The travelling Trader

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Trevor Owen
GM

The travelling Trader

Post by Trevor Owen »

Weapons you ask, good sir?

I have:
Bronze Dagger 3 iron
Bronze Short Sword 5 iron

Dagger 4 iron
Short Sword 7 iron
Long Sword 9 iron
Two Hander 11 Iron
Bow 8 iron
Spear 5 iron
Quarter Staff 3 iron

axe 5 iron
great axe 9 iron

Now, while i have traded for these prices in the past, I am open to some negotiation. If you wish to exchange commodities, I do have some to exchange, and can give you the following rate:
5 food = 1 iron
4 hide = 1 iron
4 wood = 1 iron
3 stone = 1 iron
4 cloth = 1 iron
2 gems = 1 iron

I prefer to deal in gems, whenever possible, as they are light and easy to carry, but will be happy to take iron in exchange when needed. These rates are good for a limited time only, act now or miss your chance, I only have a few of each item.
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Garet Maevers
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Garet Maevers »

Garet gets up from the table and approaches the traveller.

"Good sir, have you ever dealt with the Garrison of Gegrig’s hole? I have recently heard of their existance and am thinking of travelling there to gather stories for my book."
Trevor Owen
GM

Gegrig's hole huh?

Post by Trevor Owen »

*Looks the ink-stained Garrett Maevers over briefly*

"Not sure good man,

The dark elves, they had a fort a bit south of here, and probably some way underground, since I didn't see nearly as many people there as the fort could hold. But their commander, a man by the name of Harvin Nerestri, traded me these fine silk garmets for some red gems I was carrying. I couldn't pass up such an offer.

They never reffered to their camp by name though, and I wouldn't have found it at all, except I was headed in this direction from a cluster of homesteads about three days to the south, must be close to fifty people living their now. Heck of a hike though, hilly terrain. Barely got the cart through."

-Trader
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Bodygaurds, the last time you came around here your "bodygaurds" stole everything that they could get their grubby little hands on. I do not appreciate my things being taken from my person or my abode. If anyone here wishes to trade with this man so be it but I am going to make sure that his "bodygaurds" aren't up to the same this time, I suggest that someone from the Guild of Light attend to your hall.

*Atrum turns and leaves and can be seen running up the hill towards the guild hall.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Eli is yet in the Guild Hall, but he is still young and somewhat unaccustomed to the treachery of men. Perhaps another should look after him.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

Silk garments you say? Are you trading those?
Let me be the one you need, I shall be the one you feed. All I am and all you see, is all I will and ever be.

Onyksi del Rin'oviryn
"Nuk"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Draconus returns and stands and watches the trader for a bit*

Will you be returning that which you stole from me last we met?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*After seeing Atrum confront the trader, Curufin moves behind the trader to block his exit path (should he try to leave quickly for some reason)*
Lost my train of thought.....
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*Looks at Atrum*

"I think you have everything under control up here. I better get down the hole before something bad happens."

*Turns to Drake and Valane*

"Keep your eyes open, huh."

*Slides down the rope and enters the tunnel*
Lost my train of thought.....
Trevor Owen
GM

The trader's Reply

Post by Trevor Owen »

Gentlemen, as I told you the last time we met, I bought all of my goods from men on the road. They were overburdened with weaponry, and claimed not to need it all. I got a reasonable trade, and was even willing to give you a discount on the items. However, you had no means of proving that they belonged to you, and instead of trading with me, struck at me and my aid, and stole my merchandise.

I have returned out of good faith, that there are people in this town who do in fact need equipment, but if not, I have no problem in leaving.

As to your question on the silks madam, I have only these that I am wearing, and they cost me a pretty assortment of gems in trade.

-The Trader
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

*Atrum moves closer to the trader until he stands right face to face with him*

Return what you have stolen, I will not ask again.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Trevor Owen
GM

Stolen goods

Post by Trevor Owen »

I told you the last time we met, I haven't stolen anything of yours. At this point, I don't even have any of the wares I had then. Months of trading have changed the hands of my goods many times over.

If you would like, I can make you a reasonable deal, but as I have told you many times, I did not take anything from you, and you are not getting anything from me without trading fairly for it. If you have a problem with people taking things from you, take it up with those doing the taking. I have no need to steal from you, since I make a fair living trading with honest folk.

Sir, if you are becoming upset, I suggest you calm yourself. In this time of struggle, you will gain little through anger.

-The Trader
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Without a word Atrum touches the man on the arm *sleep* if he cannot resist then Atrum begins tying the man up with the rope at his waist *inescapable bonds* and as soon as the tying is done he stands for 30 seconds and touches the man again *sleep* Atrum then removes any weapons the man may have on him*spot*.

Ovak may I use your room to hold this thief? And could you see your way to letting Leeland Mancheen know that I am in need of his assistance. He is in the guild hall, remember to knock and wait for someone to open the door if you do not remember how to deactivate the traps.

If Ovak agrees then Atrum takes the man into the room, waits 30 seconds and touches the man again, *sleep*.

Atrum continues to touch *sleep* the man every 3-4 minutes.

If the trader resists the sleep then Atrum cuts him down with his nangato and then asks Ovak to hurry and retrieve Leeland.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Trevor Owen
GM

Trader

Post by Trevor Owen »

A look of shock crosses the trader's face, and he slumps to the ground, a muttered "Bastard" escaping his lips as his form hits the floor.

He has no weapons of any kind, and in his belt pouch are a few blank pieces of parchment and a stick of charcoal.
Garet Maevers
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Garet Maevers »

*Garet Watches Atrum closely and when he sees the parchment in the pouch he asks*

"Atrum, May I have the parchment?"

If Atrum hands over the parchment, Garet holds it beside the list from the Garrison of Gegrig’s hole to compare.

(Trevor, is it the same parchment? Is the list written with charcol like the traveler has in his pouch?)