Return to Lonely Duty

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Return to Lonely Duty

Post by McEwan »

After speaking with Ug and updateing the members of the Griffin that failed to make the journey to Frostfell, McEwan, followed by Nashka and Jason, returnes to the temperary camp on the hill abouve the anchent graveyard where he had spent so much of his time a few months earlyer. after a small tent had been erected and a small, well concealed, fire laid he suggest that the others sleep while they can and that he will wake them if anything happens, or if he gets tired.

after a few minutes McEwan strikes up a conversation, mostly one-sided, with one of the spectral guards that eternally hold watch against the evil of the cemitary
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

McEwan and friends pitch their tent and start their fire and get ready to rest and stand their lonely guard, but when McEwan turns to speak to a spectral guard, he is surprised to see the entire graveyard had disappeared.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

McEwan sits in shocked silence for several minutes, then nudges his two companions awake.

"Well, no, that's no sumtin' ya don't see ever'day....or don' no see as tha case ma' be."

with out waiting for a reply the dwarf readys his weapons (just in case) and slowly walks to the spot where the graveyard used to be.

(useing spot)
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

After several minutes of searching around (including kicking dirt, looking around trees and inspecting the area under rocks and pebbles) McEwan returns and starts breaking camp without a word.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

The three extinguish the fire and break down the tent quickly and professionally. In a matter of minutes they are back on the road to town chatting lightly between themselves about nothing of importence. The only sign of tension is the slight whitening of their knuckles of their weapons.

McEwan, haveing taken his normal possion in the back of the group, is walking with his head down, but his eyes sweaping the area around their path for anything else that has changed, or is unusual.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

After leaving the guild of light hall, McEwan finds his two companions and heads in search of the missing graveyard
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Having studied the firepit, McEwan and companions set off to investigate the missing graveyard. On their way to where he believes it may be, despite the map that Kidwyn produced, the three of them pass near the peasant village and notice a growing crowd of people staring dumbfounded at empty space. It takes only a moment to realize that the space where they stare was once the home of the Grainery, which has as well gone missing.

One elderly woman is seen hunched over, apparently crying. Although her cries are muffled and her words slurred from wrenching sobs, the same phrase repeated over and over agin can eventually be understood, "My Grandchild was in there..."
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca looks up as they travel twisting his head in a craning fashion. to list to the ladies cry. Nods to the lads and motion to investigate.*

"Hey Jason you go hit the east side of the group. I'll go talk with McEwan to the lady."

*They walk up and look around at this point. Neshca heads straight for the lady crying.*

"Greeting miss can we help you? Can you tell us what has happend here? So that we might better asset you folks."

*Neshca await for someone to reply.*
And what is he greatly thought , he nobly dared.
by Homer
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

McEwan walks up to the sobbing woman and places a comforting hand on her shoulder

"Dunna worry, mum we be a'findin' the wee chil' and bring ye loved one 'ome ta ya."

He then looks up to the encircleing crowd

"Be thar anyone 'ere who be a'seein' the grainery disappear, an' has anyone noticed aught else aboot tha' 'ave disappeared o' moved, be it house, well, o' tree?
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum approaches as McEwan is talking and to the Griffon's*

So it has affected the village then, not good, the people will be roused to a frenzy if something is not done.

*Atrum sighs heavily*

I'll go and speak with Robert and let him know what has gone on.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The woman looks up at Nescha and grabs him by his shoulders, nearly falling upon him in hyterics. "Please," she sobs, "My grandchild, he was playing around the grainery, I told him to come here, but then it just vanished and my grandson along with it."

The woman seems comforted only slightly when McEwan places a hand on her shoulder and when he speaks, she whispers urgently, "Don't go rousing more paranoia. There are some that say that Annabelle's hut moved clear the other side of the village, but I swear it has always been where it lies today. Only the Grainery has disappeared."
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

McEwan nods to Atrum, then looks up to the just rising sun in discust

"I just lost the stars. Dis will be harder withoot a star to guide by."

He turns form the sun to the villagers, then back to Atrum, his brow furrowed in concentration

"Atrum, iffin' ya could sar, be seein' iffin' ya c'n find someone wi' one o' Kidwynn's maps an' a sage. Tell 'um dat the fire moved 50 paces an' form 45 degrees, 15 minutes ta 82 degrees 40 minutes from th' inn, bu't I dunna think the inn be the center point. Iffin' we be able ta find the center point, we may be able ta figger whar t'ings be a'movin' ta."

McEwan looks back to the villagers

"Please, anything ya can be tellin' us w' elp' us find the chil' faster."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Nods to McEwan*

I will let Corbyn know and see if a sage can be found. I'm pretty sure that Ug is still outside the Inn.

I'll leave this in all of your capable hands, I have another matter to attend to.

Happy hunting fellow's.

*Atrum turns and heads toward Robert's place*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

It takes a minute for the old woman's words to sink in, but when they do the dwarf looks to Nashka...

"I'll be a few minutes."

...then walks over to a group of the more stable looking townsmen

"would ya gentlemen be kand enough ta be a'takin' me ta Annabelle's cabin?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

A couple of the men that McEwan asks simply nod and lead the way across the village to where Annabelle's cabin lies. She is home if and when you knock and is willing to talk.