Ug runs out of the Inn

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Ug runs out of the Inn

Post by Ug »

*Ug is followed out of the Inn by Robin, he runs toward the firepit, flames in his eyes...not just the flames of the firepit though...they appear to be actual...flames?*

*Ug looks to the sky and stops, tears streaming from his eyes, he screams. Not an elven scream, or anything like his normal "Ug-speak" tone, but a gutteral Orcish Scream of Rage.*

NOOOOOOOOKIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

*Ug roars.*
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

The Captain stopped dead in her tracks, at a complete loss for words. A saddness settled over her features, and in her eyes.

"Oh Ug," she said softly, deciding not to intrude too much on his moment of personal anguish, "I'm so sorry."

She hadn't known he and Nuk were very close, and for him to have learned of her death in such an offhanded manner was not right. She reminded herself to speak to Corbyn later about it, for there would be many others very distressed, and angry, about the death of the Dark Elf. They would all want answers.

In the present, however, Robin just stood with her friend, not wuite sure what to do, but determined to be there as she could in his moment of grief.

"I don't know everything, Ug... but I can tell you what I do know, if you want to hear it," she offered softly.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug does not appear to be listening, it is as if a silent rage has taken over him, drool runs down his chin, his glasses fell off on the way out, and the Orc in him is showing itself like never before. He kneels, rubbing his hands together and making gutteral noises, a few moments later, he turns, his eyes ablaze more than before and his right hand on fire, a ball of molten rock and flame levitating within it. He looks over to Robin and...but only for a moment...a look of calm appears to overtake him. The flame begins to dwindle, but again...but for a moment. His rage overtakes him again and the flame gets brighter. He looks to Robin.*

HU HOW WIE WARE?
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

He could very well kill her in that instant, and clearly she knew it. The look of pure orcish rage was one with which she had some experience, for she had seen it many times before on many a battlefield. He wanted blood, and it little mattered who’s. Robin knew that but for their close friendship, she would already have been a pile of cinders and there was nothing anyone could have done to stop it.

This was a very delicate moment, and Robin had never been a very delicate person. However, the last months had aged her, calmed her, and taught her a few things. She understood that he wanted blood, and that what happened next would be entirely dependent on how she handled this one moment. Finally she decided how best to act.

Robin stood there looking at him, a perfect calm settling over her features. There was sorrow for his pain there, but stronger than that was the calm. “Put that thing down and act like an elf, and I will tell you all you wish to know, Ug. I am your friend, I will tell you no untruths. However, I will not give you any names when you are like this and spell someone’s death sentence. If you want to lash out at someone, then lash out at me, I won’t stop you.” Her voice was soft, honest.

With that she took off her sword belt and dropped her daggers from out of her sleeves. She was completely unarmed. Robin looked up from where she had bowed her head and met his fiery gaze. “I can tell you all that I know, but there is much that even I do not understand. Believe me when I say that I am sorry for the loss. I just can’t let you go off and possibly harm someone when you don’t even know the whole story yet. The elf I know would have the wisdom to learn the truth ere he acted and possible exacted his vengeance upon an innocent person.” She sighed. “However, if it’s vengeance you want, then you may as well take it out on me. I suppose I’m just as guilty as any, for I said no word in her defence.”
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug begins moving toward Robin as she speaks, his eyes filled with hatred. They begin to soften again and he slows with her words, when she finishes with an admission of her own possible guilt, he becomes enraged again, raises his fire-filled hand and throws the ball of flame...

...into the fire behind him after a quick whirl around, causing it to flare up larger than before. He turns back from the fire, looking at Robin. He sniffles.*

Hav u seen muh glazzuz?

*He looks to the left and the right, then sighs, and regains composure, standing up straight, his voice clear and concise.*

I suppose the Hatemongering Frostfellians had something to do with this. Is it that we will go to war with them, or did she wrong them in some way? Was her spellbook recovered? Did she have a journal? Was anyone able to recover a bit of her flesh so that she may have a chance at being recovered through mystical means? We will need be careful in telling this to Eli. Very careful indeed; it may break the boy, and I do worry about him sometimes, he is after all, so young. What about her companion? Did he have something to do with this? We must be wary for I believe her companion may be Drake. If it is unknown who killed her, it could possibly be vengence from him, though he did tell the truth about several things. Hmmm, uncertain I am, will need to consult my books and ask about for the facts.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Behind Ug, Robin notices the flames grow tall and wild and then the flames, the pit, all of it disappears all together, leaving the two of them standing alone in the dark...
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug leaps with a start and grabs onto Robin, likely crushing her with a frightened hug like that of a bear. He looks about and then realizes that Robin can't breath. He regains his composure, makes a fist, looks up, raises a stone from his pouch in his fist, and screams in a hearty voice...*

IGNITE!
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

McEwan walks from the inn with Ug's glasses in his hand. Gently placing a hand on the greiving man's shoulder he hands the glasses to their owner and speaks softly to Ug

"Go, sar, burry yeself in ye tombs. Find ye solice there, but no be a'burryin' yerself so far as ye forget the world ya be a'livin' in."
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug's light comes on, McEwan's hand comes down on his shoulder and Ug jumps about 10 feet into the air.*
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Pulls his hand back and offers Ug his glasses

"Calm ye down lad. i be upset by Nuk's passin' too, but there be naugh accomplished by loosein' yerself in yer greif."
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin stood bravely in the face of Ug's rage, knowing that her inaction was as much guilt as any amount of action could ever have been. She knew what it was to grieve for the loss of a friend, and begrudged Ug not for his anger. However, she was not prepared for his broken sorrow. When he spoke in that soft and saddened voice she almost began to cry.

When he mentioned Eli, she nodded. "I have not been a very good surogate mother to him. Perhaps I am not very good in that role at all. I will tell him, if you wish it, for I owe the darling that much. He is dear to me, more than I think I have ever really told him." She sighed. "As for the rest, it is much as you say. They in Frostfell hate her kind and give them death on sight. There was more to it than that, including her dealings with Pentag, but much is still cloudy to me. I didn't even know she was <i>in</i> Frostfell to begin with until she was already dead. That does not change the fact that she is dead."

She was about to help him look for his glasses when she saw the fire and pit explode, and then vanish.

Shock and confusion ruled for a moment as she felt Ug plow her to the ground, assumably to protect her from any kind of attack or magical backlash. She could not help but smile to herself. Even in the face of his anger, even as he was hurt enough to strike her down, still he thought of her, and protected her. That too she would remember.

She gave McEwan a smile, not having realized that he had not gone up to their hall with Nesh as she had asked. Still, she felt the honest comfort he was trying to give Ug, and was thankful for it.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

McEwan holds Ug by the shoulders and stairs into his eyes until he is satisfied that the mage has regained a messure of his composure. After a moment he nods to himself.

"Iffin ya be neadin' ta talk, lad, I no be hard ta find."

With that he gives Capt. Steele a quick salute and walks off into the darkness
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

On the other side of the inn from where they stand, a flicker of light can be seen. Turning toward it and stepping cautiously around the inn to observe, both Robin and Ug see a new fire pit with the fire blazing
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic exits the Inn and looks around for Ug. Seeing him near the fire pit, He approaches Ug and Robin, being careful to make sound (having spent too much time with Rahl).**

"Ug are you alright?"
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin blinked a few times, mostly to make sure what she was seeing was real. Not only had the fire and pid vanished... they had reappeared in a new place.

"Ummm..." she questioned, wondering if Ug saw it too, "please tell me that I'm not crazy and that the fire really did move locations..."