Wow!

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Wow!

Post by Ravinal »

Im not sure if this has been brought up at all. It's been brought to my attention that others, besides myself, may be playing world of warcraft. I just thought I'd ask who was playing, what server your playing on, and what character's you play. I am mainly on the Argent Dawn server. I play a level 42 nightelf warrior named Therine, a level 45 human priest shadow spec. named Adoros, and a level 14 gnome mage named Emick. So far Therine is my favorite, mainly because of the way she looks.
deceased
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Sorry, I only have the money to play one on-line game and I'm to occupied being a supa-hero to play WoW <shrug>
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Don't worry, you're supa-hewoes are getting their @$$es sued off by Marvel, soon you're precious COH will be shut down all cuz some jack@ss programmers wanted to put Wolverine in the game... dumb@sses.

Might as well start playing World of Warcraft now and save yourself the heartache.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Neat info...

As for WoW...

Cenarius server, Horde side, lvl 54 almost 55th lvl Tauren Hunter named Gerda. Guild: The Unnamned.

:D
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

I'm not to worried Claude, Marvel just had more than half of their case thrown out.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Um, its Marvel. They are anal-retentive in the extreme and have a ton of cash. Worse comes to worse, they'll buy the d@mn game. :D

Then they'll make a crappy movie outta it! (*cough F4! cough*)
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Okay, kids, for anyone that is interested, take you seats it's time for Marvel v. NCSoft/Cryptic 101.

First for any lawyers, or those who can speak legalees http://www.eff.org/IP/Marvel_v_NCSoft/

Second: A look at the judges ruling of the MTD (Motion To Dismiss) http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthr ... ]Newsarama

And for those who think that Marvel can buy their way out of this, please note that NCSoft is the BIGGEST MMO provider in the world. Based in Korea, their subscription #s make Evercrack, UO, FFXI and WoW combined look tiny. NCSoft's profits last year were more in line with Sony (All of Sony, not just games, but electronics, ect.) then with the (relitively) small money that Marvel took in. On top of that City of Heroes is NCSoft's foothold into the American matket, they can, and have obtained the best (IMHO) IP lawyers in the buisness.

Soco and any other legal types should really pay attention to this case. This is the first case to determain a MMO's legal place in the world. In the end I think we are going to see a new judgement on the relation between IP, Copyright and the internet.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Oh, and as a side note. Of the sceanshots, all of the shots of Hulk and Wolverine clones were sticken as "False and Sham" due to the fact that Marvel admited to haveing created them themseves.

As another side note if anyone has ALOT of spare time on there hands you can go here http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... =1#1717978

It is admitedly one sided, but there are quite a few knowledgable lawyers who pop up to give their oppinions

P.S. I know I sound like a fanboi, but when I read Marvels first complant where they claimed that ALL superheroes belonged to them I got a bit perterbed. This would be similar to WotC, or the Tolkin estate sueing Finalhaven because all elves belong to them.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Now thats just silly, Tolkien cant own all elves...they are real unlike superheroes!

geesh!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Wyrmwrath wrote:Now thats just silly, Tolkien cant own all elves...they are real unlike superheroes!

geesh!
You scare me :shock:
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

All your elf are belong to us?!

Nah...

:P