Return from Frostfell: Chapter 3 (Witch Demon Pass)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Kels, eyes determined and he will notice she has been watching things carefully.*

Then explain this to me Kels...ummm...in this case Captain. Why is it that we have been out here about as long as you have the first time you headed to this frozen wasteland and it feels as if we are no closer to home then we should be and we run into things you did not face the first time?

If orders are to continue with the course of travel Captain then fine, but as a scout feel as if I had to say something.

*Pulls her swords out and moves in position to be near Corbyn should something nasty attack.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca look up at Kiddwyn and nods in agreement to her statement.*

"Now that is a true statement. Why is it taking longer to get back than it took to get there!"

*Turns his head looks Corbyn right in the eyes.*

"Got anyone good reason for that Corbyn? If not I understand, I am just wondering myself. "
And what is he greatly thought , he nobly dared.
by Homer
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

((For the record, you've only been traveling for about two to two and a half weeks... unfortunately, participation on this has r e a l l y slowed down and I'm trying to bring it to a close.))

*Annika wakes up and sits up in her bedroll looking around at all of the activity and listening quietly to the hubbub. It is uncertain if she is looking for someone or something, or if she is just generally people watching. The circles beneath her eyes have grown darker and she appears somewhat sickly with weariness.*

*Annika watches the exchange between Kels and Kidwynn and shakes her head a bit. She walks over to them and says politely:*

"If I was informed correctly, your people did not make this whole trek. This is a four or five week trek in all and we are only halfway home. However, once we cross these Plains over the next day or so, we will be far enough away from home that you will be able to use your magic means without retribution from the people of Frostfell and thus return home."

*Annika smiles weakly and looks Kidwynn over in assessment.*

"It is apparent that you are a very gifted Woods Walker. If you feel comfortable and desire it, you are welcome to scout ahead with one or more of our Riders."

*Annika sighs briefly then nods and continues.*

"I understand that your people are suspicious of the reality of things here. I'm struggling with some things I once believed as truths. But know this: one person and their lies does not represent the rest of us. Our people are very proud and honor-bound. And our love of our land and our customs is strong. Please remember that when considering my people."

*If there is nothing lengthy that either Kels or Kidwynn will say, Annika will turn and look around for Arthos and make her way over to him.*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos is by the fire making a small shelter for the baby. He has a grim look on his face and looks pained but very resolute*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels turns to look at Kidwynn*

"Kidwynn, Annika is right we did not have to walk this whole way when we made this trip.... do not take this the wrong way but when i give an order please follow it.... *He stops for a moment* I do value your input."

*Kels looks at Annika*

"I beleve this is the fastest way out of here."

*He countinus his scaning of the area*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at him and just cocks her head to the side.*

Please forgive Captain. Not been able to talk to you off to the side very well. I will go by your orders. It's alright, I will go and continue to guard.

*Looks around at whomever has been paying attention then around the encampment. Kels will notice by her reaction even before she says anything that something is off.*

*She looks at Anika*

Where is Donovan?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale walks out from where he had been talking privatly with Donovan finishing his glowing ember and reteriving his items from the fire. He walks over to Kels and Kidwynn. "So, what'd I miss and who's the kid?"
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks at Shale voice very cold and to the point as the harsh environment they are in.*

Long story and that whatever it is isn't real. Something to do with spirits or whatever. Was ordered not to engage and didn't.

Shale, I noticed you walking off to talk to Donovan first. He came back and then left to have a private discussion with V..I mean Drake. Last person I saw him leave privately with was Anika.

So where is he?
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika shakes her head slowly*

"I do not know... he went for a walk last eve after our discussion. I have not seen him since. I imagined he would have returned by now."

*Annika seems extraordinarily disturbed by Donovan's lack of presence. She walks over to the nearest Bear Rider and speaks with him quietly; the Rider takes off shortly in the direction that Annika and Donovan had gone the night before.*

"Kidwynn, I am sending my best Woods Walker to seek Donovan. If you wish to accompany him, you may."

*Annika turns and walks over to Arthos at this point.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks over to Kels for orders knowing that currently he has assigned her to say near Corbyn.*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

*Arthos*

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos finishes the shealter. He feeds the child and places the child into the shealter and coveres him with a blanket. Arthos bends down to the child and speaks softly to him*

My little one. You must stay here for here is where you belong. I do not understand the curse you and your people are under, but I can not take you with me. You belong to this valley and it would be wrong for me to take you from this place. I hope I have given you peace for the time you have been with us. Rest now and return to your people and may the curse be lifted.

*Arthos rises stifely and queitly packs his couple belongings never looking back to the child*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Watches Arthos and nods approvingly.*

Kidwynn, Kels, please stay close and scout ahead a bit as we get underway. I would have us back in Haven with all possible haste.

Arthos, if Annika feels it would not be a problem, please accompany her Bear Rider in search of Donovan and ensure he has come to no harm.

*Walks over to Robin and the Gryffins, making sure all are ready to depart.*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Hearing Corbyn speak to him Kels turns to look at him*

"Yes my lord."

*turns to Kidwynn*

"When we start moveing you may scout ahead i will stay with Corbyn.*

*Kels then waits for the order to move out staying within sight of Corbyn*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Look at Kels for a few moments, her eyes appear to be searching for something and for a brief moment the frozen exterior she has been portraying isn't quite so frosty. It then resumes and she adjusts her pack.*

As you command Captain.

*She then takes off to scout ahead.*
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika nods enthusiastically when Corbyn mentions Arthos.*

"Whomever you deem fit for the task, Good Sir Corbyn. Am I to understand that it is your wish that we leave out before Good Sir Donovan returns?"

*Annika raises an eyebrow and nods to her Bear Rider to find Arthos and leave immediately.*

*Arthos and the Bear Rider walk off to the east in the same direction that Donovan and Annika walked the evening before. After about a half hour to forty five minutes elapse, the same Bear Rider and Arthos return, this time from the southeast. The Bear Rider walks over and reports his findings to Annika, she speaks softly to the Rider who takes back off quickly in the same direction, and Annika walks over to Corbyn and announces somewhat aloud:*

"It seems Donovan is making his way out of the Red Ice Plains. He is likely eight to ten hours ahead of us, leaving after our discussion. When you are all ready, we can quickly pick up where Arthos and Hann left off. We may not be able to catch up with him in such a large group, so if you wish to send a small party ahead with a better chance of finding him and ensuring his safety, I would advise it. I'm dedicating two men to this task already." *Annika seems slightly disappointed and annoyed.*

(Edited to add additional content.)