In the hole

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

In the hole

Post by GM-Mike »

Clearing the tunnel is hard, tedious work. Hanging from a rope and digging out the cavern puts trmendous strain on the muscles, but eventually a ledge is formed and the work becomes easier. Over the top of the mound of dirt, almost ten feet away, when the light is shone forth, the passageway clearly widens and so the work is nearly finished when ever so faintly, echoing from somewhere deep within the cavern comes a small, frail, female voice. No words can be discerned; it is simply a tortured sounding moan...
Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

*Azara, still looking down at Arthos and Ka*

Are you two be requirin' some aissistance with whatever it is that ya all are doin' down there?

What have you found?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

We found... a hole.

*begins to squeeze his way in*
Azara Blackhawk

*Looking down*

Arthos, before Ka gets himself stuck, do ya want me to climb down there and go in first?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Having completed the healing, Dallid quickly descends to the hole and hurries through behind Ka, trying to follow the moaning voice.*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara follows Dallid down and into the hole, not really giving Arthos much time to respond.*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos follows the group into the hole*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Azara Blackhawk

*Once inside the hole, Azara takes a look around what room there is to see if there are any tracks about, specifically to see if there are any leading towards the woman.*
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Shortly after the path widens it comes to a T, the woman's voice clearly coming from the right
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Val and drake, attend to the Inn -- I'm going with them after Donovan.

*Slides down the side of the hole and hot-foots it up to the search party.
Azara Blackhawk

*At the T, Azara pauses for a few moments and looks around. She then looks at Dallid, Ka, and Arthos.*

The woman is to the right as you can probably tell. However, guys look over here.

*Azara points to some markings to the left.*

The trail's fresh. There is clearly signs of someone being dragged and some slithering if not vine-type of things.

Based on that I vote we got to the left if the point of us bein' down here is to rescue Donnovan. We could always double-back later and check on the woman. I mean for all we know she is some sort of decoy and in that direction lies a trap.

It's up ta you though. Arthos, you are the leader down here so I shall go where ya say. Just thought I'd point out what my Scout's eyes are seein'.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos looks around and takes in everything. He nods towards Azara in aknoledgment of what she said*

Azara I see your poiont, but we can't leave that woman down here. I will take point and search for traps. We will take it slowly and exp[ect the worst, but hope for the best. Azara, Ka, Dallid be right behind me incase it gets nasty. We will double back after we help the woman. We will not split into 2 parties. Let all of us stick together!

*Arthos searchs for traps, looks for hidden items (spot), and searchs for any magic (sense magic)*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*climbs back down the rope and follows the group into the hole*

Arthos, I agree with your assessment. We know not the fate of Donovan, but we know for sure this woman is alive yet... at least, for now. We should get to her quickly.
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara nods and takes a position behind Arthos.*
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Because I have no hope of saving Donovan by myself, and none of the other members of my order have the skill to heal (nor are down here at the moment) I will remain with the party -- but I must protest this decision! Every second we wait, Donovan is closer to death, and we have know idea what this voice is. We don't know if its a trap, or how long it's been here, or if it is even in need of help. We DO know our constable, and the captain of my order, was probably taken left, and is in critical condition from what I saw in that battle -- He needs healing. I don't understand how we can decide to follow this unknown -- sidetracking us for god knows how long -- when one of our own is in immediate need of us. This is absolutely mad!
Last edited by Bob-Z (kabre) on Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.