyone must stand on there own. If you wish I shall inform your masters of your freedom and demand they remain at a distanse.

*looks to Kidwynn*

Sheath your weapons lass, and join our fire.

*Standing he lets his hood fall forward fully obstucting his veiw. Even so he reaches for a staff, and heads into the wood line...At the fire you can hear large Sticks and limbs being broken...He returns momentarilly with some dead fallen wood for the fire. Some of the limbs are 2" in diamiter and have been snaped cleanly in half.*

More wood for the fire gathered as a friend of the forest should.

*Sits back on the ground with his back to the box*

Did you mention a story Varlen? I'd like a good store of the ages.
Jarl Garin
Master healer
Fear keeps you alive! Regret means your still alive.
Potion maker And Coward.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks back at the man and still has her guard up.*

No offense, but I'm perfectly comfortable where I'm at. The weapons I'll put in their place, but I'd like to keep an eye one things. Just call it a little somethin' that I do.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Farbarian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Farbarian »

*A wide smile crosses his face*

If there is one thing I understand its fear. I will leave you yours.
Jarl Garin
Master healer
Potion maker And Coward.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Raises an eyebrow.*

Interesting how you up and decide that it's fear. You haven't been here long enough to know that being cautious is a good thing for you don't know what might just jump out of the woods.

Also, before I left for a task, I as a guard for the lady over there. In a sense, I'm resuming that task.
Farbarian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Farbarian »

*Hearty Chuckle*

Observance is one thing fear is another, Observing your surroundings is good and healthy. Too run around with drawn weapons is fear. You have nothing to fear here I will protect you. You are safe. There is nothing to fear we have The Maid Robin, The sherif, A slave warrior, an animal man, And I to keep you safe. Relax...

*Smiles amused that he might protect her with his staff leaning 3 feet from him*
Jarl Garin
Master healer
Potion maker And Coward.