The Forum.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

At this point Sen stands, and quietly picks up his tray. It is loaded with fresh cups of Ale, Tea, Mulled Wine and and a wide assortment of finger foods. He has refilled the tray, and carefully arranged each item on the tray's polished surface.
He moved as the other talk amongst themselves. He goes to all the new comers, of which there are many and offers them some refreshment. He moved between them, like an invisible presence. Finally he offers the tray to the Newest arrival, a newcomer who everyone else seems to know. With a polite bow he holds the tray out.
After they take or do not take, Sen returns to his seat, shushing the bird's warbling from inside the kitchen.
Travis Cole
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Originally the Guild of Fire was created as such. As more memebers of the Phoenix arrived to town we banded together naturally to bring in and distribute resources amongst us. For reasons I have already explained we broke into two guilds, later the Guild of Thunder was created which included some members from those guilds as well as people from other places.

When the Guild of Fire was originally formed and it was all members of the Phoenix, it would've been very easy to explain what we stood for, all that would be required is to tell you the code of the Phoenix. However, since that time several members of the Phoenix have died or turned their backs on that which they swore oaths to. This has changed the dynamics of the guild. We were never closed to people who were not Phoenix, we now ,however, needed to actively seek some assistance, at the same time some new arrivals came to town. We struck a deal that in exchange for thier efforts to help us we would make sure that they had all that they needed to survive and hopefully flurish. This was good for us, them and the Haven.

I have not had time to discuss with all of them the code of the Phoenix. It is the code I try and live by, but I would not force it on another. However, if someone in the Guild of Fire acted contrary to that, I would get involved and possibly ask them to leave to guild or worse.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*The young woman looks at the individual when she approaches him and thanks him but declines the refreshments. She then scans the room checking out all the faces and looking for a few others.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

The House

Post by Nelkie »

Arthos speaks up after hearing what has been said

Ug and I have had many long conversations and the Guild of Thunder is as he has said. We are allies in the same cause, to bring peace and prosperity to Haven and it's people. To make Haven a safe place where people can call home. Ug has shown himself to be a greater leader and has many good ideas for Haven which I am in support of. He might have the outward appearance of an Orc, but his heart is that of an elf.

The guild of thunder and the house of the creasent moon will contuine to work together. The only difference is the Guild of Thunder handles it's own resources in stead of pooling them with the rest of the guilds in which the house of the creasent moon.

The House does not force anyone to do what they do not want to. I believe in indivual freedom and try to provide my house members with what they need to have the freedom they wish as long as it does not interfer with the mentioned goals. Many members of the house have strict codes of conduct that they follow and others do not. But we all have the same goal which we have been striving for since we came here to Haven. To bring peace and prosperity to Haven and it's people. To make Haven a safe place where people can call home.

I have great respect and trust in the leaders of the guilds in the House of the Creasent moon and I know they would gladely sit down with you and discuss their guild with you. As I will gladely do the same for anyone who has questions of me or the House.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“Bah! It seems clear the Guilds of Fire and Steel lack significant purpose, and an organization without purpose can only fade. I recommend you address this issue.”

“And what of your Guilds, Atrum?”
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale nods to Kidwynn as he sneeks a tidbit from Sen's tray in passing the bar, "How have you been Kidwynn? Nice hat. "
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Grins a mischievous grin which reveals nothing.*

I'm alright....

*Looks around to see if anyone else decides to continue this discussion further.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

"I'm afraid, friend Amagus, that your evaluation is incorrect. The Guilds of Steel and Fire have both purpose and direction, but that purpose and direction is shared by The House of the Crescent Moon and the Phoenix Guard as a whole. Both guilds strive to protect the Haven, to defend the innocent, to improve the lives of all around them, and to create an open and welcoming civilization out of the chaos of the Cataclysm. Both guilds do not seek either power or dominion, but attempt to achieve a united, fair, and benevolent society."

"In truth, assembling ouselves into guilds is not something to which we of the Phoenix are accustomed. We would much rather work together with all of Haven's citizens, but it seems the merchants of this land prefer to deal with guilds. As such, we have put together guilds as a means to conduct trade and secure resources for the people of Haven. Personally, I dislike the guild strucutre and the competition it creates among people who must rely on one another for survival. It imposes artifical barriers among us, and I fear that such factionalism will only serve to pull us apart."

"It is for that reason why I do not engage in the same kind of recruitment that others do. Anyone who makes an honest effort to do good by the Haven is helping us all, regardless of what guild they are in. I appointed three of the guild leaders here, and I know the rest of them well enough to have faith in their good intentions. We may not always agree on how things should be done, but all of us want to see the Haven healthy, whole, and prosperous."

"Some people choose to see the guilds in another light, as sources of authority competing for political power. I have heard rumors of people slandering other guilds in order to gain membership in their own organizations, thinking that by so doing they can amass some sort of advantage over the rest of Haven. I pray that those rumors are not true, but it matters little if they are. No darkness will gain purchase here... that, I can assure you. "
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Raises an eyebrow and goes into her pouch. From the bag she produces a blue bottle. The young woman opens it and taks a drink. She then grins a mischievous grin.*

I see absolutely nothing has changed here since I've been away. Humm...imagine that.

*She takes another drink.*
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan smiles and nods towards Kidwynn, acknowledging her when she greets both him and Arthos. After she speaks, a questioning look passes across his face.*

"Kidwynn, what do you mean absolutely nothing has changed since you've been away? Quite a bit has changed. Has anyone briefed you since you got back? Did you learn anything while you were away?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Donovan and takes another drink, grinning the whole time.*

No one has told me anything luv...

As for my travels...learned a lot actaully.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Seeing Kidwynn's smile, Donovan returns a grin of his own.*

"As soon as we're done here I'll bring you up to speed; as I said, you've missed quite a bit. This is a Forum designed to help people get questions answered and share information. Did you learn anything we all should know?"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn just drinks out of her bottle and waits to see what else transpires.*
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“Ah, now at last is purpose revealed. Of coarse the guilds work in concert with the rest of the town – such a trait must by necessity be held by all to enhance mutual survival in these troubled times. This purpose must exist as a defining trait of everyone, must be shared by all this towns components, and cannot be the defining characteristic of any single guild.”

“So Fire, Steel, and also Light I presume, as no one has proved willing to speak for it, exist as a means of deceiving foreign merchants – to gain advantage at trade. Now I see reason in their formation. However, if you expect them to grow in strength and number, I’d suggest adopting characteristics more appealing to selective individuals.”

“As the Phoenix is military in nature, perhaps a warrior’s guild is in order – within which its members can train together, share in the upkeep of their gear, and swap tales of battle. Or an archer’s guild, where again those of like mind can find enhancement in camaraderie. A support guild, perhaps, that can supply a ready smith, tracker, or healer to meet the needs of the other guilds. Members of guilds such as these will find reason and encouragement to grow, prosper, and thrive.”

“Otherwise they merely sit under a name – acting no more than bait for passing traders – and I cannot see them flourish thusly.”
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Funny

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos chuckels good naturly*

Amgus, you are using the true defenition of what guilds where of old. Since the cataclysm, the meaning of guilds has changed.
The guilds of Haven started and mostly still are, a group of people who have like ideas and can work together for the benifit of the group. Some guilds had a code of conduct, some simple goals, like survial, and others are just people trying to survive.
We are finally getting to the point where there is enough people and security in Haven where guilds can start specializing as the guilds of old did. The Guild of the Thunder is the first who have done so.
For the longest time we just worried about survial, but the towns hard work is starting to pay off and Master Ug's guild is an example of that.
You are welcomed to your opion, but try to understand where Haven started from before leaping to conculsions.
My Thoughts

Aaron